OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Katy had loved her costume idea in theory. The drama of descending the stairs into the Great Hall, dripping wet, skin blue with make-up had been great. Now though, Katy was starting to feel the chill and it was getting old having to carefully step over puddles every time she stood still for too long. Still, she liked to thing it was worth it, even if she'd been somewhat forced into making a slow lap around the hall to warm up (and prevent too many puddles).

The hall looked amazing though, Katy had to give the kiwi's some credit. It was nothing compared to some the Halloween parties she'd seen back home, especially considering it was currently Spring, which was just all kinds of wrong, but Katy was still digging the atmosphere, already planning on having to hit up the mirror maze at some point. She was briefly distracted though when her sneakers slipped again from the constant stream of water slowly dripping off her clothes and barely muffled the curse as she tried to regain her footing.

Emilia knew she should be over Derek by now, and for the most part she was... but she still missed having someone to do matching costumes with. Though there was something freeing about picking what she would wear all on her own too. Her costume was fairly simple, nothing that would stand out, but that was how she liked it. She would just enjoy the party, hopefully with a few of her friends. Everything would be fine, and she would have a distraction from what was going on with Athena.

Emilia tried her best scan the room without seeing Derek or Athena, glancing away whenever she spotted someone who looked like them. She looked away as she moved closer to one of the snack tables, and didn't notice the water on the floor until her heel slipped in it, making her yelp in alarm. "Oh!" She said, grabbing the first thing nearby, which happened to be a girl, as well as clearly the source of all the water who also seemed to be having trouble staying steady. Emilia pulled away again from the girl's clammy clothes, wiping her hands on her skirt. "Sorry." She said, "but... why are you wet? You're dripping everywhere." She said with a slight frown. "Did someone pull a prank on you?"

Katy had nearly steadied herself back out again when she felt a hand grip her, feeling her feet skid again as both her and the other person scrambled for a moment before pulling away. "No no, my bad, sorry," She said with a laugh, checking to make sure the girl was okay. She was cute in her costume and Katy felt kinda bad they'd both nearly eaten dirt just now. "Oh no, I did this to myself. It's my costume, see," She said, somewhat unnecessarily spreading her arms to let more water run off her clothes. "I'm Ophelia, you know, she like, drowned.. It seemed like a cool idea while I was working on it, but I think it's a bit of a hazard now," Katy admitted sheepishly. She loved her costume, but admittedly, she could have planned this better. "Oh, I'm Katy, for the record, not actually Ophelia, well tonight I'm Ophelia. You get it. We have some classes together right?" Katy said, grinning even as she internally screamed at herself to get it together. If anyone asked she was going to say the water was what had her off balance, nothing else.

Allison and Stanis had planned this evening perfectly. She ran into the first group they saw, dancing around them ridiculously and singing at the top of her lungs. "Baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo, Mommy shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo, Daddy shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo, Grandma shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo,
Grandpa shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo, Let's go hunt, doo doo doo doo doo doo, Run away!"
She waved her shark arms over her head as she ran away from the group as fast as she could considering she could barely see.

They had planned this evening a week ago when the notice of the feast was put up the bulletin board. If all would go well then this would definitely be the most fun he would've had at the school so far. Stanislaw followed his friend into the first group of the evening and started to dance around them as ridiculously as was humanly possible, loudly singing, "Baby shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo, Mommy shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo, Daddy shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo, Grandma shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo, Grandpa shark, doo doo doo doo doo doo, Let's go hunt, doo doo doo doo doo doo!'' On Allie's cue, the boy waved his shark arms awkwardly over his head and ran off before the group could ever realise what in God's name just happened.

Emilia was glad neither of them had fallen, but she made sure to step around the puddles carefully now. Which was fairly difficult while talking to this girl. She was confused whens he said it was on purpose, thoughts he did understand the costume. "Oh, right." She said, smiling a little. "Shakespeare, right?" She asked, just to make sure. "But... isn't it uncomfortable? It seems like it would be cold." She said, frowning a little as she looked her over, sort of wishing she had a jacket to offer her. "Oh, hello Katy. I'm Emilia. Are you a transfer student?" She asked, looking at her curiously. "Which year are you in? And which house?" She smiled shyly. "Sorry, I'm asking a lot of questions." She gasped in surprise at two young students who jumped nearby, singing loudly. She laughed after a moment, her hand on her heart. "Oh, they startled me." She said with a nervous laugh as the two ran away.

Katy grinned at Emilia, pleased she got the reference. "Yeah, like Shakespeare," She said with a nod, shrugging and laughing at Emilia's next question. "I was so caught up in the 'the drama' of it all I wasn't really thinking that far ahead," She said, giving a little snort laugh and flicking some water out of her eyes. "Yeah, I'm just one exchange from Ilvermorny for the year. Spending my 6th year in Gryffindor," She said, swinging her arms happily. Katy had already spent some time cherrypicking a few details she was definitely going to have to tell her friends back home. Things like the seasons being all backwards and which house she was in to make everything sound really foreign and exciting. "I just got a bit of the wanderlust, you know? Might try for another school next year," She added with a shrug, wondering if it might impress Emilia.

They were interrupted by some other kids running past dressed like sharks and Katy watched quizzically as they danced, giving them a snort as they sprinted away. "You guys want some water for those sharks!" She called after them flicking her hands and hair in their direction with a shower of drips and laughing before looking back at Emilia. "That was fun. And no worries, I like talking about myself," She added, giving Emilia a cheesy smile.

Emilia giggled as Katy explained she had been caught up in the drama. It was certainly creative. "It's definitely memorable." She was a little sad to hear the girl was only on exchange for a year, as she had already been hoping she could be a new friend. "Oh, that sounds very interesting." She said, thinking back to the boy from Beauxbatons she had talked to before Hogwarts. She was fairly curious now about other schools, though it wouldn't be worth going on exchange for her final year. It seemed like Katy had a different idea, and Emilia frowned a little bit. "But wouldn't it be weird not to graduate with your classmates?" She asked quietly. The kids had startled her a bit, but she did smile at Katy's water joke. She laughed too when Katy said she liked talking about herself. "You can keep doing it, I think you're interesting." She said with a smile.

Katy made sure to do an appropriate dramatic pose when Emilia said she was memorable before quickly dropping her arms, flicking more water droplets everywhere. She wasn't sure why she was acting like such an idiot but Katy would have appreciated if she could cut it out. "Yeah, probably. My mother'll probably want me home for that at least, my family's pretty close. I just wanna be done and travelling, you know?" She said wistfully. Katy did still have friends back home, it wasn't like they'd all left for other schools or countries, but the ones who had were pretty notable. But Emilia was right, Katy would miss graduating with her friends and family nearby, really. "I've got plenty more me to talk about don't worry," She said, flapping her hand and snorting again when Emilia said she was interesting. "Are you born and raised kiwi, then?" She asked her. Emilia said she didn't mind Katy talking about herself, but Katy was curious to know more about the other girl too.

Emilia shielded herself a bit from the fliyng water droplets. She wiped a few off her arm, smiling at the girl. "I can imagine that, I think my parents will want to see my graduation too." She said hesitantly. "Even if it's far away for them." She winced. "I just realized how soon that will be." She sighed, playing with her hair. "I have no clue what to do after graduation. Travelling does seem fun..." She said hesitantly, though she knew she would never be brave enough to travel the world on her own. Even a year of exchange the way Katy was doing seemed terrifying, even if it was exciting to. Emilia shook her head. "I'm actually Danish." She said as Katy asked her a question about herself. "But my family went to this school, so I followed." She said a little shyly. "I can't imagine being in a school with only strangers." The thought of her cousin made her frown, and she looked down. She missed Evelyn, and she missed Athena too, even if she was also angry with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back