Making It Official

Brodie Summers

OOC First Name
Sammy
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Ash Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Brodie was happy to be back from the holidays and back at school for once. He was starting to hate being with his grandparents and uncle. There was never anything to do there except read books and torment the house elves. Sure picking on the house elves was fun every once and a while but he felt bad after a bit. They were just there to take care of the house and the people inside. Ugh he was starting to sound like a hufflepuff. Merlin Derrik must have rubbed off on me he thought reminding himself to make the next person's life who got in his way hell. Brodie made his way through the crowds trying to get through to the courtyard where he and Aeon had agreed to meet. Brodie had to admit he was excited to see Aeon again after Yule Ball.

Brodie finally pushed and shoved his way into the courtyard and sat down on one of the marble benches with his hands in his lap. Brodie looked down to check that his blue button downed shirt didn't have any stains on it from someone in the hallway. Luckily it didn't, and neither did his black pants. Brodie started looking anyone else who also happened to be in the courtyard during lunch, most seemed to be doing homework or just hanging out. Brodie began to get nervous with every minute he waited, what if Aeon didn't show up after all?

Aeon weaved through the students on his way to the courtyard to meet with Brodie, who he hadn't seen since before the Holidays, just after the Yule Ball. "Prefect, coming through. Make way." Aeon muttered, trying his best to get through the bunches of kids who all clustered together and made it impossible to get to places. In response they split apart, making an easy path for the Gryffindor boy to get through. As he walked, he heard snippets of conversation, mostly about how people's holidays had been. Aeon's in question, had sucked. His parents had gotten a divorce, so now he would have to live in separate houses. It wasn't a surprise that they'd left each other, his Mum and Dad had been fighting a lot for a while now, and whatever love they'd once had for each other was long gone. Still, it was disappointing and very upsetting. He'd also found out that his mother was the new Charms professor for fourth years and above. Having a parent teaching at the school just didn't appeal to him.

Aeon caught site of Brodie sitting on a marble bench close by, or at least he thought it was Brodie, he could only see the back of him through the sea of students. He went around until he could clearly see the sitting boy's face, confirming who it was. "Hey, Brodie!" He said cheerfully, sitting down next to the Slytherin.

Brodie heard Aeon before he saw him, but he didn't want to seem to excited so he just sat there waiting. Finally Aeon sat down beside Brodie and he was allowed to look at him. He had forgotten how good looking Aeon was after being away for Christmas. "Hey Aeon" Brodie said a grin breaking out across his face. "How was your Christmas?" Brodie asked trying to keep a conversation going so he wouldn't do anything that would make the situation awkward. Brodie knew he and Aeon had only known each other for a few weeks but he really liked Aeon. Hopefully he feels the same way... I don't want another Derrik incident Brodie thought remembering all the time he had wasted being depressed over the stupid Hufflepuff. You won't let that happen to yourself again. You are strong. Brodie encouraged himself. He was feeling less then nervous though because of Yule Ball. Aeon had kissed him back, and then they had spent the rest of the evening together afterwards.

Aeon's first reaction was to groan when he was asked how his Christmas was. "Let's just say, I've had better." He said, then sighed. "My parents got a divorce and I'll soon have to spend my holidays going between two houses. Not to mention the fact I got hardly any presents, though I did get this really cool thing from my grandmother, Eustacia. She always sends me weird things every birthday and Christmas. My grandfather was an inventor so all his inventions were left to her when he died, but I don't think she likes them so she gives them to me and Sern, but Sern doesn't like them either so he gives them to me. Anyway, it was this pole-staff thing with a kind of sphere at the top made out of metal, and has all these lenses around it. On the handle there's these buttons that make light shine from any of the lenses, and a few others that can change it's colour and create patterns, like a disco ball, I guess." The boy spoke animatedly, constantly gesturing with his hands as he talked. After a moment he realised he was talking to much, which he tended to do quite a lot, especially in subjects he was interested in.

"So, enough about my holidays, what about yours? Anything exciting happen?" He asked, smiling widely. "Then we can talk about the reason we're both here, about, well, us."

Brodie listened intently to Aeon as he began to talk about his holidays. When he said his parents had gotten a divorce Brodie put a comforting hand on Aeon's shoulder. Although Brodie had to roll his eyes when Aeon said he hardly got any presents. After his parents divorce Brodie would have thought that would have been the last thing on his mind. Although Brodie wasn't a person who really cared about possessions. "Whats a disco ball?" Brodie asked confused by Aeon's description of his grandmothers gift. Brodie came from a wizarding family so naturally he had no idea what on the world a disco ball was. It sounded weird though. Why the hell would muggles needs some ball made out of metal that made light? He doubted they used it as a normal source for light. His mother had lived long enough to start studying muggle devices, and try to teach him about them. Brodie had wanted nothing to do with it but the light bulb had somehow manage to stick out in his mind as useful.

Brodie sighed when Aeon asked about his Christmas. Oh it was wonderful. His uncle coming home with a different 'model' every night, his grandparents coming over on Christmas to once again tell him he had better man up a little if he wanted to be a death eater one day. Oh they would just love it if he told them he liked boys. "No nothing" Brodie replied shortly after his sigh. Brodie's face blushed bright red when Aeon said that he wanted to talk about them. Brodie had been hoping that they wouldn't have to talk about this, that somehow it would just sort of work out. "What do you mean you want to talk about us?" Brodie muttered.

Aeon had to bite back laughter when Brodie asked him what a disco ball was, but immediately realized that some people didn't grow up spending time among muggles at some point in their life. They weren't really that interesting anyway, and it was dangerous for young wizarding children to be around them, like Aeon had, especially with magic being so closely tied to emotions, and uncontrollable as a youngster. "A disco ball is..well, it's like a ball. Obviously, but most usually have small squares all over them with shiny reflective surfaces that reflects light off it and spins so that light moves around it. Kind of. I'm finding it hard to explain. Others are usually a ball with glass circles on them and a light inside, and it spins around and shines the beams onto things. Something like that, anyway." He explained, albeit with not much success.

However, Aeon didn't elaborate much more on the muggle device's description when he saw Brodie blush at the question about them. "What do I mean? Well, for starters, we kissed at the Yule Ball. Not just once, either. So, I want to know where this is going." The Gryffindor boy smiled at the Slytherin, though his eyes showed his seriousness towards the situation.

Brodie frowned when Aeon looked like he was about to laugh. What was so funny about not knowing about some muggle object? The more Aeon described the disco ball the more Brodie was glad he didn't know anything about them. It sounded extremely ridiculous. "That sounds extremely stupid" Brodie commented. "Why would muggles want a bunch of tiny lights instead of one normal one?" Brodie asked not really looking for an answer. Muggles had never made sense to Brodie, not that he tried very to understand them. Brodie was relieved when Aeon stopped talking about the disco ball and moved onto the subject they both wanted to talk about. "I'm very well aware of what went on at Yule Ball, I was there you know." Brodie replied sarcastically. He however didn't want to screw this up so he took the smirk off his face and looked over at Aeon. "I honestly have no idea where this is going, but I do know that I want it to go somewhere" Brodie said placing his hand on top of Aeon's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back