Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Lesbian
Wand
Knotted 11 1/2" Sturdy Acacia Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Mazikeen was going to have fun at this event, as she really liked the yuleball and for Maze it didn’t matter if she didn’t have a partner to spend the ball with. She could always still have the most amount of fun. Dancing was fun, dressing up was fun and she would just have a nice time. Mazikeen had gotten dressed for the event, and headed to the hall. She thought it might be cool to reach out to maybe athena or willow to spend some time with them at this event, but that was only if she spotted them. Mazikeen first got herself a drinking, just taking in the room, taking in how it looked and how beautiful it was, as ever. She spotted a few people that she knew milling about the place. But she decided that she wouldn’t bother them, instead Maze just finished her drink and headed out to the dance floor. She could just easily lose herself in some dancing, in some music. She began dancing and smiling to herself. She could have fun on her own. She had always had fun on her own. There would be time later in the night to spend with others for now, she needed me time.

Adorah tripped into the Great Hall, almost knocking over a decoration that she had first mistaken for a person. "Oops, I'm so sorr-. Oh, it's just a statue." Embarrassed, she placed the decoration back in what she thought was its original location and headed into the Yule Ball. She hadn't attempted to go with anyone or meet any friends, but it seemed to be the place to be this evening. Pushing a strand of hair behind her ear, she made her way towards the dance floor and happened to notice her former big from Heta Omega. She seemed to be dancing but wasn't tonight an evening to socialize. She tiptoed towards the girl and tapped her on the shoulder. "Hi, Mazikeen," she said hesitantly. "You look really pretty tonight."

Mazikeen felt someone tap her on the shoulder and she turned around, greeted with the sight of her first little sister in the heta omega. ”Hey Adorah,” she greeted warmly, opening her arms out to the girl in case she wanted a small hug, ”Thanks, you look really pretty too,” Mazikeen replied with a warm expression, clearly meaning her words to Adorah, ”That colour suits you,” she added with a warm tone. She couldn’t see if the girl was with anyone, but appeared to be alone, ”Are you here alone?” she asked keeping the warm and friendly tone, ”Do you want to dance with your big sister? Former big sister,” Mazikeen asked, she would happily dance with her little sister, or first little sister. It would be a fun way to spend the event. Mazikeen hoped that Adorah’s new big sister was treating her well.

Adorah blushed a tad when Mazikeen complimented her dress. She ran her hands down the floor length frock and brought her right hand back up across her body. She nodded when Mazikeen asked her if she was here alone. "Yes, just me. I thought I might as well check out the party," she said, giving an awkward dance and them embarrassingly pulling her body back to a normal position.. She was never one for big events, but she was trying to break out of her shell this year and try new things. She gave a small nod as Mazikeen suggested their next activity and started to wiggle a smidge to the up beat song that she was playing. How exactly do you do dance? She hoped she could follow Mazikeen's lead and not look like a complete idiot. "So, who is your little this year?" she asked as they began to move.

Mazikeen grinned at her, ”I’m glad you decided to check it out,” Mazikeen told her little with a warm tone, she was of course glad that she had come, the Yuleball was an event for everyone and it could be such fun for anyone who was at it. The girl watched and danced a little more slowly to be able to dance with Adorah, she seemed to not be too sure of what she was doing, but Mazikeen just kept a warm expression on her features and kept dancing, ”Iris van Houten,” the girl replied, ”She’s a Ravenclaw like you, but the year below you. Whose your big this year?” she returned the question. She wasn’t sure who Adorah was paired with this time around but she hoped it was someone fun. Someone who was nice to her and helped her with things. ”How did your first year go?” she added, knowing that they were half way through the girl’s second year, but, she wanted to just know how things had been in general for the girl, even though this conversation was probably suited to standing and talking, she’d just have to put up with dancing while talking.

Adorah listened as Mazikeen told her who her new little was. She had never spoken to Iris, but she supposed her sister knew who she was. They might even be roommates. “My big is Diana Holland. We haven’t really spoken much. Maybe I just lucked out with you,” she said with a small smile while still trying to bob to the beat. Dancing felt such an awkward activity for her. Everyone else seemed to be able to feel the rhythm, but she just felt like she was being drug along by some powerful force that wouldn't let her get grounded. She shrugged when she was asked how her first year was. "It was okay. I kind of slacked off second semester, but I got my grades back up this year. Congratulations on being a Prefect. Do you like doing that?" She was curious how the prefect system worked and wonderful if she would ever be considered for such a high honor. Probably not. No one would ever trust me with something like that.

Maze didn’t really know Diana Holland all that well, she could admit that she hadn’t really ever spoken with the girl and girl wasn’t someone she knew in any way other than the things she had heard about her. Perhaps the sort to be disinterested in being a big sister. But she knew that her current little could maybe say the same about herself. Mazikeen had been so busy with her duties and her classes she knew she hadn’t been the best big sister. She nodded along as she danced and the girl told her about her semester, ”That’s good. If you ever need a study buddy, you can always ask me, I got Es through most of the years, but I can definitely help out in places,” she offered to the girl, just because they weren’t officially little and big sister didn’t mean she didn’t want to help her out. ”Being a prefect is nice! I didn’t think I would get it, so it feels nice to have been trusted with it, to feel like I could do it.” She was honest about it, it was a nice honour and she was trying her best to be good at it but it had been a surprise.

Adorah was a tad surprised that Mazikeen was still interested in helping her out with things like studying. "I'm a pretty good solo studier, but if I need any help, I will definitely let you know. I'm a little worried about picking classes for next year, to be honest." The genuine concern came from the terrifying reality that she had no idea what her career goals were. She wished she had learned more about wizarding jobs in her first year and over the summer. The music had stopped for once, and Adorah was breathing a little heavy. "Could we maybe go over and get a drink?" she asked, pointing to the punch. She started to walk towards the table and hoped Mazikeen would follow her. "I think it's pretty cool that you're a prefect. Do you get any special perks?"

Mazikeen nodded in understanding, she knew that some people studied better alone and others with someone. She nodded at the statement which followed. ”Do you have any ideas for what you’d like to study?” She had gone back and forth a lot on the classes she had wanted to study - other than Care of magical creatures. But the song came to an end and she nodded, ”Yeah, let’s get a drink and you can tell me about what your thinking electives wise,” she told her following behind her as they went to the drinks table. She nodded in agreement, even if she hadn’t been expecting it, it was still rather cool in her mind. ”We have a common room, and it’s interesting to do, patrolling corridors might seem boring but it’s not that bad,” she told her with an honest tone. She didn’t think there were too many perks, but Maze didn’t really need any to be happy doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back