Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Flavio) (Pansexual
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Swishy Ivy Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Kauri was beginning to get used to the feeling of Felix Felicis flowing through him, and the sense of confidence he felt in its compulsions. On his way down to the lake Kauri had passed some dandelions, tucking one into his hair on a whim, and he was just feeling downright great. As he approached the lake, Kauri was pleasantly surprised to find he wasn't alone, the Head Boy already by the lakeside, doing exactly what Kauri had come here to do. “Hi, Flavio!” Kauri said cheerfully, wondering why the potion would have compelled him to come find Flavio. “I just came out to do exactly that.” He said, pulling the pouch of scroggin from his bag. “It's a lovely day for fresh air.”

Feeding the ducks was usually an easy escape for Flavio when things became overwhelming, and a way for him to distract himself temporarily and relax so he could return to whatever he was doing previously with a newfound sense of motivation. However, in the midst of keeping up with his classes that year and his many other responsibilities, the act of walking to the lakefront to feed the ducks that day was not relaxing at all, and more of a reason for him to stress than anything. He found that rather than focusing on the moment and the simplicity of watching the ducks as they swam closer and ate the food he was throwing to them, he was thinking about the future and what he should have been spending his time with instead, the homework assignments and general studying for classes never leaving his mind. It became more stressful the more he thought about the time he was wasting that was better spent with school work, to the point that Flavio was about to give up on his attempt to escape and would have left the lakefront entirely. Though before he could properly make the decision to return to the castle, a familiar voice interrupted his thoughts, causing him to turn around and see Kauri, the leader of the brotherhood, approaching him.
Despite his surprise at running into Kauri unexpectedly, Flavio smiled at his greeting, watching as the boy got out some food. He then looked away from Kauri and out to the lake where the ducks were swimming happily, nodding in agreement at the comment it was a nice day for fresh air. Wanting fresh air was the last thing on Flavio's mind but if nothing else he was pleased to spend some time outdoors that day after being cooped up indoors, no matter the fact he was still stressing out over it. He wondered if Kauri felt the same, and if this was the reason he was also at the lake. "Have you been in the castle all day?" He asked, curious to know if Kauri was also there to get away from the stress of school work.

Opening his bag of scroggin, Kauri felt incredibly lucky. He wasn't really hungry enough himself to want it, and the seeds would be just perfect for the ducks. He nodded in response to Flavio's question, smiling as he pulled out a handful of seeds. "Yeah, I just got out of Potions. I've got some homework I really need to finish, but... gotta take a break and stretch your legs sometimes, right?" Kauri smiled, looking down as he tossed some seeds out to the hungry ducks. He had been finding fifth year more difficult than any that preceded it, and glanced at the boy next to him. Flavio must be working even harder, with Head Boy duties to worry about as well. Kauri hoped he was that good at managing his time by the time he reached seventh year. He considered asking Flavio for advice, but something about the other boy's expression steered Kauri away from that. He felt a lot more certain that it was a good idea not to worry about school right now, they could talk about relaxing things instead. "Do you feed the ducks often? I've never come out to feed them before, but I just felt like it. They're so sweet." He smiled, watching the birds nibbling seeds happily out of the grass in front of them.

Flavio moved his gaze to Kauri as the boy answered his question, though quickly returned to looking out at the lake as he listened. He wished he had the ability and the free time to postpone homework for a little while. Even if he was postponing his study in that moment it was still stressing him out a great ordeal, feeding the ducks with the same carefree nature Kauri seemed to have wasn't something Flavio could imagine for himself. At the least he was glad Kauri did not appear to be stressing near as much about school, Flavio's own OWL year had been difficult when he was Kauri's age so it was good to notice that Kauri did not seem to be stressing as overtly as he once did. In response to Kauri, Flavio nodded in agreement, glad that the conversation was centered more on the positives of being outside rather than of the school work they were both distracting themselves from. "It is good to be outside." He commented, still thinking that it was a good idea for him to leave the castle despite how further stressed it made him feel. At Kauri's next question he frowned a little, continuing to watch the ducks around them. "I do not feed them as often as I used to because I have been so busy, but I am glad to be here now." He answered. Trying to put a positive spin on things to keep the conversation light and wanting to keep the subject on the ducks themselves rather than talk more about school, Flavio asked "Hey, have you ever fed ducks from your hands before?" with a growing smile on his face. Watching ducks eat from up close was one of his favourite things because it was adorable.

Kauri listened to Flavio, nodding. Somehow he wasn't surprised that the older boy liked to feed the ducks. Maybe the potion had brought Kauri out here because he needed to talk to Flavio? Kauri couldn't see any reason why, but he still felt fantastic, and he wasn't going to complain about a pleasant afternoon with the Head Boy. "Well, I'm sure they're glad you're out here to feed them now." He smiled, tossing some more seeds out and watching as the ducks scampered around to peck at the treats. Kauri looked over at Flavio's question, curious. "I haven't... do they come right up and eat out of your hand?" Kauri had never tried feeding ducks directly from his hand, but that was sounding like a very good idea right about now.

"They do, it is really cute and it tickles." Flavio confirmed, taking a moment to look to the ground by his feet. Knowing that he wouldn't get his clothes wet and there wasn't anything in his way, he got on one knee at the water's edge and grabbed a handful of seeds from the bag he brought with him. It had taken a while for the ducks at the school lake to properly warm up to him, even that day as he got closer to where they were swimming and waddling around they cautiously backed up a little. Though not a moment later he opened his hand and held it out to where the ducks were, watching as one of them moved closer to pick at the food. When the seeds were all eaten up, Flavio looked up to Kauri and smiled. "It is as simple as that." He said. In Flavio's opinion, feeding ducks with his hands was an adorable and comforting experience, reminding him of happy memories from his childhood. He hoped Kauri would feel similarly if he tried it himself.

Kauri watched Flavio, mirroring his movement when the older boy knelt down. Kneeling made sense, to be less intimidating to the ducks, and Kauri took a handful of his own seeds, watching how Flavio held them carefully. He held his own hand out towards a duck he was fairly sure looked friendly enough to approach him, and sure enough, the duck approached, taking an enthusiastic nibble. Kauri squeaked and immediately closed his mouth, straining to hold back a giggle so he didn't startle the duck. Once he was in control, Kauri looked at Flavio with a grin. "Wow, that really does tickle."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back