Wand
Knotted 9 1/2 Flexible Pine Wand with Augery Tail Feather Core
LUCINDA SYLVESTER
nLVarsy.png

[Lucinda Raven Sylvester]

18 November 2032
Ngāruawāhia, New Zealand

[Grumpy | Mystic | A Good Witch or a Bad Witch?]

Spending time comparing horoscopes to her own readings, drying out plants for her 'potions,' researching strange occurences on the internet.</FONT></COLOR>
Likes knowing things that others don't, reading difficult books for her age, unnerving people with her unconventional ways.​
Dislikes being laughed at for her mystic attitude, the idea of normal people, participating in anything that requires teamwork or bonding.​
[Strengths] Lucinda is highly driven to complete any and all goals that she sets for herself, and her self-confidence helps her along greatly in this respect.
[Weaknesses] Her lack of empathy and superior attitude don't lend to making a lot of strong friendships with others.
[Hopes] That eventually she'll become a powerful witch who will always be able to live her life on her own terms.
[Fears] In any way acknowledging the possibility that she's not special or different to anyone else; any situation that could lead to being unable to breathe, particularly swimming in deep water.
Lucinda has thick, black hair that she prefers to let hang in her face to seem mysterious and unapproachable [Hair]
Although she likes people to think their colour is a bewitching green, Lucinda's eyes are actually hazel [Eyes]
Of average height and weight, Lucinda intuitively carries herself tall and proud at all times as a projection of her attitude [Build]
Favouring dark blacks, greens, and purples, Lucinda currently wears her school robes everywhere she can [Style]
[THE SHADOW DREAMER]
Chasing down that flicker in the wind, she twists, turns, disappears from sight only to appear behind you.
Lucinda prides herself on being the kind of person who she sees as special and different from everyone else, both in the things she finds interesting and in the way she thinks about and sees the world. Unsatisfied with anything she deems typical or popular with the majority of society, Lucinda is always looking to discover the more unconventional, darker side of the world, whether it is all in her imagination or as real as the hands in front of her face. She is particularly interested in anything that makes her more knowledgeable or in control of her surroundings, and once she becomes fixated on something does not let it rest easily while she can still gain from it.

Interacting with the world in such a manner often makes it unlikely for Lucinda to form any close relationships. She tends to think of herself as superior to anyone who enjoys doing things she herself finds vapid and uninteresting, and usually takes joy from telling such people exactly that. With no regard for how she might hurt others' feelings, Lucinda will say precisely what is on her mind when talking to her peers, and even to most adults if she has taken a particular disliking to them. Although she is not usually concerned by the small amount of people that she actually can stand, Lucinda does sometimes wish she could meet more people who are worthy of her time - i.e. people with similar interests and ideas to herself.

Although she doesn't have close friends, Lucinda's clear likes and dislikes in other aspects of her life make her a highly simple person to understand and know. Once she has decided she enjoys a person's company, Lucinda is completely amenable to spending time with them, and will stand by their side through almost anything against others. With her all or nothing personality, and general unconcern for the petty interests other children her age seem to share with one another, Lucinda will always make and trust her own decision about a person with no regard for what the popular opinion of that person may be.​
PUmTkNF.png
ceFdaeO.jpg
U01LyMK.png
UeA7tI3.png
KACYDmp.png
DKuDMxD.png
B9YB4U8.png
9Aka8Py.jpg
INTJ | The Architect
makes her ideas a reality through sheer willpower and force of personality · sees the majority of social niceties as downright stupid · if something piques her interest she can be astonishingly dedicated to it · closes herself of to the opinions of those she believes to be intellectually inferior · radiates self-confidence and an aura of mystery · when she comes to a conclusion she never doubts it - when she's right, she's right · unimpressed by authority figures · capable of doing anything she sets her mind to​
<i>
</i>

OBLIVIOUS · · · · · | · · [·] · · PERCEPTIVE
SHAMEFUL · · · · · | · · · [·] · SHAMELESS
DULL · · · · [·] | · · · · · CREATIVE
COLD · [·] · · · | · · · · · AFFECTIONATE
LAZY · · · · · | [·] · · · · DISCIPLINED
PASSIVE · · · · · | · [·] · · · AGGRESSIVE
ILLITERATE · · · · · | [·] · · · · INTELLECTUAL
INTROVERT · · · [·] · | · · · · · EXTROVERT
DROP-OUT · · · · · | · [·] · · · VALEDICTORIAN
CHASTE · · [·] · · | · · · · · FLIRT
WEAK-MINDED · · · · · | · · [·] · · STRONG-MINDED
CONSISTENT · · · [·] · | · · · · · ERRATIC
MODEST · · · · · | · · · [·] · ARROGANT
GROUNDED · · · · · | · [·] · · · DISPERSE
SINNER · · · · [·] | · · · · · SAINT
ISOLATED · · [·] · · | · · · · · FRIENDLY
STONE-FACED · · [·] · · | · · · · · JOKER
DISLOYAL · · · · [·] | · · · · · DEPENDABLE
UNLIKEABLE · · · [·] · | · · · · · LIKEABLE
UNKEMPT · · · · · | · [·] · · · METICULOUS
[SYLVESTER & PRICE]
Make an Edgar Allan Poe joke, you'll do fine.

<COLOR color="#000">Lucinda grew up in a muggle family, the eldest daughter of Edward and Ellen Sylvester, with a younger brother named Charles. An only child for most of her life with literature-obsessed parents, Lucinda was given much time to develop a fantastical view of the world around her. The house, an older villa, was the setting of many games of witches and ghost sightings, and Lucinda was always particularly fond of the cobwebs that would appear in odd corners, a testament to her parent's more pressing interests in their work than the appearance of the inside of their home.

Although related to them by blood, Lucinda would quite happily never see her Sylvester family members again if she could. She particularly dreads attending Christmas celebrations at her grandparents, as their religious focus on the holiday has sapped it of any interest to her at all. Their religious attitudes in general irk her thoroughly, in fact, as her enthusiasm for fantastical witchcraft (and the insistence that it is real) is often on the receiving end of many lectures and punishments in her grandparent's home. The Price's she likes much more, although their residence in the South Island keeps Lucinda from seeing them too often. Their nurturing of her imagination and interests has of course been the key to her positivity towards them, and Lucinda has often thought of running away to live with them in her more stifled hours.

Her relationship with her parents isn't troubled, however, and Lucinda is actually quite grateful for the freedom they allow her to do almost as she pleases. This can of course lead to some viciously-worded fights between them when Lucinda does not get what she wants, but in general she knows that there are definitely worse parents to be had. Of her baby brother she has little to no opinion, as he is not yet old enough to be of any interest to her - in fact, she would be deliriously happy if he would just hurry up and grow already, because his noisy, colourful children's toys are enough to drive her crazy.​
<i>
</i>
<FONT font="Georgia">Credits: Jung type and description from here. Trait sliders adapted from here.

IN ACTION

[CURRENTLY]
These stupid holidays are dragging on forever.
</FONT></COLOR>
Lucinda has just finished her first year at Hogwarts New Zealand, where she alternately reveled in the clear existence of magical forces around her, and also found herself annoyed at all the ways the wizarding world did magic 'wrong.' Although her classes were the most prominent example of this conflict, Lucinda also met several people over the year who actively questioned the way she believed magic to work - none of whom were able to convince her to align her ideas with those of the larger wizarding community. Her arrogant personality meant that she made more enemies than friends, and Lucinda actually had several arguments with different girls about her clear favouritism of magic over muggles. Despite this seemingly lacking social life, and other idealistic drawbacks, Lucinda immensely enjoyed her time at the school and cannot wait to return in the new year.​
<COLOR color="#000">
pBpyJq1.gif

2044-45 | Y29
<FONT font="Georgia">
[FIRST YEAR OF SCHOOL]
<i>
</i>
Well, I'm pleased I was right, but the way this place works is a joke.
<i></i>

[IMPORTANT THREADS]
[ACQUAINTANCES]
[ul][li][Zoe Tsuji] Rainbow in an Oil Slick</LI>[li][Cole Dragonov] Differences[li][Edmund Westwick] Journey's Beginning[li][Theodore Westwick] Journey's Beginning[/li][/ul]
[DISLIKED]
[ul][li][Stella Wright] Toil and Trouble[li][Hayley Elridge] Incompatible Perspectives[li][Lenore Harvelle] Incompatible Perspectives[li][Bradley Ahn] Journey's Beginning[li][Athena Rey-Martinez] Journey's Beginning<LI>[li][Emmett Lancaster] I'm a Witch, Not a Fairy[/li][/ul]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back