Although no one understood, we were holding back the flood

</COLOR></SIZE></FONT></SIZE>
Hi there! This is an interview for Lucan White,
in which he answers over 60 questions (credit
is at the bottom). The interviewer would be
someone that Lucan trusts entirely, and would
answer to honestly.

If you would like to ask any more questions, they
would be very much appreciated and welcomed!
Thank you!

Interviewed on: November 12th, 2038.
Admin approval for post-traumatic stress disorder: 11185601
<i>
</i>

Personal Questions

1. WHAT IS YOUR REAL, BIRTH NAME? WHAT NAME DO YOU USE?
'Lucan James White. I just go by Lucan, though.'

2. DO YOU HAVE A NICKNAME? WHAT IS IT, AND WHERE DID YOU GET IT?
'Eh, sometimes people shorten my name to Luc, or L. Or they call me Lucas by mistake, and I have to correct them. But I
don't have any real nicknames, I don't think.'

3. WHAT DO YOU LOOK LIKE?
'I think when people look at me, the first thing they notice is how short I am. I'm five foot four, you see. Quite skinny,
probably from all the worrying I do. I think I look about my age.. Maybe a little older. Stress kind of gets to you like that. I
have sort of blueish grey eyes, which aren't very striking, unlike my brother Keevan's. Medium brown hair, with a reddish
tint. Oh and I have a couple of burn marks on my legs and back. But nothing you can see when I've got me clothes on, thankfully!'

4. HOW DO YOU DRESS MOST OF THE TIME?
'I dunno, I wear something different every day, don't I? I like long sleeved shirts, which I button up right to the top. I
pull the sleeves up, too, cause they annoy me for some reason. And I like socks. I really like socks. If you ever wanted to
know what to get me for Christmas, socks would make me really happy.'

5. HOW DO YOU "DRESS UP"?
'I wear a lot of waistcoats. If I'm going to a formal event and everyone's in a suit, I'm just in a waistcoat. I like ties, too,
but I usually just wear a black one. Also, I think a hat can make or break an outfit. I like a good hat.'

6. HOW DO YOU "DRESS DOWN"?
'Er, I don't really dress down cos I live in a pretty posh house. I'd look out of place if I didn't dress up fancy, yaknow?'

7. WHAT DO YOU WEAR WHEN YOU GO TO SLEEP?
'A shirt and pyjama trousers, I guess? But I would've thought you knew that already.' (He winks)

8. DO YOU WEAR ANY JEWELLERY?
(Laughing) 'No! Oh, you mean like a ring? Nah, not any more.'

9. IN YOUR OPINION, WHAT IS YOUR BEST FEATURE?
'Hmm.. I'm gonna have to say me hair. Yeah, I really like my hair, actually. Once when we were kids, Keevan cut some of
it off while I was sleeping. I screamed so loud next morning me Mum thought someone had been murdered! Fortunately it
grew back the next day. I'm pretty sure I got my revenge on Keevan, too.'

10. WHAT'S YOUR REAL BIRTH DATE?
'March twentieth, two thousand and four. I think. Unless I was adopted. That might explain some things.'

11. WHERE DO YOU LIVE? DESCRIBE IT: IS IT MESSY, NEAT, AVANT-GARDE, ETC.?
'Well, I live with me brother Keevan, so there are lots of mirrors.' (He laughs) 'No but really, it's quite well organised.
Keevan hates clutter and I like to clean, so we work together there. It's a massive manor. Ridiculously big. I haven't even
been in all the rooms yet!'

12. DO YOU OWN A CAR? DESCRIBE IT.
'One of them muggle things? Nah, I just... Apparate.'

13. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED MUNDANE POSSESSION? WHY?
'I've got this little souvenir from when me, me brothers and Synnove went on holiday to Spain as kids. It's just a keyring,
but it survived the fire and it reminds me of.. happy times.'

14. WHAT ONE WORD BEST DESCRIBES YOU?
'One word? That's kinda hard. All right.. Small.'

Familial Questions

1. WHAT WAS YOUR FAMILY LIKE?
'Uhm.. I think we were quite a broken family, even though we never knew it at the time. As kids, you don't really
question that kind of thing, do you? It's only when you get older that you slowly start to realise how much was wrong. I've
always been closer to my brothers than anyone else, though. They've always been there for me, even when I'm being a total
pain in the bum.'

2. WHO WAS YOUR FATHER, AND WHAT WAS HE LIKE?
'Me dad was called Erebus James Morden. That's how I got me middle name. We didn't really see that much of him,
cause he were always busy. He had a bit of a temper, and was kind of married to his work. I guess that's where Keevan gets
it from! We usually tried to stay out of his way. We weren't badly behaved kids, but he would get riled up over the smallest
stuff. Never hit us or nothing, just yelled, but he had a scary face.'

2. WHO WAS YOUR MOTHER, AND WHAT WAS SHE LIKE?
'She was nice. Too nice. People walked over her a lot, which was difficult for us to watch. I think I picked up that trait,
and maybe Regius, too. In a way, I guess I didn't have very good role models growing up. That's probably why I turned to
my brothers and sister instead. She were kind, though. I remember she'd take good care of us when we were sick, cause my
dad was repulsed by it and wouldn't come near us. She taught us to always be nice.'

4. WHAT WAS YOUR PARENT'S MARRIAGE (OR RELATIONSHIP) LIKE?
'My parents were married. They died when I were 14, so I don't remember that much if I'm honest. From the outside,
things looked okay between them. But deep down, I think me Mum was sad. I sometimes wonder if they only stayed
together for the sake of their kids. Dad was always losing his temper with her, but never when he thought me and my
brothers could hear them. We could, though, cause we had extendable ears and all sorts. Come to think of it, I wish I
hadn't heard the things he said to her. Then I could've lived my whole life believing that things were as good as they
seemed when we were around them.'

5. WHAT WERE YOUR SIBLINGS NAMES? WHAT WERE THEY LIKE?
(He pauses and then takes a deep breath) 'I'll start with Synnove, get it over with. She was eleven years older than me,
and the eldest of us all. She was peaceful. The sort of person who radiated happiness over everyone who knew her, just by
being in the room. When me brothers were teasing me, or if I needed advice about somethin embarrassing, I'd go to
Synnove first. She was always good at that sort of thing.' (He has to stop because his voice is cracking)
'Then there's Regius. He's nine years older than me. Got married and had his first kid at eighteen, poor thing. Popped
out another one at twenty. He was happy, though, bless him. The fire that.. that killed Synnove, killed his wife, too. That
completely tore him apart. He got so depressed that his girls had to be adopted by our aunt. Sometimes, I wish I could've
been stronger and helped him through it. I was so wrapped up in my own problems that at the time, I barely even noticed
how unhappy he was. That's horrible, isn't it? Anyway, he's a good guy. Very composed, holds himself well. He's not too
good at caring for people, though. Not because he doesn't want to, but because he can't stand seeing people he loves in
pain.'
'Keevan's the middle brother. Six years older than me. About six feet taller than me, as well.' (He smiles weakly) 'He's a
strong guy, that one. Merlin knows how he does it. I don't have much to say about him, other than that he's the bravest
person I know. He took custody of me after our parents died, cause I was only fourteen. Juggled taking care of me, Regius,
working full time and teaching me magic all at once. He scowls a lot, like he's angry, but he's never been angry with me
before. Not even when I tease him in front of people. He's the best brother I could ever ask for, and I love him.' (A silence
follows this)

6. WHAT'S THE WORST THING ONE OF YOUR SIBLINGS EVER DID TO YOU? WHAT'S THE WORST THING YOU'VE EVER DONE TO ONE OF YOUR SIBLINGS?
'Hmm. I think the worst thing Keevan ever did to me was pulling me back from Synnove. I don't blame him for it any
more, but at the time, it was the most horrible thing anyone had ever done to me. It's.. still the worst part of my night
terrors.'
'And the worst thing I ever did to a sibling was probably Regius. One day, after I'd been up all night, Keevan, Regius and
I were all sat round the breakfast table. I can't remember how the argument started, but I was snappy from the lack of
sleep, and Regius was moping a bit. So I yelled at him for something, and threatened to tear up his wife's photos. I never
yell. The look on his face breaks my heart to this day. I've never said anything so horrible since.'

7. WHEN'S THE LAST TIME YOU SAW ANY MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY? WHERE ARE THEY NOW?
'Well, this morning. I saw both me brothers at breakfast. Now Keevan's probably shouting at someone, and Regius will
be trying to calm him down!'

8. DID YOU EVER MEET ANY OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS? WHO ARE THEY?
'When our parents were still alive, we lived with our Uncle Frederick. He was our dad's brother. To be honest, he kinda freaked me out. He was one of those creepy people who didn't say much, and you could never quite tell what he was thinking. But he disappeared with the family's savings a couple of weeks before the fire, and nobody's seen him since.'</COLOR>

<SIZE size="50">Childhood Questions
<FONT font="georgia"><SIZE size="50"><COLOR color="#7A6A57">

1. WHAT IS YOUR FIRST MEMORY?
'I don't remember much from when I was young. There was a photo, though, of me and Synnove feeding the horses we
used to keep at our first house. I was about four, and I can vaguely remember that. Actually, I think Keevan was there, too.
Yeah that's right, he wouldn't stop pulling faces, so Dad yelled at him to get out of the shot.'

2. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE TOY?
'I had this stuffed rabbit called Percy that was enchanted to smell like lavender. But then one day, I thought I was too
old for stuffed toys and threw him out. It's a shame, cause I'd love to have him back now.

3. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE GAME?
'Oh, definitely Snitch Snatcher! It was the only game me brothers were willing to play with me, because I'd always lose,
but I still had a blast. I was really excited about Quidditch at Hogwarts because of that game. Turns out I was just as bad
at it in real life, though.'

4. ANY NON-FAMILY MEMBER ADULTS STICK OUT IN YOUR MIND? WHO WERE THEY, AND WHY DO THEY STICK OUT?
'To be honest, we didn't really talk to that many adults, so I can't think of anyone.'

5. WHO WAS YOUR BEST FRIEND WHEN YOU WERE GROWING UP?
'I know this isn't how I'm supposed to answer this, but as a kid my best friend was Synnove. We were home educated, so
I didn't have any friends until I started Hogwarts. And even then, I kept to meself mostly. People ignored me, and I
ignored them.'

6. WHAT IS YOUR FONDEST CHILDHOOD MEMORY?
(Lucan is starting to look uncomfortable with the childhood questions, and has to think for a while) 'Me brothers and I
used to build blanket forts in the living room, and sometimes our parents would let us sleep down there. We'd take
midnight snacks and stay up telling scary stories. It was nice, because we would all get along. Mind you, I was always the
designated snack-fetcher.'

7. WHAT IS YOUR WORST CHILDHOOD MEMORY?
(Lucan looks as though he might cry) 'Please can we move on?'

Adolescent Questions
<COLOR color="#7A6A57">

1. HOW OLD WERE YOU WHEN YOU WENT ON YOUR FIRST DATE?
'I'm not sure this should really be in 'Adolescent questions'. I was twenty two!'

2. IT IS COMMON FOR ONE'S VIEW OF AUTHORITY TO DEVELOP IN THEIR ADOLESCENT YEARS. WHAT IS YOUR VIEW OF AUTHORITY, AND WHAT EVENT MOST AFFECTED IT?
'Our Dad was very strict, so by the time I started Hogwarts, I'd already started to resent authority. I misbehaved a lot,
because Dad wasn't there and I had the opportunity to. But in a way, what affected my feelings the most was the fire. I was
so rebellious after our parents died and Keevan took custody of me. I'd stay out late, drink, and get myself into all sorts of
trouble. By the time I reached my twenties, though, I'd started to realise what an idiot I'd been, and gradually learnt to
accept authority, if not respect it. I wish I'd learned sooner, instead of putting me brothers through so much grief.'

3. WHAT WERE YOU LIKE IN HIGH SCHOOL?
'Very quiet! I know you probably wouldn't believe it now.' (He laughs)

4. WHAT WERE YOUR HIGH SCHOOL GOALS?
'I always said I was going to be an Auror. I think I liked the idea of making a difference; of being respected and meaning
something. Things didn't turn out that way though, unfortunately.'

5. WHO WAS YOUR IDOL WHEN YOU WERE GROWING UP?
'Don't tell him, but I secretly wanted to be more like Regius. He was very clever, got top marks in everything at
Hogwarts. If I'd been as clever as him, I might've stood a chance at becoming an Auror!'

6. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MEMORY FROM ADOLESCENCE?
'When your teenage years were as dreadful as mine, it's kinda hard to think of anything. Sorry.'

7. WHAT IS YOUR WORST MEMORY FROM ADOLESCENCE?
(He starts to laugh before the question has even been fully asked) 'I knew this was coming. Sorry, I can't answer.'

Occupational Questions

1. DO YOU HAVE A JOB? WHAT IS IT? DO YOU LIKE IT?
'I do have a job, although I'm not sure what you'd call it. I work for my brother, Keevan White, but he's better known as
Decado. He owns Decado Pharmaceuticals, and I run around doing little jobs for him. I manage his finances and
paperwork, whilst Regius deals with phone calls. I'm not really brave enough to talk to his partners over the phone. I love
it, because Keevan's the best boss, even if he is a little short tempered sometimes. Everyone who works at the manor is
really friendly, so it's good fun.

2. WHAT IS YOUR BOSS OR EMPLOYER LIKE?
'Amazing!'

3. WHO ARE YOUR CO-WORKERS, AND WHAT ARE THEY LIKE? DO YOU GET ALONG WITH THEM?
'My co-workers are my brothers, so I get along with them fine. It's hard to fall out with them, so we never really have any
disputes. Keevan's a bit secretive sometimes, though. He doesn't tell me much, but every now and then he holds these
really long conferences, and leaves them looking a bit pale. I don't question him, though. He's given me a job, what more
can I ask for?'

4. WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU HAD TO LEARN THAT YOU HATED?
'I had to learn how to speak to Keevan's colleagues and business associates. I clam up a bit around people I don't know,
so that was quite hard for me. He helped me through it, though, and now I can talk to them if Regius isn't around and it's
really important.'

5. DO YOU TEND TO SAVE OR SPEND YOUR MONEY? WHY?
'I save it, but only cause I ant got nothing to spend it on. Better to have it sitting in the bank than frittered away
gambling or drinking, though, right?'

Likes & Dislikes Questions

1. WHAT HOBBIES DO YOU HAVE?
'The obvious one would be poetry. I love writing poetry. Reading it, too, although I'm fussy about what I enjoy reading.
When I'm nervous, or I can't sleep, playing with words is what calms me down. I'm also big into coin collecting. Not sure
why, I found some old coins in my teens and never stopped looking for new ones. Oh, and rearranging my sock drawer.'

2. WHO IS YOUR CLOSEST MUNDANE FRIEND? DESCRIBE THEM.
'Mundane? I'm.. I'm not sure. I only have a couple of friends, really. My brothers and our gardener, Gregory. I wouldn't
call any of them mundane, though, cause they're all brilliant people.'

3. WHO IS YOUR WORST MUNDANE ENEMY? DESCRIBE THEM AND WHY YOU DON'T GET ALONG.
'I try not to make any enemies. Although, me brother Keevan has this associate called McCarrick or something. I dunno
why, but he always gives me this really evil look when he's at the manor. Creeps me out!'

4. WHAT TYPE OF PLACES DO YOU HANG OUT IN WITH YOUR FRIENDS?
'I have trouble going out places, so usually I'll just hang out at home. Gregory's my only real friend besides my brothers,
and he lives with us anyway. Sometimes we chat in the secret garden Keevan had built for me.'

5. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE?
'I think I'm at my most frustrated when I'm up all night and no matter how hard I try, I can't sleep. Or maybe it's that I
don't have any control over my night terrors. I'm not sure.'

6. WHAT WOULD BE THE PERFECT GIFT FOR YOU?
'Socks. Any kind of socks. Especially themed ones.'

7. WHAT'S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING YOU'VE EVER SEEN?
'Well, this New Zealand countryside is pretty stunning. In the morning, I can watch the sun rise over the fields from my
bedroom window. It never gets old, even though I see it every day.'

8. WHAT TIME OF DAY IS YOUR FAVOURITE?
'Sunrise!'

9. WHAT KIND OF WEATHER IS YOUR FAVOURITE?
'I like the snow best. Or just any cold weather really, preferably with clear skies.'

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE FOOD? WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE FOOD?
'I love mango. It's kind of perfumey, sweet smelling, and reminds me of when I was little. And I hate spicy food. It
makes me sweat, and I don't like being hot.'

11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE DRINK?
'I'm going to have to say tea. I drink coffee when I'm really tired, but I don't like the taste very much.'

12. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE ANIMAL?
'I like horses a lot, but then I really like rabbits, too. I can't pick a favourite!'

13. DO YOU HAVE ANY PETS? DO YOU WANT ANY? WHAT KIND?
'Not right now. As kids, we had loads. At one point, we had two cats, a dog, three horses, an iguana, six owls and a
jarvey. I guess I wouldn't mind having pets again some day, but Keevan probably wouldn't let me have one. He hates
mess!'

14. WHAT DO YOU FIND MOST RELAXING?
'I think I covered this earlier, but writing poetry. Also, being sung to, but nobody's done that since me Mum was
around.'

15. WHAT HABIT THAT OTHERS HAVE ANNOYS YOU MOST?
'Hmm.. people who slurp their drinks, or eat with their mouths open. You'd be surprised how many of Keevan's
colleagues don't know basic table manners!'

16. WHAT KIND OF THINGS EMBARRASS YOU? WHY?
'I'm not that easily embarrassed, surprisingly. For the first few months after I started getting night terrors, I did feel a bit
embarrassed about those, cause I get into a total state. But I've had them for such a long time now, so I'd only be
embarrassed if someone who'd never seen me get one were to suddenly see it. That would be mortifying, actually.'

17. WHAT DON'T YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF?
'I'm not very brave, and that's one thing I wish I could change. I could pretend to be brave, but I think really brave
people are born with it. Like Keevan.'

18. HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO LOOK?
'How I already do. With my eyes!' (He laughs at his own joke)

Sex & Intimacy Questions

1. WOULD YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF STRAIGHT, GAY, BI, OR SOMETHING ELSE?
'You know, I'm not really sure. I don't want to call myself straight, cause if the right guy came along, I think I could fall
in love. I was married to a woman for ten years, though, so maybe I am straight.

2. DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE A LOVER? WHO?
'Nope, I'm single and on the market! So if you fancy a drink after this interview..'

3. WHAT IS THE PERFECT ROMANTIC DATE?
'I'd like to walk with someone under the stars. Dinner and flowers are nice and all, but a moonlit walk would be even
better, in my opinion!'

4. DESCRIBE THE PERFECT ROMANTIC PARTNER FOR YOU.
'Anyone who'll have me?' (He laughs) 'Someone with a good sense of humour. Because.. you'll need it, with me around.'

5. DO YOU EVER WANT TO GET MARRIED AND HAVE CHILDREN?
'I've been married once, and I doubt I'll ever do it again. I guess if I really thought it'd work out, I might give it a shot. I
don't think I'd be a very good Dad, though. One of the reasons me Wife left me was because she said I wouldn't be any good
at it.' (He doesn't seem to think there's anything wrong with this)

6. WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT - SEX OR INTIMACY? WHY
'Intimacy. You can have intimacy without sex, but you can't have sex without intimacy. So what would be the point in
only having sex? I think having a real connection with someone, and enjoying spending time with them is much more
important.'

7. WHAT WAS YOUR MOST RECENT RELATIONSHIP LIKE?
'My last relationship was with my Wife, Esmerelda. It was quite a strained relationship, cause she didn't like to sleep in
the same bed with me. I don't blame her at all. Although once, a few years ago when I was going through a really rough
patch, she sent an owl to Keevan and got him to come and stay with me for several months. She couldn't take my night
terrors any more, they scared her, so she went and stayed with her parents. I felt awful. I hated myself for upsetting her like
that.'

8. WHAT'S THE WORST THING YOU'VE EVER DONE TO SOMEONE YOU LOVED?
'Not being good enough for my Wife.'

Alcohol Questions

1. HOW OLD WERE YOU WHEN YOU FIRST GOT DRUNK? WHAT WAS THE EXPERIENCE LIKE?
'I got drunk for the first time when I was fifteen, on cheap foreign wine. When I got home, I got into bed with Keevan by
accident and threw up all over him. He wasn't too happy about that I don't think. For the longest time, I couldn't even
remember what happened. When I woke up the next morning, Keevan had changed me into pyjamas and tucked me into
bed. He didn't tell me about it until a couple of weeks later when I questioned him about the stain on his duvet.''

2. DO YOU DRINK ON ANY KIND OF REGULAR BASIS?
''Nah. Used to, in my teens. But Keevan stopped giving me an allowance when he figured out what I was spending it on.
I resented him for that, but when I got older I realised what a huge favour he did me. I don't drink any more, except the odd
glass of red wine at social events. Otherwise I'd have a panic attack.'

3. WHAT KIND OF ALCOHOL DO YOU PREFER?
'I dunno, I don't drink enough of it to have a preference. I prefer red wine over white, though.'

Morality Questions

1. WHAT ONE ACT IN YOUR PAST ARE YOU MOST ASHAMED OF? WHAT ONE ACT IN YOUR PAST ARE YOU MOST PROUD OF?
'I think I'm most ashamed of everything I've put Keevan through over the years. I guess that's not one act, it's a long
string of events.. but when I think about what makes me feel the most guilty, that's all that comes to mind. I know he's
strong, but I've stressed him out a lot, and he didn't deserve to have it all on his shoulders.
What am I most proud of? I dunno. I don't think I've done it yet.'

2. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN AN ARGUMENT BEFORE? OVER WHAT, WITH WHO, AND WHO WON?
'The one over the breakfast table. I remember it, now. It was the morning after my first night terror. I yelled at Regius
because he was having a go at me for the bottles of wine he found under my bed. So I yelled at him for not even coming to
see if I was all right last night, and threatened to tear up his photos. It went quiet after that, and I sat down and
apologized. So I guess neither of us won.'

3. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A PHYSICAL FIGHT BEFORE? OVER WHAT, WITH WHO, AND WHO WON?
'I've.. been beaten up before, if that counts. Not by my brothers! No, no, in a bar one night when I was eighteen. I didn't
fight back, though. Keevan went spare when he found out, but I wouldn't tell him who did it. Merlin knows he'd have killed
him. I had two cracked ribs.'

4. WHAT DO YOU FEEL MOST STRONGLY ABOUT?
'I think feeling safe is the most important thing. When you don't feel safe, life feels pretty awful. It's not fair that there
are kids - and adults - out there, afraid of things they have no control over. Being afraid is the worst feeling. I'd do anything
to take everyone's fear away.'

5. WHAT DO YOU PRETEND TO FEEL STRONGLY ABOUT, JUST TO IMPRESS PEOPLE?
'There have been quite a lot of times in my life where I've done this. I've always been afraid of not fitting in. I regularly
read newspapers I don't care about just so I can make conversation with Keevan's associates. I'm quite good at feigning
interest in stuff, really.'

6. WHAT TRAIT DO YOU FIND MOST ADMIRABLE, AND HOW OFTEN DO YOU FIND IT?
'Hmm.. it's a toss up between resilience and honesty. Both are pretty important, and I'm good at neither, which is a
shame. I mean, I am honest, I don't lie to other people, but I lie to meself sometimes.'

6. DO YOU THINK THE FUTURE IS HOPEFUL? WHY?
'Absolutely. Do you mean for me personally, or in general? I guess either way. I'm not too hopeful about my own future
any more, but that's all right. I'm thirty four. But for other people, I think things will only get better from here.'

7. WHAT'S THE WORST THING THAT CAN BE DONE TO ANOTHER PERSON? WHY?
'Having someone they love taken away from them. I've had it, Keevan's had it, and Regius has had it several times. It's
definitely the most horrible thing that can happen to a person, especially when someone else is the cause of it.'

8. WHAT'S THE WORST THING YOU COULD ACTUALLY DO TO SOMEONE YOU HATED?
'Erm.. I probably wouldn't be able to do very much. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone, no matter what they'd done to me.
I'm sure they'll pay for it in other ways, though. I believe in karma.'

9. ARE YOU A BETTER LEADER OR FOLLOWER? WHY DO YOU THINK THAT?
'I'm a better follower. I don't have the courage or belief in myself to lead people. To be a leader, you have to believe in
your cause, and I'm not very good at that sort of thing. But I like to follow, it makes me happy.'

10. WHAT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO THE WORLD, IF ANY? WHY DO YOU THINK THAT?
'It's not very grand or anything, but I think my responsibility is to help my brothers. I sure put them through enough
trouble - the least I can do is give them something in return!'

11. IS IT OKAY FOR YOU TO CRY? WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
'For me, it has to be okay, because I cry every time I get a night terror. But outside of those? I don't know, I'm not a huge
crier. If I'm crying, something's genuinely wrong.'

12. WHAT DO YOU THINK IS WRONG WITH MOST PEOPLE, OVERALL?
'People are quite selfish. They go through life thinking that the world revolves around them, and never spend any time
helping others. But when you're on your death bed, the things that will matter are the things you did for other people.'

Miscellaneous Questions

1. WHAT IS THE THING THAT HAS FRIGHTENED YOU MOST? DO YOU THINK THERE IS ANYTHING OUT THERE THAT'S SCARIER THAN THAT?
'Losing my sister and my parents scared me the most. Because since then, I've been so afraid of losing Keevan or Regius.
I don't know how I'd cope without them. It would be quite scary to be left disabled by an accident though, or to go blind.
But I still think losing someone I love scares me the most.'

2. HAS ANYONE OR ANYTHING YOU'VE EVER CARED ABOUT DIED? HOW DID YOU FEEL ABOUT IT? WHAT HAPPENED?
(Lucan blinks sadly) 'My sister, and my parents, though my sister hurt the most. It was a fire that destroyed the White
manor when I was fourteen, killing half of my family. I was distraught at first. I couldn't feel anything, like I was
completely numb. I got pulled out of school. Then the guilt came and the night terrors started, where I'd relive the events of
the fire in very vivid detail. I still get those, though they tend to come in clusters. It's been a while since I had one, now, but
they'll probably be back.'

3. WHAT WAS THE WORST INJURY YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED? HOW DID IT HAPPEN?
'The burns down my side are pretty bad, from the fire. And getting my ribs cracked in that fight. Other than that, I
haven't really been adventurous enough to get injured!'

4. HOW TICKLISH ARE YOU? WHERE ARE YOU TICKLISH?
'Do you promise not to tickle me if I tell you? All right, I'm pretty ticklish on my stomach, actually. And the backs of my
knees. But please, don't tell anyone!'

5. WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT LONG TERM GOAL?
'Maybe I should think about setting one. Right now, I'm just seeing where life takes me.'

6. WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT SHORT TERM GOAL?
'To finish this poem I've been writing for three months!'

7. DO YOU HAVE ANY BAD HABITS? IF SO, WHAT ARE THEY, AND DO YOU PLAN TO GET RID OF THEM?
'I dunno if they count as a bad habits, but I have a few obsessive ones. Like, if a door's closed, I touch the doorknob with
the back of my hand to make sure it isn't hot. I burned my hand on one during the fire, and it makes me feel better to
check.'

8. IF YOU WERE A MUGGLE, WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH YOUR LIFE? WHAT OCCUPATION WOULD YOU WANT, AND HOW WOULD YOU SPEND YOUR FREE TIME?
'I think life would be much the same as it is now, really, just without magic. Keevan would run some muggle business,
and I'd be working for him!'

9. HOW PRIVATE OF A PERSON ARE YOU? WHY?
'I don't really have much to be private about. When I'm happy, I talk too much, so even if I wanted something to be
private, I'd probably tell someone by accident eventually, anyway!'

10. IF YOU WERE TO GAIN AN OBSCENELY LARGE SUM OF MONEY, WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH IT?
'Having a lot of money would do my head in. I'd probably invest some, and give the rest to charity. I couldn't cope with
the pressure it'd bring.'

11. WHAT WOULD YOU WISH FOR IF YOU FOUND A GENIE?
'Three more genies!'

12. WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU ARE BORED?
'Usually I just think for a while. Sometimes people ask me if I'm bored, because I'll just be sitting staring into space, but
in my head I was having a really interesting conversation!'

14. WHAT IS THE MOST FRIGHTENING POTENTIAL HANDICAP YOU CAN CONCEIVE OF? WHAT MAKES IT SO FRIGHTENING?
'Going blind. If I didn't get to see the sun rise in the morning, I'd probably start losing the will to live.'

Interview questions were created by Rich Taylor, and can be found right here, originally posted by Laura Cushing. Any edits are made by me, for the purpose of fitting into Hogwarts New Zealand's world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back