Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual (Len♥)
Wand
13' Applewood Core of Meteorite Dust
Open after Lovi
Chante waved her lit wand right over the old framed mirror that was covered in dust from top to bottom. An antique for sure, it looked like it had belonged in the same year as the register back in the bookstore if she had to guessed. With a bucket of warm water and a cleaning rag, Chante cleared and wiped most of the dust away, afraid she would break through the glass Chante tried not to use too much force. If would defeat the purpose had she not been in careful handling the mirror, the reason to have made this trip towards the fifth floor in the first place. Dropping the rag down into the bucket, the Hufflepuff stepped back and took in what she saw. Mirrors, they were no need of them back home. She didn't know why, but for the most part she relied on her mother's judgement and sometimes of her dad to know she was alright and dressed okay. Chante never asked because they weren't relevant before coming to Hogwrtas, but now as she stand before one it was like meeting a stranger for the first time. Looking herself in the mirror, she couldn't believe what she saw, it was strange to her. Where did the pudginess go? Chante traced one arm then the other. Chante touched her slimmer and firmer face, it's as if someone erased all the bit of chubbiness away. Even her hair was longer and thicker, that part she didn't quite mind. Did she mind the rest? The height and everything, the growth spurt was so sudden, and yet she had expected these to happen. However that may be, Chante felt strange in her own skin.

Kengi Smile knew that his third year was going to be harder than the rest of his years at Hogwarts. He was taking new classes, and he did not know what he was going to do with himself. He had already forgotten the two that he had chosen, but he did not think they were that important to begin with. In an effort to stay organized, he had his father give him a planner. Kengi was going to be on top of it this year. He made that promise to himself. He did not need to go to the bathroom, but he needed a quiet place to organize his planner for an hour or two. It was a bullet journal, so he needed to do everything ahead of time. He walked into the Antiquated Lavatory and saw Chante. "Hey, Chante. Are you doing alright?" he asked as she had a concerned look on her face.

Chante twist to face the one who questioned her, silent filled the space as she didn't know what to tell Kengi, what to say. Her long fingers were a little dirty from cleaning the dusty mirror and her hair, in usual fashion was a little messy going down her back. Not like she used to have it, because apparently the thickness was weighing it down. Again, she didn't mind that so much. Chante recall her mother once telling of her grandfather, Jackson. How Jackson had long, black hair just the same. "Hey....Kengi," Chante quietly greeted her friend. This lavatory was out of service, and she would have asked what brought him up here. She would of, if these insecurities weren't bugging her and affecting her mood. "It's nothing....checking out the mirrors up here..."

Last edited:
Kengi got a bit worried as there was a bit of silence before Chante actually greeted him. Normally, she was ecstatic to talk to Kengi, which he found annoying sometimes. But, he knew there was something up by the tone of her voice and the way she was just standing in front of the mirror. She was just acting strange, and it made him uncomfortable. Kengi enjoyed being around Chante for the most part, and he did not like seeing her like this. She stood close to six feet tall, which he didn't think of considering his uncle was close to seven feet tall. However, Kengi imagined that it must be weird for Chante to be taller than most of her peers. "They may be antiques, but I highly doubt that you find them that interesting. What is wrong?" he asked her sternly. His voice was still going through many phases, but he knew how to make people talk to him. He was an older brother after all.

Chante stood astound, a bit taken back by the firmness in his voice. He was obliviously concern and wanting to know what's troubling her. The thing is, it was still hard to put in words overall what she was feeling. Chante felt strange yes, but there was more to it. "You don't know that.....this is the first time I actually looked in a mirror...sort of," Chante explained to her friend. Her gaze follow up with staring back at the mirror again. The tall girl inhale, deeply sighing as the air out of lungs moved out slowly. Childhood youth was disappearing, melting away right before her eyes. And it was only going to get worst from here, maybe. "Isn't there something different about me, don't I look different to you?" she asked her friend without looking at him directly.

Kengi was a bit confused. She had never looked into a mirror before? That was very strange. Of course Chante had to have seen herself before, especially in the water or in a reflection of something. It just did not seem plausible to Kengi. "I don't think seeing yourself is that important. I mean, you are who you are, right?" he lied smoothly. Kengi did not actually believe in what he was saying, but if it made Chante feel better, he would say anything. At her next question, he shrugged. Yeah, she was taller than most people, but that did not bother him. Kengi was not a person with a a lot of pride. "I think you look how you are intended to look, given your blood and whatever is meant for you in your future." he told her simply. Life was simple to Kengi. There was not much complication when it came to the things in his life.

At first what he said through her off, she had to really think long and hard at his message. "Right..," Chante tried her best to come off as understanding him. "Only, it's not that easy when you're ummm, related to giants and it's what everyone else sees. And I feel and look different," she has seen her reflection, just didn't own a mirror at home. Chante wanted to explain about the mirror, but held back from doing so. "Intended to look? I was hoping for a bit of delay....it's like if you're a child and then you go to bed and the next day you're a grown up. I wanted for it to take some time with me....," Chante instead explained how it all felt, this growth spurt and the disappearance of her pudgy cheeks. "Not happened all at once, y'know?"

Kengi was also having a hard time understanding what Chate was getting at. A part of him simply did not care. He did not think that it was of any importance that she was part giant. It didn't make her any different in his eyes. However, she seemed to be worried about what other people thought of her, which he also did not understand. Kengi could only think of one person that made him feel a bit self conscious. Nevertheless, they did not matter at the moment. The third year was getting a bit frustrated with his friend. She was worrying about things that she couldn't control. "It is okay that you are developing the way that you are. There is nothing weird about. The only thing you should be worried about is if the growing started to hurt or something like that. Only then should you be worried because puberty shouldn't be painful." he said in a bit of an agitated tone. He tried to hide it, but he wasn't doing a very good job.

Picking up his nonverbal cues and the way he said things caused a deep frown to appear on her face. "Y'know, don't pretend like you care, Kengi! It's obvious you don't, and you, YOU, don't understand what I'm going through, nobody does!" Chante shouted, losing her typical friendly nature due to being overwhelmed with emotions and not liking the way one of her friends was talking to her. "You're supposed to be my friend, I guess not. You're always coming off rude, and, AND, whatever! Just forget it and leave me alone, please. I was fine here alone," Chante dramatically spun in place, tears already streaming down her face. She looked at her reflection and quickly wiped away the tears before he spotted them.

Kengi could not believe his ears. Chante was yelling at him! In his mind, he was doing the best he could to understand her without being rude. It was not his fault that her parents decided to reproduce and being her into the world and leaving her to deal with things like this. All Kengi knew right now was that he was fuming. He could not believe that he was being accused of being a bad friend. He was always there for Chante, even when he thought what she was doing was stupid. "I don't understand you because you're a freak, Chante! I'm a normal person with regular blood! I didn't bring you into this world, so you shouldn't be asking me all these questions! Go ask your parents why you're so weird!" he yelled. Kengi did not want to say what he said, but he was angry, and people said things that they didn't mean when they were angry. The boy clutched his planner in his hands, with tears coming in his eyes out of regret of what he just said to someone he genuinely thought was his friend. He then turned and walked out of the Antiquated Lavatory, hoping Chante would not follow him.

Immediate regret took over, followed by hurt and anger. His words were hurtful and ignorant, someone else would've probably hit to hurt back for those words. Chante wouldn't do it, she kinda brought this on herself anyways. Another tear streak down her face, Chante wiped it away using her long sleeve. Moving over to a nearby window, Chante sat on a stone sill for a little while. She left the lavatory to see if she could find Len or Willow up on the seventh floor when loneliness didn't make good company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back