Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
Sapphire was furious. She'd found Kira outside, crying under a tree. It had taken time to get the truth out of her, but the truth was infuriating. Sapph was so over the ridiculous Maxwell drama. The incident with Nora and Philip messing with Ava had been enough for her. Having Caelan messing with Kira's emotions wasn't something the Slytherin would stand for. She stormed back to the castle. Her rage seemed to lock onto the boy because she found him quickly. And they were alone, perfect. "Maxwell!" She snapped, throwing herself in his path.

She didn't care she wasn't as tall as he was. She put her hands on her hips, glaring at him with sapphire eyes. "You're going to tell the sweetest girl in the world she can't be in your life because there's someone else in yours?" She held herself back from hitting him. "Yeah, she sent a rose. I was with her! She was so flustered by it. She couldn't even sign the note. And yeah, she went to the dance with Marcos! He found her pouting alone when you didn't ask her so he was a friend and kept her busy. I should beat you into the ground!" She yelled. "She dragged me to some stupid game because she thought if she could just be a little bit more confident you might notice her!"

Caelan's steps were imminently getting faster every minute. He can't find her, the boy tried to look on the few rooms on the second floor and the rest of the first floor but she was nowhere to be found. He stopped just almost at the top stairs going down to the entrance hall. Where could she be? He thought to himself. Frustrated, he kicked the wall near him. The pain made him groaned and yet, he ignored it. The boy was about to make a run down tot he entrance hall but what caught him off guard was Kira's cousin. Only, she was yelling about something but the sentence he could come up with was the last one. So, it was Kira's own accord to go to that little meet up and play that childish game. "Wait? You're telling me it was Kira who actually wants to kiss somebody else? Is that what you call confidence?" Caelan was just being calm enough not to shout at the girl. And he thought he's the bad guy here.

"And yes! I know she sent the roses, I'm not stupid. I was going to treat her tomorrow for some lunch and candies ... but I think that's not going to happen anymore." Caelan also wanted to tell Kira about what he feels about her tomorrow. It was a date he was planning since. He turned around from her to calm his nerves, his hands on his hips, he turned around again to the girl. "All of this is just a misunderstanding anyways. Kira wrongly heard what I said earlier. I figured she's with somebody and told her I'll stay away from now on. Maybe that's the best thing to do. Because apparently gaining confidence is to stick their mouth to every guy they met." It hurt to say that but it was the truth. It's what her cousin perfectly said. Caelan sigh, "Where is she, I just want to explain what I said earlier and I won't bother her anymore." He pursed his lips, waiting and so he could end everything they are.

Sapphire threw her hands up in the air. "You don't get it, do you? Bloody Maxwell's." She pinched the bridge of her nose. "She doesn't think she's good enough for you. She sees herself as this shy, stupid little girl. She adores you. Yeah, going to the game wasn't her best plan. But she's terrified." She took a deep breath and looked up to the boy. "It doesn't help that Nora sent our little Ava the hospital wing just for being friends with Philip." She grimaced at the memory. "Kira has never been what you could call... Socially adept. She's painfully shy and spends more time with books than people. She's also stubborn. She convinced herself that you wouldn't notice anyone like her. She figured the only solution was to be someone else. And she's kicking herself for it already."

Sapphire sighed and rubbed her neck. "Look. She's... Not in the best shape. I haven't ever seen her like this. Not when she lost her parents. Not when she thought she'd lose her brother. If she's ever broken down before, she's never done it in front of anyone. But she's upset that she even bothered with that idiotic game and she's upset she thought you might ever like her." She looked up at Caelan. "Whatever you do, don't change your mind. And don't let Nora hurt her the way she hurt Ava." Shaking her head, she pointed over her shoulder. "She's out by the lake."

The boy chuckled slightly, he guessed they're too much of an annoyance to this school since god knows when. He shook his head in all the things she said, technically, he can't tell Kira what to do. It's her life to choose and she choose to go to that stupid thing. "What does she think what's good enough for me? A princess? Another girl who has the same standard in the society as we do? No, she's perfect." His eyes rolled when he heard his older cousin's name in the conversation. Taken she had been an annoyance to both Teagan and Philip because she's looking out for family. Although, Caelan doesn't condemn the act Nora has been doing. "Kira will surely be safe from Nora." The boy promised.

Caelan didn't know what to do anymore. He brush his hair ruggedly with his fingers, "I like Kira just like the way she is. Her smile, her laugh, how she talks smartly. It's okay to be weird and I have those weird traits, not her. Kira is perfect." There, he's pouring everything out to the person who's not even supposed to know these things and yet here she is. "I'll keep an open mind. But I do promise she's safe from Nora." Caelan smiled at Kira's cousin. "Thank you." He thanked her and ran down the steps. It was pretty late, they have to be careful not to be seen by prefects roaming around. It might be the dance but it's been done since hours ago, curfew is in order.

She should go back to the castle. Kira knew that. She just... Couldn't bring herself to move. She felt awful. She hugged her knees to her chest, staring out at the dark water. She really was stupid. She had just been trying to be like Tyra. Her older sister was beautiful. Tyra often told her stories of her school days, of how many men she had dated before Jason. Jason had even told Kira once he admired Tyra's confidence and beauty.

Kira sighed, laying her head in her arms. Who was she kidding? A game of spin the bottle wouldn't give her the same confidence her sister had when it came to boys. She scoffed, another tear falling down her cheek. Kira had never really been comfortable around the other gender. She probably never would be. Fighting that wouldn't change anything.

She shivered as the wind blew. She wished Sapphire hadn't seen her out her. Kira never cried. Sapphire might not have caught a sobbing, broken mess, but even the quiet tears that Kira had been sporting had been enough to worry the Slytherin. She should probably try to find her friend. Sapphire had a habit of worrying too much. Kira pushed herself to her feet, wiping at her eyes. She really should be going.

Wand out, a light emanating from the tip of her wand, she tried fishing her way out from the gardens. The moon was shining, though, her eyes was weak in the dark. After the dance, Nora wondered off alone to the nicest place she could think off. Thinking why she was alone but realized she knows why. The dark haired girl sigh more than once that night and as she walked out of the gardens, she made her way accidentally toward the lakeside. "Of my lord! I should really wear my glasses instead of my contacts." She murmured to herself. Nora stopped to think the way back toward the castle and as she was doing so, a silhouette of a sitting person grab her attention by the lake.

Curious, the girl went to investigate. It wasn't the best idea she had but curfew was already in place. Turning the light off from her wand, she went near the figure, her purple cloak flying behind her. Nora was worried it was just an animal and might attack her and so, she readied her wand. "Lumos!" Nora whispered, her wand toward the figure. "Hey! You best be going inside, curfew is in place." She announced. Nora could only see the flowing hair from behind, indicating it was a girl. "Honey, Valentine's Day is over, so, get over your unlucky self and move inside or else whatever house you are in you'll get deducted." The dark haired girl pushed on.

Kira nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard a female voice ring out from behind her. She swiped at her eyes again quickly before turning around. "O-oh, I'm t-terribly sorry," She stuttered, rubbing the back of her neck. She glanced up to see none other than Nora Maxwell illuminated in the light from the tip of her wand. Kira swallowed nervously. She'd been trying to avoid the other girl as much as she could. Kira was hardly as sweet or talented as Avaria, and Nora had been quick to disapprove of her. She was worried about what the girl would do to her. She tucked her chocolate hair behind her ear, blushing furiously. "I-I'll be going," She murmured, turning away. Maybe she could make a quick exit and put an end to this horrible night.

Oh, it's that girl from the Wedding and probably the girl from the letter that was accidentally sent to me. Yes, she recognized the face and how she was introduce to them by Teagan's boy friend or was it ex- boy friend now? Nora didn't care. He was, although, handsome and perfect for Teagan. The girl apologized when Nora was the one who intruded and she was about to walk off when the Slytherin girl grab her left arm. Based on the letter for Caelan, she seems to fancy her cousin. "Kira, isn't it? Well, a word of advice ..." Nora trailed off to whisper on her ear. "Stop it while you can. My aunt found out your little exchange letters and well ... she's not happy." She stated. Nora straighten up and let go of the girl. "You don't want Caelan's mum to get upset, right?" She asked Kira with her fake sad emotion. Abigael Maxwell was old and demanding, she wanted her kids to marry into something like her three other children. Caelan was the only underage in her and her husband's care and will do anything to stop this.

Kira froze when Nora grabbed her arm. She nodded wordlessly as the other girl asked her name. She listened quietly as Nora confirmed everything Kira had been afraid of. She was no one, with nothing that could ever remotely interest the other boy. Feeling a lump in her throat, she just shook her head. "N-no, I wouldn't..." She swallowed, not liking how small her voice sounded. "He a-already said there's s-someone else," She stuttered, twirling a strand of hair around her finger. She could feel her heart breaking again the more she thought of it. "I... I didn't mean to... I'll just go," She murmured, turning again to leave. "Thank you," She added politely, even if she wasn't sure she felt it. She was nothing if not proper. She had strayed from that earlier tonight and she knew it had been a mistake. She wouldn't do so again. She was glad Nora couldn't see the tears in her eyes.

Nora changed her emotion from sad to happy, smiling to Kira as she answered her understanding what she was saying perfectly. Of course, she didn't want just her word for it, she wanted something more. But the Ravenclaw walked away from her already, "Nox!" Nora ended the spell from the Lumos charm she did. She can now see without a glare. "Hey, Kira!" She called upon the retreating girl. Nora followed her where she stopped. The Slytherin placed herself in front of her again, smiling she said, "Words are great to satisfy someone but promises only exist with me if they truly mean it. I want to show someone how serious I am about those promises." Nora grab Kira's right hand, palm up. She placed her wand on top of it and said, "Diffindo!" A good size slit appeared on her palm. Blood just starting to come out of it. "Let's just say it's part of a blood ritual when Caelan asked where you got that. There will be plenty more if I see you with him." She caution her or rather threaten her. Nora smiled to her.

He ran as fast as he could. The boy might not be that athletic but he can ran. The long way toward the lake was tiring but Caelan really wanted to see Kira and explain to her what he really meant. He managed to dodge the prefects who started patrolling and when Caelan neared the lakefront, he stopped at the sight of the girl he likes and Nora. He ran the few feet toward them and shoved Nora out of the way to see if Kira was okay. "Are you okay? What did Nora do?" He was asking like he needed to hound down someone. Then he noticed her hand, it was bleeding. He then looked at Nora and back to Kira's hand. "Did Nora, do this?" He asked calmly. He wanted to know. He wanted to know so that he could fight back for her. "Nora!" Caelan turned to his cousin.

Kira's heart nearly stopped when she heard Nora call her name again. That couldn't be good. Of course, Kira was right to be afraid. Her blue eyes widened as a cut appeared on her hand. Was that...? Oh... oh no. She vaguely registered that Caelan had appeared out of nowhere and seemed to be confronting Nora. She heard him asking her what had happened. "I... it... that... blood... heh heh," She managed something unintelligent, her stomach flipping. She felt herself getting dizzy. She stumbled into a nearby tree, turning her palm so she couldn't see the cut and pressing her face into the bark. She could not pass out right now. She had never done well with blood. It was the silliest thing, but she couldn't help the way her stomach turned at the sight of it. After a moment, she took a deep breath. "It doesn't matter," She managed weakly. "I'll just go." She wanted to be sure, but she hadn't managed to find her feet yet. She couldn't really bring herself to move back towards the castle.

She felt being shoved to the side, hearing her cousin's very familiar voice. Asking his beloved if she was alright. Nora rolled her eyes, while shoving her wand away under neath her coat pocket. "She tripped at the Lakefront. I saw her there. Probably one of the rocks slit her hand." Her face didn't gave away anything. She played calm and yet, she felt nervous. But as she observed Kira, the Ravenclaw girl seems a bit off from her cut. I would have done worst but I'll give you a second chance. Nora thought to herself "You should bring her to the Hospital Wing. She looks like she's going to faint." It was, however, almost true. Nora looked at Kira as she made a near by tree her wall of support. Caelan was still asking her what happened, Kira didn't give out a detail. Good.

Caelan was getting confused, his mind was half acknowledging Nora and the other was Kira. Kira on the other hand wasn't talking about who done it but he was pretty sure it was Nora. Although, his cousin gave out a lie. He looked back at Kira who was against a nearby tree, Caelan was worried and assisted Kira. "I'm bringing you to the Hospital Wing. I won't take no for an answer." The Ravenclaw boy grab Kira gently by the arm. He sure this is not the end of it for him and Nora, he will find out the truth, Kira is just too nice to tell on people but this was the last straw. "Can you walk though?" Caelan wanted for Kira to be comfortable, her hand was still bleeding and the only thing he could do was put pressure in it.

Kira shook her head as Caelan came near her. "No, it... it's too late for the hospital wing. Sapph... she's more than likely lurking near the doors waiting for me to get back. She- she can fix it," She managed, trying to stay calm. "I- I can get back on my own. It... it's okay," She tried to reassure him, pulling away and starting back for the castle. It was harder than she'd thought it would be, but it needed to be done. He didn't care for her and Nora scared her to death. Kira was sure she was shaking, but she stood tall anyway. She couldn't break down over someone who didn't care. It would just hurt her worse if it did. "I'm sorry," She murmured as she tried to step past Caelan. She was such a mess. She couldn't believe she'd pulled him into some silly thing like this.

Caelan brushed his face with both his hand, frustration was immediate on his face. "Kira! I'm already here, I can help you go to the Hospital Wing." His tone quick. What's happening? He thought. He did one mistake and that's talking too fast for Kira and now everything seems to fall apart. When Caelan can't stop Kira, he sigh, closed his eyes and said, "If you just knew. I was nervous to tell you that ..." Caelan sigh again but this time his eyes were open and he had turned around to where Kira went. "I like you! Okay! I like you!" He shouted after her. There, he said it, while she's bleeding. This wasn't the time for it but he has to tell her before Nora hurts her again.

Kira froze in her tracks as Caelan called after her. She just couldn't get back to the castle. She couldn't quite wrap her head around what he had said. She half turned back to him, still gripping her hand. "I... you... what?" She stood there, blushing furiously and feeling torn. "But... I... I'm just..." She bit her lip, looking away. Her chocolate hair fell to cover her face. "But... your mum... I shouldn't..." She shook her head but didn't move away. She shouldn't get between Caelan and his family. Family... family was everything.

He listen to her as she stutter. Hearing about his mum didn't made sense to him. What would his mum got to do whether he liked Kira or not? Caelan looked at Nora briefly and shook his head then went back to Kira. The Ravenclaw boy attempted to walk closer to her and when he did, Caelan cuffed both Kira's cheeks gently, tucking her hair behind her ears. "I don't know what Nora told you but those are not true, okay? No one can determine what I feel about you. Not even my parents." He looked at her in the eye, he was telling the truth. "And no, I didn't have someone else. It was always you." Caelan looked at her lips, he gulped a lump on his throat. And as if he coulnd't wait anymore longer, the boy kissed her full on the lips.

Kira was debating on whiter or not she should just leave. She hated to think she could hurt Caelan, but she was worried that no matter what she did this would end badly. That there was no happy ending here. She wished for a moment that all those fairy tales she read were possible. She had just resolved to turn and leave when Caelan took her face in his hands. She froze, blue eyes wide as her gaze met his. Her heart hammered painfully against her chest. She'd never been so close to a boy before. During the game... she'd darted in and out of each encounter as quickly as she could. This... this was so much different. She couldn't look away from Caelan as he spoke. She was speechless, unsure of how to respond.

She wouldn't have been able to respond anyway. As his lips covered hers she felt like her heart stopped. She forgot about her hand, she forgot about Nora. All that was left was Caelan. She stepped closer, hesitantly returning his kiss. Her uninjured hand came to rest on his chest. After a moment she pulled away, swallowing nervously. "I... I don't know what I'm doing. I... have never done this before. I want there to be an us, b-but... I'm scared Caelan." She bit her lip and looked up from under her lashes. She hoped he had some idea what he was doing because she certainly didn't.

Her lips were soft, he longed for it. He would just stare at them whenever she was around but mostly, he was staring at her. And that lips were gone from his. Caelan opened his eyes to see her worried face. She was stuttering. Scared. He was then confused what she was talking about, "What are you scared about?" He asked. There was no way she would be scared, he knows her. She can fight. "Kira, there's nothing to be scared about being with me. Trust me, please" He wanted it to work. For the world to agree to this.

Nora watched the scene, it was a perfect replica of a Spanish soap opera she used to watch back home. But then it went from arguing to kissing which irritates the 5th year Slytherin. Nora heard the conversation and had to butt in. "Yeah, Kira. There's nothing to be scared about dating someone whose mother is ready to disinherit their child or exiled them permanently here in New Zealand." She looked at Kira while she say those words. Then looked at Caelan. "You know about this Caelan, your mum wouldn't come to Spain to ask me to look out for you. That promise will not be broken. I'm just here to warn you that Kira will suffer from Aunt Abigael's wrath if you don't stop this nonsense." She made her point there when she made Kira bleed. But her aunt's hurtful words are much more than a slit in a palm of someone's hand.

Kira couldn't help but smile a little as Caelan asked her to trust him. "I-" She began, but was startled by the sound of Nora's voice. She'd forgotten the other girl was there. Jumping, she pulled away, stepping back several feet from Caelan. Her eyes widened as Nora said his mother would disinherit and exile him. She swallowed nervously. "S-she would do that?" She stammered, backing up a bit more. She couldn't do that to him. Nora didn't seem to hear her as she continued to speak to Caelan.

Kira's hand stung as Nora spoke. She bit her lip, shaking her head. Caelan had said to trust him, right? She took a hesitant step forward and placed a hand lightly on his arm. "I... I can handle his mum if I have to," She resisted the urge to hide behind Caelan as she looked at Nora. "I have the Inn," she glanced at Caelan. "If anything bad happens... You'd have somewhere to stay... Unless...?" She doubted herself. Was this what he wanted? Biting her lip, she pulled her hand back a bit. She wanted to trust him, but if he changed his mind she wouldn't force him.

He waited for her response but it was like there was one person who can't stand someone being happy. Caelan's jaw tighten as he calmly tried to block whatever she was saying. He knew this was going to come up, that's why he wanted to tell Kira he love her before this even happened. "Don't listen to her." Caelan knew he would hear from his mum tomorrow, Nora was evil in all counts. He wished her to feel loved sometimes because this attitude is getting on her big time. Although, he was more worried about his mum, she can do anything to people that aggrivated her or the family. She can take away whatever they have. Caelan's mum isn't a a lawyer for nothing. What if Abigael does something to Kira that he'll regret?

Caelan felt her hand on his arm. Her touch was nice, it calmed him.
"Don't worry, Kira. I'll be fine. Thanks for the offer though." But he was still thorn at the fact, Nora just brought the dragon that was his mum out. "I don't care about what mum says, it's my decision who to love and not." Caelan made that clear enough. He's now in a battle between love and his mum.

She snorted, "Kira, Abigael Maxwell is a ruthless lawyer that can take everything away from you. She can manipulate everyone." Caelan then spoke, she smiled wickedly. "Well, if you go through with it, you already screwed it up. You lie to Kira about your mum and making promises you can't keep." Nora untied the ribbon she got from her hair and started to walk toward Kira. She grab her bleeding hand and wrapped the ribbon around her palm. Caelan can't say she didn't helped her precious Kira. "If I were you, don't eat breakfast at the great hall. You'll just embarrassed yourself." And with that, she walked back to the castle. Trying to dodge prefects all the way to the dungeons.

Kira smiled softly when Caelan reassured her. That smile quickly faded as Nora explained who his mother was. She paused, uncertain. They couldn't lose the Inn. Tyra had given everything for her and the inn. No one could be that heartless, could they? Before she could think more on it, Nora was walking towards her. She straightened, fighting the urge to step back. She grabbed Caelans arm, her eyes wide. Was Nora going to hurt her again? She winced as Nora grabbed her hand again, but relaxed as she felt that the girl bandaged her hand. She opened her mouth the thank her but Nora spoke again before she could.

Kira stared after the other girl a moment. "Caelan..." She turned to look at him. "That's a lot of trouble just for me. Are... Are you sure?" She tucked her hair behind her ear. "I'm just... Well, just me. Your mum hasn't met me and she still hates me." She blushed and looked out over there water. "I don't want you to get in trouble..." She spoke softly, uncertainty in her voice. She cared for Caelan, yes. But she wasn't a selfish person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back