Maybe Random and Maybe Not Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna-Jo Worth

OOC First Name
Steph
Sexual Orientation
Any type
I was just thinking how I wished there was a way to search for characters by their age. While at school it's rather easy since you can look up the year you want and search that way. But once they've graduated it becomes a bit harder to find people your character's age or around it. Which yes could be sorted by posting in the Plots Request form so this is why I said in the title it might not be needed. I think it's just a bit useful when maybe you don't want a full request out there and want to start up something for a character with someone their age just so you can have what's going on in their life in the plot.

Anyways take it or leave it I thought I would just mention it while I'm thinking about it. Also I don't have any idea if it's be possible to have it in the members search section with coding and such. So, suggestion over.

Steph out! :)

Hey Steph,

We like the idea, and think it could be useful - the trouble is it can't really be implemented. I could try to keep track of character's birthdays via a code, but this would only update as each person edited their profile again and would be pretty onerous to supply redundant information to our server.
Instead, I've abused my position on the ZetaBoards support forum to make an internal feature suggestion that the members page should have a way to search for users based on custom profile fields in the software (like our age field). There's no way to tell when/if this will ever be done, though.

In the interim, one way to look for other characters that are the same age as your adult character is the Graduation list - and for people to add even their adult character's graduation dates to that list for each other. :)

Best,

Nick

That's actually what I was thinking but I'm terrible at explaining having it come up on the member search page :p

Thanks for putting it in at the ZetaBoards support forum! Hopefully something will happen at somepoint for it, otherwise you're right best way would be to search the graduation list :)

Thanks Nick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back