Meeting the (nicer) family

Chavdar Zhefarovich

Wand
Poisonwood 14 3/4" Core of Basilisk Fang and Ebony 14" Core of Chimera Scale
Chavdar found himself upstairs, after receiving an owl from Nataliia, a sister that he could remember vaguely. Thankfully, the family tree assisted him in seeing her face. She sure did look a lot like him. Chavdar had the twins in the living room, Zinaida tucked in a bed next to her brother Vladimir. Chavdar had yet to completely finish their room, waiting for the paint fumes to leave. He walked down the stairs, and grinned when he stepped into the living room, approaching the twins. Chavdar brushed his lips on both of their sleeping heads, and smiled proudly at them. He was saddened when he realized that Namina and Dorothee would not be around anymore to cherish them. Prodan had dropped by once to see them, but he too had his own children to deal with. Chavdar sat on the couch, and smiled to himself fondly. He was a proud father of two perfect little angels.

I blame Alexis for getting me into this font. xD

Nataliia walked up the porch to Chavdar's home. She was excited about bring Joseph with her. She reassured him, "Don't worry, Joseph. Chavdar is one of the nicer brothers. Not the nicest, but my closest one." Nataliia had to worry about Kalif, the oldest and a Death Eater. But alas, they were not close at all. He was so secluded in his own business, he never meddled with others'. This was relieving. Nataliia approached the door, and released a sigh, "Well, here it goes..." She knocked on the door three times softly. She turned to face him, and she murmured, "Oh, and he doesn't know what you are yet..." Nataliia reached for his hand, and hoped that this would not end up a huge mess. But she naturally assumed that everything would be okay. After all, Chavdar was happy with children. However, she was not too sure on how Rosaline would act upon it. If she was home.

Joe had no idea why or how he had let Nataliia persude him to visit her brother. Didn't she once tell him that if he was to meet him they would have to get the hell out of wherever they were. But Joe trusted Nataliia and if she said it was OK to visit him, he believed her.

As they approached her brothers house Joe's heart was racing at a mile a minute, what had he gotten himself in for. Taking a deep breath he nodded at Nataliia's words, they weren't 100% comforting but they helped somewhat. Joe felt some relieve that Chavdar didn't know he was a muggle, hopefully it would give him a chance to know him. Taking Nataliia's hand Joe waited for Chavdar to open the door.

Chavdar glanced in the direction of the door, and back at the twins, sleeping soundly. He murmured to them, "Sleep soundly, my children." Though they have been asleep for three hours, one would think that they would wake up soon. Standing up to his impressive height, wearing a black shirt and jeans, hair tied back, he approached the door. He appeared intimidating, but his eyes were gentle and full of warmth. He opened the door, and saw his sister, first. He beamed, "Nataliia! So good to see you, and you must be Joseph." He stared at the younger man, for a moment. Chavdar was oblivious to the fact that he was a muggle. Stepping aside, he motioned for them to enter his home. Chavdar warned gently, "The twins are sleeping, so we must speak gently." Chavdar crossed the room, and sat down in the chair, to allow his sister and her boyfriend to sit on the couch.

Nataliia beamed charmingly when Chavdar answered the door. "Chavdar!" She managed to keep her voice at a normal, calm state. She did not need to rise suspicion over Joseph's blood status. Giving Joseph's hand a squeeze, she led them inside, and once doing so, the door closed. She released his hand, and walked over to the couch, where the twins' beds stood in front of. She peered over at them, and she cooed softly, "Oh my goodness, they are so adorable! Precious babies! Chavdar, you and Rosaline make pretty babies." She giggled and took her seat. She absolutely fawned over the little ones. How could she not?

Joe tried to smile, today of all days, it had to try his best to hide his nervousness. He was with Nataliia so that's all that mattered, she wouldn't let anything happen to him. He heard someone at the other side of the door so with one last deep breath he smiled just in time to see a slightly older man who he took to be Chavdar. He nodded his head when Chavdar spoke to him.

He thought it would be best to remain quiet, something which he could pass of as being quiet so he would not disturb the children. He felt Nataliia squeez his hand and he followed her into the house. He smiled at Nataliia as she doted over the two children. They were adorable, as was Nataliia when she was around them. Joe smiled at her affectionately as he took his seat and waited for someone to say something.

Chavdar folded his arms across his chest. As protective as he might be, he was more relaxed than ever. There was something about Joseph that struck him as odd. Chavdar knew that there was no threat to him and his family. Chavdar flicked out his wand, and started some tea in the kitchen. He remained quiet for a moment, and glanced down at the babies to make sure that they were sleeping soundly, before gazing once more at Joseph. "Joseph, this is our first meeting, though I probably would have preferred to have known you sooner." He smirked at Nataliia. "Where did you attend school? And also, how did you manage to meet my sister?" Chavdar put his wand aside, and waited for an answer.

Nataliia stared at them, the cute little pureblood angels from the couch, and remembered their names. Nataliia mused under her breath, "Vladimir and Zinaida..." Nataliia turned to Joseph, and smiled adoringly. She loved babies almost as much as tea. Though her smile faltered slightly when Chavdar flicked his wand, and sighed silently when he was just making tea. She would have to break the news to him sooner or later, and she dreaded his reaction. Nataliia gave her older brother a Look. She laughed, "You were so busy with Rosaline and her pregnancy. And I run a business too." Nataliia bit her lip, and she said quickly, "Schools don't matter, but I would prefer to not speak about how we met. Totally embarrassing!" Nataliia blushed crimson and wondered if Joseph would share that story.

Joe watched Chavdar tentatively as he started to use his wand. Joe didn't have a problem with wands, he had seen Nataliia use hers before, but he was still unsure about Chavdar. He kept telling himself to calm down, Nataliia was there to help things out, if need be. He felt his stomach do an odd jolt when Chavdar started talking to him. Schools, not a good subject he thought to himself, remembering how Nataliia had found out he was a muggle through his school.

He could have kissed Nataliia when she butted it to save his neck, but there would be plenty of time for that. He saw a window of opportunity when their first meeting was brought up. Joe laughed at how Nataliia reacted to it. "It may have been embarrassing to you." he said nudging her lightly. "Your sister isn't very good at using the Floo Network." he explained facing Chavdar, trying to act normal. "She took an unexpected trip to my house one day and after a few other, unexpected meetings, we decided it was best not to tempt fate anymore." he said looking back at Nataliia.

Chavdar laughed softly, and shook his head, "I assume that she popped inside your house. Well, quite the lovely meeting. Wish Rosaline and I had a more unique way of crossing paths. I think that is how we met, crossing paths." Chavdar chuckled and stood up, for the tea was ready. He gazed over at his children, and he glanced at Nataliia, "You better not be planning on having any, not anytime soon." Chavdar smirked, and entered the kitchen. He prepared two cups and brought them into the living room, setting them down on the table next to Joseph. He went back to the kitchen, and got himself a cup as well. Chavdar entered the living room once again, and took a sip of his tea, but did not sit down.

Nataliia gave Joseph a playful look when he nudged her. She put her head upon his shoulder lightly, before moving to gaze at the little ones again. They were so precious! Nataliia blushed again when Chavdar said the last part, her elegant hands covering her face. She murmured, "Oh, he did not go there..." However, the thought of him not knowing that he was a muggle was bothering her. She murmured to Joseph, "I have to tell him. Now." Nataliia waited for him to enter, but held her tongue as he went back to the kitchen. Still hyper as always. When he entered the living room again, and sipped his tea, Nataliia blurted out, "Joseph isn't a wizard." Nataliia bit her lip, and hoped that he would not hate Joseph.

Joe laughed lightly and nodded his head, "It was." he said sweetly kissing the top of Nataliia's head as she put it on his shoulder. He knew then that was no need to be worried, who cares what the rest of Nataliia's family thought, it was just her that he cared about. And if her family was a problem they would run away so they could never find them. Joe felt his body freeze as Chavdar mentioned how Nataliia better not be having an babies. He and Nataliia knew that would never be an option, he didn't like the idea but he knew it was for the best. It almost made him want to laugh how Chavdar would get his wish of his little sister not having any babies.

Joe watched Chavdar go back into the kitchen. He took another breather, so far, so good he told himself. He looked down at Nataliia as she began to talk. It took him a few seconds for her words to register with him, but it was a few seconds too late, before he could argue Chavdar was already back in the room. Joe dared not move his eyes from the teacup which was set in front of him. He held his breath knowing what words were about to be said. And then as if someone had kicked him in the gutt he heard Nataliia say those four words, which from what he knew, could mean live or death for him. He waited to see how Chavdar would react.

Chavdar stared down at Nataliia, and raised an eyebrow. "Joseph isn't a wizard." It repeated over and over in his head. Chavdar inquired, "What do you mean, 'isn't a wizard'? He isn't a giant." Chavdar thought over it. Then it hit him. Joseph was a muggle. Chavdar dropped his cup, it shattering on the floor. Chavdar stammered, "You...brought a...muggle into the..." Chavdar, rather than flicking out his wand and eradicating the filth, stood there in shock. Though his vision blurred, and he fell to the floor with a loud thud! Chavdar had fainted.

Nataliia stifled a laugh when Chavdar said that he wasn't a giant. Nataliia would never fall for a giant. Though she was a little worried when it came to him. She winced when the cup shattered on the floor, and she heard a little whimper from Zinaida. Nataliia's hands flew to her mouth and released a gasp when he fell to the floor. She murmured, "Oh no... I never even heard of Chavdar fainting!" Nataliia turned to face Joseph, and she tenderly put her hand on his cheek, "Better reaction than I thought he would give out... At least you are still alive." She stood up and rushed to Chavdar's side. Where was Rosaline when you needed her? She shook her brother's body, and she laughed, "He's knocked out."

Rosaline had been taking a quick shower as Chavdar put the babies down, once changed into a large sweater and jeans she began walking down to the nursary, to see her sleeping children, but she heard a loud thump then Zinaida whimper and she began running down as quickly as she could. She saw Chavdar on the ground with Nataliia and some man that looked vaguely familiar standing above him. "Oh Chavdar," she whispered softly, gracefully sitting down beside him, and moving his blonde hair out of the face as she asked quietly, "What happened Nataliia?"

Rosaline looked over at the man, and her eyes narrowed on him slightly, then widened as she remembered that he was the mugle that lived beside Gaspard. "What is a... muggle doing here?" she asked in a much colder tone then she usually would adress Nataliia in, but Chavdar was out cold on the ground and she wasn't exactly in the mood for this right now.

Nataliia stroked Chavdar's cheek, and murmured, "Sorry about this all... But you had to know." Nataliia saw Rosaline emerge from the top of the stairs, wondering where she had been the whole time. Nataliia was about to answer her, but she winced slightly when Rosaline's tone got cold. She released a sigh and said, "Actually, the explanation will answer both questions. Rosaline, Joseph is my boyfriend, and I wanted Chavdar to meet him, but couldn't bare hiding the fact that he is a muggle. So I told him. And Chavdar kind of fainted at the news." Nataliia couldn't bare to smile, but she did say in a slightly colder tone, "I love Joseph, and I don't wish him to be harmed. But I also could not stand the fact that I knew his family and he didn't know mine. Though some people will have to stay ignorant. Like father and Kalif." Nataliia doubted that Rosaline would understand her predicament. Who would?

Joe sat frozen to his seat, he didn't know what to say, should he even speak? He was lost in a transe, waiting for something to happen, surely now that Chavdar knew who he was, what he was, he was in for it. He shook himself out of the transe when he heard a spash. He looked up and saw that Chavdar had dropped his teacup and within seconds he was lying among the shards of broken cup. He fainted? Joe moved forward on his seat as Nataliia rushed over to his side. A smile pulling at his lips at her comment. It definately wasn't the reaction he had been expecting.

He looked up when he heard someone coming down the stairs. He saw a woman running in the door and taking a place beside Chavdar, she was familiar but how? Then he remembered the day they moved to the New Zealand house. She was a neighbour and had come to visit, buts that about all he could remember from that day, his memory was a bit fuzzy for some reason. "Hello Rosaline." he said in a bit of a cold tone in responce to her own.

Joe slid of his seat and made his way over to Nataliia as she explained the situation to Rosaline. He placed his arm around her waist. He listened to her speak, hearing it all out in the open really put everything into perspective, how much danger this realionship contained for the both of them, but he always knew how much he didn't care. Nataliia was his life now and that's all he cared about, he couldn't bare to loose her. "Is he going to be OK?" Joe asked softly, not wanting to wake the babies.

Rosaline looked back down to Chavdar as Nataliia explained what had happened. "Don't share a word of this to Asparuh or Arnost," she said looking back up at the blonde woman. She smiled over at Joseph, almost approvingly at him, thinking back to Vaschel and the position they both had been in and how many times he could have left because how stressful their situation was, and admired Joseph for doing the same thing. "Joseph, you must be very careful," she said sweetly. If they didn't know about her past it could seem like she was bipolar, but she remembered being in the position that Nataliia was in, of course her husband had been a mudblood instead of a full blown muggle.

Roasline looked down at Chavdar once more and kissed his forehead softly, "He will be. Because if he leaves me with four children he'll have another thing coming, dead or alive." She chuckled to herself, asmused at her own joke. "You really should have eased him into that Nataliia. Or told me first. I know how to handle these things," she said while she softly rubbed the father to her babies' shoulder affectionately.

Nataliia nodded, "Trust me, I won't. I'm not saying anything to Kalif either." Everything must be a secret... She sighed in her mind. In the future, she wanted to be married, have children, but when the risk of Joseph's life, then she wouldn't. She smiled sweetly when Joseph put his arm around her waist. Nataliia murmured, "Four children. Wow, twins, Hadan, and Avrille. I did remember her name right...right?" Nataliia hoped that one day, she would see Hadan happier, because she had read her history, and it was tragic. Nataliia bit her lip and smiled sheepishly, "Um, I guess blurting it out randomly wasn't the best idea. At least Chavdar didn't throw any spells."

Chavdar was in a world of black, until he heard voices. Three of them. Groaning, he opened his eyes, and glanced around, his blurred vision becoming clearer and clearer. He could feel Rosaline's hand upon his shoulder, and he grumbled as he sat up. Chavdar gazed around, and his eyes fell on Joseph. He glared at him, before closing his eyes and putting a large hand to his head. Chavdar muttered, "I wish I didn't have such a drama filled family..." He remained sitting, and he glanced over at Rosaline. He murmured sweetly, "Hey there..." Chavdar then eyed Joseph. He released a sigh, "At least I know you won't be torturing my sister... And she has the upper hand in everything." Though how many hidden insults and messages that contained, he managed to make it sound pleasant.

Rosaline nodded her head softly as Nataliia asked her if Avrille's name was indeed Avrille. She looked down at Chavdar as she heard him groan and gave him a soft smile, softly helping him up when he began adjusting himself to sitting position. She gently wrapped her arms around his middle and rested her chin on his shoulder as he spoke to Joseph. "Chavdar," she scolded slightly, knowing the hidden insults plainly and not at all appreciating them. "There is nothing wrong with blood integration, although, I still don't understand muggles," she said, murmuring the last part to herself more then anything.

"Are you okay Chav? Gave me quite a fright," Rosaline breathed, kissing his temple softly, her tone of voice was airy and soft because she knew that his head must be pounding heavily. She scanned back to Nataliia and Joseph and smiled to herself, they were quite the cute couple now that she had gotten over the initial fact that there was a muggle in her, clearly wizarding world, home.

Joe gave Rosaline a small smile, he was grateful for her words. Of course they were words which were all too true for him and he knew them well. Joe felt the mood lightening slightly he gave a few light chuckles as the two woman talked. It all seemed a bit sureal to Joe, here he was, knelling over his girlfriends brother as he lay unconsious after finding out about him. He always thought that it would be kept secret form Nataliia's family, so this was a bit much for him.

He looked down with a shock as he heard Chavdar begining to groan and stir, here it comes he braced himself for the worst possible. He was pleasantly surprised at Chavdar's words, because that's all they were just words, nothing that could hurt him, physically at least. He gave another grateful smile to Rosaline, she had definately changed her tone a lot from a few minutes ago. Joe got up and chuckled lightly, "I think you gave us all a fright." he said, stretching out his arm to Chavdar, it was a bold move, but he was trying to remain on his somewhat good side.

Chavdar glanced at Rosaline, and heard her scold at him. He frowned slightly, and whispered in Bulgarian, "I'm not used to the idea of having a muggle in the house. The last time the family had one, he was killed and so was his pureblood wife! Last thing I want is family to be harmed." Chavdar gave her a forlorn look, and hoped that in any way, Asparuh or Arnost would not discover Joseph. That would put Nataliia in harm's way, as well as their family. But then again, nothing would happen if Asparuh or Arnost were too busy to handle the situation, unless they hired Kalif or some lone Death Eater to do the job. Chavdar sighed, and managed to get off his feet, blatantly ignoring Joseph's help. Chavdar would have refused help from anyone anyhow. It was just the person he was, a Zhefarovich trait. He extended his hand to assist Rosaline. Chavdar turned to Joseph, and he said seriously, "If she is harmed out of this relationship, then the consequences are dire."

Nataliia rolled her eyes at her brother's hidden messages. But she knew Joseph wouldn't be offended by them. Chavdar was not the type to shoot spells out randomly, especially when he had children sleeping soundly in the living room. Nataliia murmured, "Don't be like that, Chavdar." She stood up next to Joseph, and frowned slightly when he extended his arm to assist Chavdar up. Joseph was bold, and that was one of the many qualities than she loved about him. Nataliia laughed warmly, "You really did scare us, Chavdar. That was a reaction I never expected you to have. Yelling, maybe... Shrugging it off... But not fainting." Nataliia folded her arms across her chest, and waited for Chavdar to stand up.

Dang it, posted it backward. Um, Nat's is before Chav's now. :p

Chavdar's words stung deep in Rosaline's chest. Of course she knew that he was looking out for Nataliia but that could be said to the woman in private, not in front of the mudcrawler. "I know. I know," Rosaline whispered softly, also in Bulgarian, looking protectively over at her babies. She would have no problem should either decide to end up with a mudblood or muggle, but for their protection, she wasn't sure if she could let that happen. At Nataliia's words, she responded, "Neither Chavdar and I are at our full strength, due to sleep deprevation." She was very appreciative that when the babies woke up for their midnight feeding, he would help with Zinaida who would just not fall asleep in her arms, and would cry more then anything else.

It still hurt that Zinaida cried or felt discomfort every time Rosaline held her, but she hid it, and let her little boy revel in affection from her. She offered Chavdar a sweet smile, as she accepted his hand, and stood up gracefully. She listened to the warning laid out, and nodded firmly along with it, in complete agreeance. Rosaline and Nataliia weren't prefectly close, but they were family, she cared for the girl and to see her being lost because some mudcrawler was dating her, well she would completely support Chavdar's actions. "If anyone in harmed, actually," she piped in. She knew that she shouldn't have said anything, but if Nataliia was in jeperady, so was Chavdar, and more over her twins, and she would just not have that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back