Lunch... or... not?

Aroha Jennings

Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Aroha sat down and stared blankly at the table laden with food. She wanted to eat, but nothing there interested her. She pulled a spellbook out of her bag to study while she waited for everyone else to finish. It was nice to hear people's voices. she thought absentmindedly.

Rhianne entered the Great Hall smiling..She had not come in with Robert although it was fine with her..She sat beside Aroha Jennings,a first year and watched her read her book silently.."Hello,Aroha..Not having lunch??",she asked smiling as she tooka chicken leg for her plate..

Aroha jumped as she heard someone sitting next to her. 'No,' not elaborating further. 'um, what year are you?' she asked awkwardly.

Rhianne smiled as she took in Aroha's answer.."You shouldn't skip meals..Bad for your health,even for a witch..Young witch like you..",she said with a sisterly advice.."Im a third year..Same house..",she replied to her question..
Rhianne smiled as she took in Aroha's answer.."You shouldn't skip meals..Bad for your health,even for a witch..Young witch like you..",she said with a sisterly advice.."Im a third year..Same house..",she replied to her question..

"Bad for my health? Pfft, nothings happened yet" replied Aroha shyly. "Same house? Odd, I haven't seen you anywhere before. Still, I don't really get out of the dorm much."

Rhianne smiled..You never get out of the dorm??No wonder you wont see me..I hang around the lake or the garden most of the day..",she stated with a laugh..

'Hehe' Aroha chuckled. She was starting to feel much better, somehow talking had made her happy again. "You know, I think I might eat a little," she said quietly.

Rhianne chuckled along with Aroha..She grabbed some cupcakes and chickens and placed them on the girl's plate.."Good idea..Better eat more..",she joked while she turned to her own lunch..

Callum felt like eating, but had nowhere to go. He spotted two Gryffindors eating together. Well, one was just picking at her food. He walked over, not meaning to interrupt.
'Can I join you two?' He asked quietly.

Aroha watched Rhianne place more food onto the empty plate in front of her. Her eyebrows raised, Aroha pulled the paper off from a cupcake and nibbled on a piece of icing. She then heard a voice from behind her. Restraining the jump that usually happened when someone snuck up on her, she calmly turned around to see a boy standing looking lost. "Sure thing," she smiled. Aroha shifted her bag from the seat next to her and put it on the table.

((chickens? Live ones? :o probably not, I'm exhausted sorry :( ignore my rambles.))

//buttered chicken aroha// :woot: :woot: :woot:

Rhianne was about to take another bite of her lunch when she heard another voice behind her..Instincts told her it was not Robert so she just continued eating..She heard Aroha answer him and moved up some space..Rhianne looked up to see a Ravenclaw guy..Second year she presume.."Hello..Im Rhianne..",she greeted him smiling..She thought,with a smile,now here is someone who can take Aroha out of her shell..

((Oh, right :r blame the exams :ummmm: hold on, did I say on the table in my last post? Sorry, meant under :lol: ))

Aroha silently watched Rhianne smiling and knew what she was thinking of doing. Everyone had that look on their face the other day in the hospital wing, when they were discussing her mental state, etc etc. It was so boring; it happened all the time in Kurow, and she'd been hoping to escape it here. But nevertheless, she put on her fake smile again and continued nibbling on her cupcake.

Rhianne leaned to Aroha and whispered.."Callum is cute..Isn't he??",she was hoping that they would get closer so as Aroha would be more outgoing than ingoing..

Rhianne smiled and finished up her lunch..
She then pulled out her wand and practiced a couple of spells for class..

(hey. guess what. robert rejoined hnz. thought better catch up with some peepz :p )

Robert saunted into the Great Hall with his hands not unusally placed in the pockets of his jeans. Walking over to the Griffindor table, ignoring what appeared to be a row going on by the Slytherins, and smiled as he noticed Rhianne chatting to a couple of the others.
Taking a seat behind her, he put a hand on her shoulder. "Hey" he said. He hadn't spoken to her for a long time. Glancing to the people she was talking to, he also gave them a smile, "Nice to meet you. I'm Robert" he introduced, before turning back to the table and pouring himself a drink. Interupting convocation was the last thing he wanted to do towards his friends.

Rhianne was almost done practicing when someone came up behind her..She turned around to see Robert Kain,her Gryffindor Love,smiling at her.."Hey,I miss you..",she scooted to let him sit and hugged him tight.."You hungry??",she asked sweetly..

Robert gave her a warm smile, wrapping one arm around her. "I missed you too" he replied. "And no, not really" he said truthfully. He'd just got back from a train journey. He was more tired than anything.

"Erm, if you say so?" she whispered back at Rhianne uncertainly. She was only 11 and was therefore was unsure as to what to say, but half-adopted the look that Rhianne seemed to sport.

"Hi, er, Robert," Aroha said smilingly, partially perplexed at the sudden appearance of someone else. She silently watched Rhianne and Robert talking, and awkwardly wondered if she should go somewhere else. She glanced at Callum shyly. Only a second year? Not to much of a difference... no Aroha shut up! she thought with a blank look on her face.

Alexis smiled at Robert. She had seen him around before, but he was in the year above her.
'Hi peeps, is this seat taken?' She asked, scooting in and squishing down before they had a chance to answer.
'Hi Rob.'

Callum looked round to see someone gazing at him.
'Um, hi.' He said, smiling. 'What's up? And hi Alex.' He said, trying to speak to everybody at once.
He felt slightly uncomfortable with the girl looking at him. She was younger than him - at least a year. God, does she like me or something?
He smiled at her again, starting to tuck into his lunch.

((Siggy and av in the making))

((Whoa, this is getting busy :o ))

Aroha looked at all the people sitting around, and smiled again when she caught Callum's eye. She knew she hadn't introduced herself to half of them, but kept quiet, moving to her next cupcake. Aroha quickly realized she was the youngest one there.

Rhianne frowned at the tired face of Robert.."You tired??",she asked,concerned..She looked around and saw Alex sat beside Rob.."Hi Alex..",she greeted,all the while looking at Aroha glancing at Callum.."Hey,Callum,why not invite Aroha to the Yule Ball??,she teasingly asked..

Rhianne glanced at Robert again and asked,"You want to rest yourself awhile in the common room??I can accompany you there.."

Robert ran his hand through his hair, and gave her a small appriecitve smile. "Well you don't have to. I'll be okay." he replied. He had lived alot worse, sure he could manage an afternoon. He glanced to the others, all seeminly younger than him. "Besides, i don't want to pull you away" he said.

Rhianne glanced around too as Robert looked around her companions..She smiled and shook her head.."Nah,they can managed fairly well without me..",she replied..She was really concerned on the tired look on his face..

Robert glanced over her shoulder, drank the last of his drink, and stood up. "Alright." he said, shoving one hand in his pocket, the other he held out for her. "If you're sure" he gave her half a smile.

Rhianne smiled uncertainly as she stood up and slipped her hand into Robert's.."Catch you later guys..",she called over her shoulder,her eyes not leaving Robert's..

They were now walking towards the Great Hall's doors but still Rhianne remained wuiet..She let Robert wander his mind,wherever they are..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back