Oliver Williams

soft boy • animal & photography enthusiast
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curly 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Ivy Wand with Boomslang Venom Core
Oliver had already been struggling with the idea of magic before he had even gotten to Hogwarts, but with sorting and everything now over and done with he couldn't help but to admit he was struggling even more. Sure, he wasn't going to show it. After all, it wasn't that he didn't enjoy the fact that magic was real, he somehow was a wizard and was now attending this school that was actually a huge castle. No, none of that bothered him. What did bother him was that he had practically no knowledge about it all. Why did he have magic in him when his parents didn't? What did it even mean to be a wizard? And most importantly: what does being a Gryffindor mean? Even in the short amount of time he had spend at the school, the boy had already noticed that some people seemed to value the house they were placed in more than anything. He had seen some kids look awfully disappointed during sorting, whilst others had looked ecstatic. He just didn't get it. So, in order to try and make a little more sense of things Ollie had found his way into the library, hoping to find something that could help him get a clearer picture of life at the school. However, the boy had come to a stop right in the doorway to the library. As with everything in the castle, it was more immense than he could have imagined and the first year immediately felt lost. If only he knew what to look for.

Aisa was surprised by how easy it was to return to Hogwarts. She had grown to know the school a lot over the past year, and had to admit she had missed magic quite a bit when she had been home during the break. Aisa was glad to be back. She wasn't the most social person, but she was still happy to see her classmates and Sully, who she supposed was her friend. On top of that, she looked forward to resuming work for the yearbook, something she had enjoyed a lot last year. It was only the first week back, but Aisa already had some homework. She figured it was best to get it out of the way quickly, so she headed over to the library to get started. Aisa was walking behind a young boy, but bumped into him as he stopped abruptly in front of the door. "Oh, sorry." She said, though she wasn't sure if she should be apologizing. "Everything alright?" Maybe he was lost?

Oliver hadn't even noticed how incredibly in the way he stood, untill someone bumped into him because of it. He slowly turned around, hoping it wasn't some big older kid that was going to get angry at him for it. Luckily it wasn't, and the girl he was now facing was even apologizing to him for something that definitely wasn't her fault. "No, no, no- I'm sorry." He shook his head, smiling slightly at her. When she asked him if he was alright Ollie wasn't quite sure what to respond. He didn't know whether she was just being nice and didn't really want to know, or whether she was genuinely concerned. He probably looked distressed, which made sense because something was wrong, but he didn't want to bother her. She was clearly on her way to doing something. "I-uh, I was going to look for something that could tell me more about this school." He eventually explained, figuring that honesty might be the best thing. If she wasn't interested in helping she'd probably just say so anyways. "But then I got kinda thrown off by the size of this library." The youngster chuckled. "But I- uh, I'll be fine. No worries." He quickly added, not wanting to bother her or guilt her into having to help him or anything like that.

Aisa hadn't thought much would change from her first to her second year, but seeing this kid reminded her of how overwhelming Hogwarts had been at first. And that had been with a sibling to tell her about things, which she knew not everyone had. She shrugged when he apologized, and listened quietly as he explained himself. He seemed kind of nervous about it all, and Aisa tried to give him a reassuring smile to show him she wasn't scary. She wasn't sure if it worked. "Aright, I know it's a bit overwhelming at first. You're smart to go to the library, though." She said, nodding in approval. "There's information about pretty much anything here. Though you can also always ask older students, or prefects. Do you have any family at school?" She asked, though she suspected he didn't.

Ollie hadn't expected the girl to stick around, but something in him was glad she did. Perhaps she could help him out, or even just direct him to the right part of the library. The girl didn't seem all too bothered by his apology and he could only hope that she wasn't going to be mean to him. Not that he expected her to, he just thought he'd better be prepared in case she would. But she wasn't. Instead she smiled at him and the youngster beamed at her when she mentioned things being overwhelming because boy, they were. When she continued speaking the boy made a mental note about the prefect thing. He had been hesitant to ask one of them, but perhaps next time he would be able to talk one of them. "I don't." Ollie shook his head when she asked her if he had any family at the school. "I don't even have any family that's- y'know, like us.." He tried to smile, but in reality the whole ordeal had made him feel rather lonely and he didn't even know which word he needed to use for witches and wizards. Did he just need to call them that? Or was there a more general word? Maybe they liked being called magical folk, who knows?

Aisa was starting to suspect she wouldn't get to her homework soon. It was fine, she had plenty of time. While she wasn't the warmest person, she also couldn't just let some young kid wander around lost. The only reason she hadn't been this way last year had been because Abian hadn't shut up about Hogwarts during any of the breaks. She had practically been able to draw a map of the place before ever setting foot in it. She wasn't surprised when the boy said he had no family at Hogwarts, but felt even more sorry for the boy when he said he had no other magical family. "I'm from a muggle family too." She told him plainly. "There's plenty of kids like us. I just had the luck of being the second in my family, so my brother did all the hard stuff before me and told me all about it." She wondered if she should pat the boy's shoulder comfortingly or something, but it would probably feel fake, so she didn't. "You wanted a book that told you more about the school, right? I can help you find it. I think I know where they are." If not, she could ask a librarian. The boy didn't seem like he would feel confident doing even that. "I'm Aisa." She added. It would be easier to talk to the boy if she knew his name.

Ollie nodded when the girl plainly told him that she was from a muggle family as well and that there were plenty of kids like them. Ofcourse he knew that he wasn't the only one, that would be absurd and they probably wouldn't have been so prepared for it if that would have been the case. Nevertheless, he felt like some of those kids seemed far more okay with everything than others. He wasn't bothered by the fact that he turned out to be a wizard. On the contrary, he actually enjoyed it a lot. The boy just struggled with knowing so little about this world and this school he had been thrown into. "That sounds a lot better than having to figure it out on your own." Ollie softly chuckled, trying to figure out what kind of person the girl was. She seemed friendly, but on the other hand she didn't seem like a very open person so he felt like it would be best to keep his energy toned down. "Yeah, about the school- the houses, things like that." He nodded when she told him she knew where to find them and could help him. "That- that would be nice, but I don't want to keep you from whatever you were doing!" The youngster added, not wanting to be bothering her. Even if she was offering it herself. "I could always, uh, ask a librarian or something. If they have those here?" He asked himself rather than her, before smiling at the girl as she introduced herself. "I'm Oliver. Or Ollie is fine. Whatever you want."

Aisa nodded at the boy's statement. "You're right, I had it easy. Do you have younger siblings?" Aisa was curious if siblings of muggleborn witches or wizards were often magical themselves. When Abian had gone to Hogwarts, Aisa hadn't been sure if she was a witch. The idea of knowing about this world and having her brother go to a magical school without being able to access it herself sounded horrible, and she was glad that hadn't been the case for her. She guessed it had to happen, though. Aisa nodded when the boy said what he was looking for, and started leading him to the right part of the library. She shrugged at his protestations. "I wasn't doing anything important, and it's not that much work to just show you the right way." She told him over her shoulder. "Yeah, there's librarians here too. They'd probably appreciate the chance to help you out, it has to get boring in here between the stuffy books." Aisa couldn't think of a job she'd dislike more at Hogwarts than working at the library. She didn't mind the library, or reading, but having to help kids find books and tell them to be quiet all the time seemed terrible. "Here you go." She said, stopping in front of a shelf with books about the school. "Some of these are about the original Hogwarts in Scotland. But this school is based on that one, so you'd still learn a lot about the houses and stuff."

Oliver shook his head when the girl asked if he had any younger siblings. "Nah, I'm an only child." He had sometimes wished he did have siblings, yet he always felt like an older sibling would be better for him than a younger one. Although it being just him and his parents had never bothered him that much. At least he had his dog. It wasn't the same as a sibling, but she was more than enough for him. "Thanks." Ollie smiled when Aisa started leading him in the right direction, telling him she wasn't doing anything important anyways. "Right?" The youngster chuckled softly. "Who would want to spend so much time being surrounded by books when you could be out doing fun stuff like surfing, or skateboarding or.. I don't know, whatever grown ups like to do." He noticed he was starting to ramble so quickly shut his mouth. Sure, he knew some people liked to read and others enjoyed to study, but being a librarin truly sounded like the most boring job he could think of. Being stuck in a quiet room filled with books. At least it didn't sound like his cup of tea. Ollie had to stop himself from bumping into the girl again when she stopped in front of a shelf. "Great. Thanks!' He brightly smiled at her, before turning his attention to the books on the shelf. Right, where to start..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back