Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! New Years!

Rama Mowry

erica's mommy

OOC First Name
Lovi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
bi (syrus)
Wand
Knotted 11 Inch Unyielding Mahogany Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
A day early for me, but Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone. Happy Hanukkah. Happy Kwanza and every other thing that is celebrated around this time! Soon, it will be the New Year as well!

What are you expecting for presents? Any New Years Resolutions? I don’t have any resolutions this year. I just hope that I have a wonderful time studying abroad in South Korea this coming academic semester.

Everyone else?

Merry Christmas folks! :santa:

Happy Holidays everyone!

Feliz Navidad! Happy Holidays! :wub: :hug:

Merry Christmas everyone! I can't believe I'm up this early after the time I went to sleep, but it was a good day and more traveling and family time today. ^_^

Merry Christmas :party:
What did everyone get?
Earlier in the year my boyfriends brother managed to tear my unicorn pool seat. This Christmas, I got three to make up for it :tut:

I'll have to break it up by person since I can't remember things otherwise.
Boyfriend: A keyblade (Pumpkin head), a boo doll, and a Zelda switch pro controller.
Mother: A baymax throw with my name stitched on it, a Nightmare before Christmas shirt, and a pixel lighted white Link.
Brother and sister-in-law: Nightmare before Christmas pajamas, Axel from Kingdom hearts figurine, Death Note shirt, Sailor Moon shirt, and Triforce Heroes.
Boyfriend's family: 2 really soft throw blankets
Secret Santa from my dad's family: Pikachu lounge pants, Eevee evolution socks and pokemon cards
Dad: An Iron Maiden sweatshirt (heavy metal band from the 70s to present), and a dagger.

So, this year, though I have been laid off from work, has been a really good Christmas. Even when mom's work gave her a huge ham so we got to have a really good dinner.
Except I burned the chicken that went along with it, but there's enough meat to last for a long time still. ^_^ Time with family was definitely the best part. I got to spend it with everyone, even my boyfriend's family.

I got some wine and wine glasses from one sister, so I think that means I'm officially an adult now xD And a lot of other stuff I've been wanting but haven't wanted to buy for myself and some things I didn't know I wanted until I had them in my lap. :p

We don't really do gift exchange in my house anymore... I'm getting too old for that, I think, but I got pj's and a lapis lazuli necklace as well as an amazon gift card which means I can get a book I've been eyeing for a while that my local bookstore can't order for some reason.

My mom bought the perfume I wanted today. :dance:

Christmas was quiet for me but exactly what I wanted, just a day of good food and lounging around and watching Christmas TV ^_^

I asked my family for new bed clothes, pillows etc and am so happy with that - so yeah..I'm nailing this adult thing xD

Lots of Harry Potter and Carrie Hope Fletcher things from David among other things - including tickets for The Importance of Being Ernest at the local theatre with one of my favourite West End/Broadway actresses in it ^_^ (Kerry Ellis).

So yeah, good Christmas :D

Ooh Carrie Hope Fletcher! :woot:

I was given a lot of HP presents too - 3D puzzles, some books, a themesong music box, a few of those wooden build-a-creature things and one of those marauders map coffee mugs that only appears while its heated up.
My Swiss family also came down and brought with them some swiss chocolates and an odd milky carbonated drink which wasn't all that bad?
But I think my favourite present is H.P Lovecraft's Complete Fiction :wub:

Everything else was all very unicorn/rainbow oriented because I'm a stereotype :p

Hope everyone had an amazing Christmas season! Got a lot of books from the Mortal Engines series from my brother which I looked for all through my teens so I'm delighted, perfume, clothes and such made up the othe gifts but I think my favorite part of Christmas is the visiting. We had my aunt and uncle over, visited with all of the seven other siblings in my mother's side, on Stephens Day we did a skirt hike and then last night has the Card Night with all the neighbors and family going to my uncles house. All in all it's been a good Christmas!!

Now with New Year's Eve tomorrow I reckon it's time for some
Resolutions so here goes

-Get home more from college
-STOP BITING MY NAILS!!
- See my friends more often
-Organise myself better re: college work

What are everyone's plans for NYE? I'm headed up to Dublin to a party at my friends' house

Sara Moon said:
-STOP BITING MY NAILS!!
My cure for that would be dipping your fingers into fingernail polish remover.
You can't bite your nails if they taste terrible.

You can if you're determined enough :r xD

But I may have to try that myself, actually

I've started wearing fake nails to stop myself x_x

Professor Kalif Styx said:
Sara Moon said:
-STOP BITING MY NAILS!!
My cure for that would be dipping your fingers into fingernail polish remover.
You can't bite your nails if they taste terrible.

Amber Chou Wilson said:
You can if you're determined enough :r xD

But I may have to try that myself, actually
Yep, you eventually get used to it. :tut: I sort of kicked the habit by keeping my nails painted all the time. I won't bite painted nails, so I'd have to take the time to peel the polish off beforehand and then I'd just paint them again. xD

I think one of my resolutions is to get back on track with saving money. I didn't do so great with that this year, and I've got some trips planned this year so I need spending money!

I've never really been one to make New Years Resolutions, but this year, I want to learn to let go of more stuff, learn to let the past remain in the past and maybe no longer have a nuts sleeping pattern xD

Happy New Year guys :hug:

Also, it's crazy that first footing is no longer really a thing, that would be class new years celebration

Users who are viewing this thread

Back