Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
not interested
Wand
Oak Wand 14 3/4" Essence of Raven Feather
With this being his last yuleball, Aonghas had known he should come along. Perhaps, unlike Katia, he wasn’t as unattached to school as he was sure most people thought he was, he just was realistic about the fact that school for him was a bit of waste but that he could still enjoy himself. There was no reason why he couldn’t have a little fun at this event, without Katia. He hoped that Lauren might be about, he could dance with her. He was sure if his life was different he might’ve ended up wanting to date her, but his life had turned out how it had turned out and he just had to deal with it. He didn’t mind it most of the time, he could deal with it. He just thought as he came to his final yuleball of all the could’ve beens. He went to the snack table as he always did and began getting some snacks to eat, some final yuleball snacks.

Lauren had never been with someone to the dance, and she didn't saw it happening anytime soon. She grew a bit scared when the year was flying by. She thought about going with Aonghas again, his family was nice to her. They welcomed her and she didn't knew how she could ever thank them. But she had been speaking with Bryce as well, he was kind to her and wanted to help. She agreed that Gabriella would write the headmistress, and she felt like she had more help than ever. She was scared though of that her father would find out and if he would find an way to hurt her and find her. The one person here at school and from the same age where she felt safe with and she sometimes wondered if she liked him more than just an friend. But that would never happen since he was engaged with Katia. She made her way to the Great Hall and walked towards the snacks and drink table, something she did always directly. And spotted Aonghas there. She was scared of asking him to go with her, but she hoped he would join her in her last year. '' Hey Aonghas.'' She than said with an small smile. He looked handsome in his suit. Lauren looked at boys differently now, but she had never thought of love before of something in that way. Since she didn't even knew what it was, she had never known love. '' Would it be okay to hang out with you? I don't have to dance. Just talk an bit?'' She than said with an smile.
'' And eat a lot of food ofcourse.'' She added with an grin. She remembered them hanging out a lot, they knew eachother so long now.

Aonghas smiled as Lauren approached him, "Hey Lauren, ye're looking beautiful tonight," He gave a little smile, he took one of the biscuits and held it out to her, "Always here fae snacks," they had always hung out at these, with snacks, with just spending the time at the snack table and having a good time together. But they were older and this was his final ball, "But maybe we could dance, this will be ma last yuleball after all, might as well dance wae ma best pal,"

Lauren listened as Aonghas spoke. She blushed without noticing as he complimented her, no one ever did that except him. It made her feel good around him. And an bit sentimental thinking how long they were already friends, the only ever friend she had. Who earned her trust, which was something so scary for her. But he made her see that people were to be trusted. '' Thanks.. you do too.'' The blonde than responded. She took an biscuit that he offered to her and took an bite of it. '' Ofcourse, what else is fun?'' Lauren than said to him with an grin and looked at the ground. He than talked about dancing and she frowned as he said it would be his last. Wait? They were only sixth years they were not graduating this year. '' Wait.. what do you mean last?'' Lauren than asked him and felt sad all of sudden. He wasn't gonna leave her right?

Aonghas gave a little smile and nodded, "Ah'm staying on till ah finish sixth year then I'm gonna drop out," he said. He was sure he had mentioned it before but perhaps he had just never managed to. Perhaps he had never gotten to actually saying it. But he just nodded. he put down his biscuit and held his hand out to her so that they could go dance, "let's dance, then I'll explain it," he said to her. He wanted to be able to tell her plainly, to speak clearly and be able to tell her about what his plan was. He knew it would be hard for her to hear, difficult perhaps for her when it happened but it was the reality of the situation.

Lauren didn't felt right about this. Why was he dropping out, he actually told her. What did she need to do without him? She would be so alone here. There were some kind people who came to her after the howler, but perhaps because they just thought it was sad or she was weird, and not for who she was. She took the last piece of her biscuit in her mouth and shook her head. '' Why? It's only one year still. Don't you like it at here? '' Lauren than said and sighted. She looked at the hand he hold out. If this was actually the last Yule Ball with Aonghas she needed to take this change and grabbed his hand. '' Explain.. please.'' The blonde than started as they walked towards the dance floor. She hoped she could do two things at the same time but she didn't cared about the dancing but about what he was gonna explain.

Aonghas was pleased when she took his head and led her out to the dance floor. He took a moment to adjust how they were standing before giving her a little smile. "It wis always ma da's intention that ah take over fae him, family business, family name, family line, it's why am engaged tae katia," he started, choosing his words carefully as he danced with Lauren. Not wanting to say the wrong thing but still wanting to speak plainly, "Apart fae like you, theres nothing fae me here anymore. Whats the point in NEWTs if ah never use them? Ah'm wasting time. So, I'm sticking around till the end of sixth year because by that point ah'll practically be of age and ah can just walk away, marry Katia and focus on what ah need tae," he was sure she wouldn't like this, most people he'd told had been either surprised or disbelieving, but he knew this was the right decision to make, he didn't need NEWTs, he'd be wasting his time with them, so why stick around. Sticking around for Lauren was perhaps all he might do, but he didn't think that was particularly right either. "Ah'm sorry lauren,"

The blonde looked at her friend as they were on the dancefloor. She didn't liked dancing at all. But when he spoke of his decision she frowned. They started to dance an bit. It seemed like his life was already pointed out for him, but did he liked it himself? Lauren asked herself for an moment, if he was even happy like she was not in her family. But she was with his family and they seemed ok. '' I see.. but is it what you want?'' The blonde than asked to him and looked at her feet for an moment. She listened as he continued. She felt sad that he would leave her at the end of this year. Would they ever see eachother again? '' How can your life be fun if it's all mapped out for you? I have no freedom at home.. But I thought it would be different for you.'' Lauren than said. She knew the older brother of Aonghas had chosen his own path, why didn't Aonghas do it? The blonde had liked her time at Hogwarts, because it felt more home than her own. '' I will miss you so much.. Aonghas.'' She than said and sighted, she didn't want to dance anymore so stood still for an moment.

Aonghas gave a shrug, "Aye, ah guess," he said to her. He was picking it, his life had always been pretty mapped out before his brother had left. He knew his family had a whole multitude of its own problems, things unrelated to how things were with Lauren. "It is different, trust me, its different, ah'll be daein' this and then no one else does," Aonghas told her, "We'll see each other plenty and ye can come visit, ah'll need a best man after all," He knew he wouldn't be able to have his brother at his wedding, but he could have lauren there, she was pretty much family. His parents liked Lauren, his brother's son liked Lauren. "Ma hame will always be open tae ye Lauren, ye'll always be able to apparate tae it," He told her sincerely. Aonghas opened his arms to her, wanting for a moment just envelope her in a hug. "Ah'll miss ye tae Lauren,"

Lauren listened and was waiting on his reaction. '' Your not sure?'' she than said shaking her head. She was not convinced. Lauren felt for Aonghas and had never knew this had be expected of him. But it didn't even seemed like he liked stuff, or she just tried to see that. '' I will come visit you ofcourse. But.. I want you to be happy as well. Will you really be happy like this?'' She than asked him and sighted. The best man was something she became an bit emotional from but also the fact that he would leave her. Ofcourse they will see eachother again, but what would his fiance think of that? She didn't knew Katia that good, but she seemed pretty and ok. '' Thanks. I will get some help, so hopefully that will not be neccesary.'' The blonde than told him. She didn't want to dance anymore, she didn't felt like it. '' I'm done dancing. I'm gonna go ok? See you later.'' Lauren saw her dream getting away, there was no way she would have an date next year for the yule ball. And for her Aonghas was her only friend, the only one who understood her and liked her for the way she was. There was nobody like him, and she would lose him next year. The blonde waited for an reaction and left the Great Hall than.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back