OOC First Name
Zach
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Slytherin. How in the world had Jace ended up in Slytherin? Of all the houses, he had to end up in the one with the most negative of stigmas associated with it! With an outward groan he pushed the thoughts aside and continued running through the halls until his eyes settled onto a familiar face. “Padme!” He yelled, coming to a stop in front of her. “Hey!” He said with a grin on his face. He had been super excited to find her after the sorting ceremony but they had been whisked away to their classes so quickly! He had been looking forward to seeing her ever since they had parted ways before the semester so he could prove that he was too going to Hogwarts and confirm his own suspicions that she too was attending, she had been deliberately vague about whether or not she was attending! "I knew you'd be here! Congrats on Hufflepuff!" He said with a smile.

Padme wasn’t entirely sure what to make of her sorting, she was happy of course, a house which from what she had read was about being hard working and being nice, that was the sort of place she could enjoy having ended up in. She was disappointed that she hadn’t ended up in Gryffindor with her brother, but she was also a little pleased about it. Padme had always existed a little in his shadow, experienced much the same as he had, though to a much lesser extent. She had seen him about the school already, even though they had just arrived and she’d finished up seeing the accio room that he had wanted to show her and was heading up to the common room when she heard a voice, someone was running up to her, Jace. She let a little smile cross her lips, for a little moment. She knew they weren’t in the same house, but she was a little pleased to see him. Padme wasn’t still sure what to make of him, he seemed nice, he’d been kind and friendly towards her, despite the fact that she hadn’t been that towards him. Maybe since they were now at school together she could trust him a little more. So far he hadn’t really given her any reason not to, ”Thanks,” the girl responded shyly, she remembered from the ceremony that he had been put into slytherin, ”Congratulations on Slytherin Jace,” Padme returned with a little shy smile. SHe didn’t know if she should say anything more, perhaps he just wanted to congratulate her and leave, so she moved a little to give him the space to go if he wanted to.

Jace smiled when she greeted him, but frowned a little when she stepped out of the way. "I was looking for you! Let's do something!" He said with a grin, he was excited that he already had a friend, and was keen to solidify that friendship. He didn't know a lot about the castle yet, but he was very excited to 'kidnap' his new friend and drag her through the castle on a crazy adventure or two and discover a bunch of things. "Do you wanna go exploring?" He asked, unsure if she would actually want to or not, but he hoped so! "Oh, and thanks! I kinda wanted to be in Hufflepuff too but I guess Slytherin is fine, just don't go thinking I'm evil or something!" He said with a weak chuckle, he knew Slytherin was where all of the evil meanies go but he didn't want people to think of him as one too.

Padme was very surprised and did nothing to hide the surprise and confusion which crossed her features. He’d been looking for her? She had honestly believed that he’d have his own friends by this point, this in her mind would’ve just been a little short conversation and then he’d be away. It seemed like it really wasn’t, he actually, actively wanted to spend time with her. She wasn’t sure she could trust it, what if this was just some massive ploy, but she couldn’t deny how tempting it was to explore the castle with him, to find out where things were, she wasn’t sure she’d manage entirely on her own and the girl could only pester her brother so much. ”Okay,” she replied with a shy little nod, maybe Jace was just the sort of a person who wanted to hang out, who actually wanted to be her friend. She wondered why he hadn’t gotten into hufflepuff if that was what he wanted, and he seemed nice enough. She wasn’t sure how much to believe the notion of slytherins being evil, in her experiences anyone could be mean, ”I won’t,” Padme assured him with a little shy smile. She wasn’t sure if she could really trust him, but so far he had given her no reason to not at least try. She waited for him to lead the way on where they’d be heading.

Jace grinned and reached out for Padme's hand and gently pulled her into a run. "Let's go!" He said, returning her shy little smile with a big grin. Oh, they were going to have some fun together and at the end of the day he was pretty sure that the two of them were going to be good friends at the very least! He probably wasn't going to give her a choice in the matter either way, as far as he was concerned the two of them were going to be the best of friends! As they ran he pointed to a bunch of things that he thought was cool and eventually he stopped at a big statue. "Who do you think this is?" He asked her. He was having a great time and he hoped he hadn't hurt her at all.

Padme was a little surprised when he reached out for her hand and began gently pulling her into a run, following in behind the boy. He felt a little smile grace her features but she pulled her hand out of his. She didn’t necessarily trust it very much, trust him very much and she could easily just follow, she would just follow. They eventually stopped at a statue and Padme looked at it with a curious air. She took a few steps towards it. They’d seen a lot on their small fly by, but she was curious about this statue they had stopped at, ”I don’t know,” the girl looked at Jace as she spoke before looking back at the statue, ”Maybe it’s Merlin?” she had glanced at a few of her books and spotted that name in amongst the rest, perhaps it was something like that. Merlin had gone to the other school, but maybe it was still a big thing for the school here too. ”Or maybe it’s a former head master,” the girl suggested, she looked back at him and hoped that he didn’t mind her suggestion, she liked Jace, she hoped they could be friends and was trying to be wary of saying anything that could affect that. ”What do you think?”

Jace smiled as the two of them ran, and promptly let go of her hand when he felt her trying to withdraw it from her own. He was more than happy to respect her personal space, and grinned at her as the two of them ran, just ignoring everyone else as they passed them. He shrugged when she offered suggestions for the statue, he honestly had no idea either. It was only their first day after all! There was still so much for the time of them to learn both inside and outside of the classroom. "You're right, it's probably just some former Headmaster!" He told her with a grin. "Isn't this place great?" He asked her. "Do we have any classes together? I know we have flying, but is that all?" He asked with an inquisitive look.

Padme looked at the boy and gave a little smile. She was glad that he agreed with what she had suggested about who it was. A former headmaster of some kind. She nodded shyly in response, but her gaze lingered on the statue. She didn’t know how many classes they would have together, but she knew eventually they’d have other classes together, but she knew the other class they would share at least in this semester, ”We’ve got History of magic as well,” the girl told him with a little smile, she didn’t want to ask but thought it would be nice to have someone to sit with during that class. She wasn’t sure how much of it would be difficult but she felt nervous about coming into a class knowing nothing about the magic world, though excited to learn new things, Padme was very nervous about having to learn so much from complete scratch. Perhaps having one person she could sit with would be good. ”At least in the first semester, in the second we have potions,” Padme was a little embarrassed she hadn’t memorised what classes they would share more what classes she had and when. She also didn’t want to ask if they could sit together in those classes they shared but she really wanted to.

Jace looked at Padme with awe, "Wow, you should have been in Ravenclaw! I have no idea what classes I even have without looking at the schedule." He said, a little embarassed to admit it but he had a good feeling that Padme wouldn't judge him for it.. he hoped so anyway, but he trusted her enough to think otherwise. He grinned, "You can sit with me in those classes!" He said, and then adding, "If you want to anyway! It'd be cool!" He told her with a shy smile. He didn't want to accidentally scare her off by making wild assumptions, it may even be possible that she didn't even like him and had just come along because she felt bad for him. He pushed those thoughts away and before she had a chance to reply he started running again. "Let's go!" He said with a grin, and they eventually stopped in front of a cool tapestry. "Hey, look! How cool! What do you think this is?" He asked her.

Padme felt herself blush at his words. She ducked her head a little and just let herself look at the ground between them. Padme tucked a few strands of hair behind her ear shyly. She looked back up and let a little smile cross her face. He wanted to sit with her? Without her needing to ask. He seemed to actually want to spend more time with her, despite how she had been towards him when they’d first met, ”Are you sure you’d want that?” the girl asked, just wanting to be sure that he would actually want that before she agreed to it, ”I want to though,” the girl quickly added, wanting to be sure that though she was a little tentative about it, it was largely because of the fact that she half thought that he didn’t actually want to. There was no time for that really before he started running again and she made sure to race after him. Eventually stopping in front of a tapestry. The girl looked up at it and couldn’t think of what it was, but it was beautiful. ”It’s amazing,” the girl exclaimed soflty, ”I don’t know what it is, do you know?”

Jace grinned brightly when they had come to a stop. "Of course I want that! We're friends, silly! That means we gotta stick together!" He said with a smile on his face, and blushed a little when she confirmed that she would want to sit next to him. He began examining the tapestry, wondering what it really was and not wanting to say that he had absolutely no idea. Next thing he knew he was falling through it and into another room however and he let out an audible scream and a gasp of pain as he fell hard onto the floor. Recovering, he stood up and took a look around. "Come in here Padme!" He called out, the excitement evident in his voice, he was bleeding slightly on the side of his head where it had hit the ground but he didn't notice as he searched around the room.

Padme couldn’t help her surprise when he said they were friends. Her first friend and he’d been the one to say it. Oh how it had warmed her heart to hear him say that, she had a friend. She had a friend. Jace was her friend. She was so happy to have met him. Padme tried to focus on what he was doing and saying, but was a little wrapped up in the word friend and the fact she had one. She was startled when she heard him scream and gasp in pain. She rushed to where he was, and noted the blood coming from the side of his head, ”Jace!” she exclaimed and she rushed over to him, already searching her pockets for a spare and unused tissue to use. She did find one, and looked at him, ”Hold still, let me wipe some of that blood away, if it’s bad, we’re going to the nurse,” she told him as she softly applied the tissue to the blood and pressed down, hoping to halt the flow of it. Hopeful that it wasn’t too bad and that he was okay. Her first friend and he was already hurt. At the very least the years with her brother and her own experience in school made her pretty good at knowing when things were good or bad.

Jace was a little taken aback when she began fussing over him, he hadn't even noticed that there was anything wrong with him! He touched his hand to the top of his head where she was fussing over him and he felt a small pain but he didn't think it was too bad. "It hurts a bit but it's not too bad!" He said with his best attempt at a grin but he was still a little sore so it was a bit of a half grin. He was happy to see that she did indeed care about him and maybe that meant she was interested in being friends as much as he was. "We can go if you want but I'm sure I'll be fine!" He told her with a shrug.

Padme was pleased when he let her just see how it was, and couldn’t help the little eyeroll when the boy suddenly registered the pain, ”Hold still,” she pushed the tissue against the cut and waited a few moments before pulling it away and giving the area a little wipe clean. She had helped herself and her brother on a few occasions stemming blood flow from little cuts and other such things. Padme peered at it as he spoke again. She shook her head, ”I think it’s okay, it’s not too deep, blood’s practically already stopped,” the girl said she looked at him with a concerned frown, ”You should be more careful Jace, can’t have you getting hurt,” Padme didn’t want to lose her first ever friend because he fell over and bled out, or fell over and got an infected cut. ”Just make sure you clean it tonight,” she told him with a certain level of severity. She knew he probably thought this annoying and she half hated that she was saying it, but Padme just wanted to make sure her first ever possible friend was safe.

Jace rolled his eyes at her slightly. "I'm tough!" He said, and gave her a small hug. "Thanks though! Looks like I made a good choice in making you my friend!" He said with a large smile. He could feel the pain now, but he didn't want her to be fussing over him any more than she already was, but at the same time he was more than happy that she at least cared about him. He got up and continued looking around the room as he was back to being interested in what he had stumbled upon and ignored the pain in his head. "Why do you think it was covered up?" He asked her.

Padme rolled her own eyes at him a little, ”Sure,” she retorted but the word died in her throat, when he gave her a hug. That had been unexpected and she felt near frozen in the spot. She knew friends hugged, but it was so expected and nice that she could understand why friends hugged. Padme’s hugs were restricted to her family, her brother and sister, her parents. She’d never been hugged by a….friend. They were friends. He’d said so himself, twice now. A wide smile broke into her features. She had a proper friend. ”For first years to find?” she got to her feet and looked around the room. She knew that the school was magical in so many ways, maybe it just also had places in the school that they were supposed to question too much. ”Rooms in my old school that didn’t have clear or easy access were just used for storage,” Padme added with a little shrug, looking back towards Jace wondering if he had anything better to add about it.

Jace raised an eyebrow when she mentioned that it could possibly be there for first years to find, that would be super cool! This school was enormous and there was probably heaps for them to find! "We better get started in searching the rest of the castle then!!" He said with a huge smile slowly spreading across his face. He didn't know if she would want to go through the whole castle with him, and he looked outside and saw it was starting to get dark so they would probably have to go back to their common rooms soon. He frowned at the thought. "I've been dragging you around all day, do you wanna go anywhere? We probably have to stop exploring soon though since it's getting dark!" He asked with a frown.

Padme smiled at him, and nodded lightly. She didn’t think this was him dragging her about all day, she had in fact had a lot of fun. ”You haven’t been dragging me,” of course he had quite literally been dragging her but it wasn’t like she hadn’t wanted to go too. She was pleased to spend time with him, especially given that they were friends. She smiled at her, ”Maybe we could get some dinner?” Padme smiled a little at him. She had been having fun with him during this day, it would be good to then also spend some time with him. They would be to spend a little more time with him, since they couldn’t go back to the same dorm. ”I’m sure dinner’s still happening?” the girl offered with a little smile. She hoped that they would be able to some time just hanging out a little more, they’d have to eventually call it a day but it she would happily spend as much time with him as she could. They were friends after all that was what friend did!

Jace grinned at his newfound friend, "I love food!" He said without hesitation and took her hand again, pulling her gently into a run before letting go of it soon after. "I really hope dinner is still going!" He said with a huge smile on his face. If dinner wasn't open maybe they could find somewhere else to eat, there had to be some kitchens somewhere in this place that they could go to. But he was pretty happy with the day the other of them had had, they had pretty much solidified their friendship and she seemed happy to be his friend and he was more than happy to have her as his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back