Love Is In the Air

Lucia Orbon

OOC First Name
Abby
Wand
Curly 15" Sturdy Rowan Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Lucia rather liked signing up to deliver the roses each year because as reserved as she seemed, this gave her the opportunity to explore the castle and meet new people. It was always a bit intimidating going up to the older kids and trying to figure everyone out, but after a few years of doing this, it was getting easier for her. Lucy decided to start with the bright red rose in the middle of all her other roses because red always meant love so she was curious as to who it belonged to. She checked the name and House the recipient belonged to and then approached the Hufflepuff table. "Good morning," she said trying to get everyone's attention. "I have a delivery for Ainsley Lynch?" she announced, hoping the girl was here or otherwise they might be able to point her in the right direction.

Ainsley had always enjoyed Valentines Day, with the roses and excitement all about, but now... she felt like she understood the day like never before. The love that two years ago had felt like an anchor bearing her heart to the depths of the earth now felt like wings, carrying her everywhere she went. She couldn't wait for the dance tonight with Amber, daydreaming about how wonderful they would look and how magical the evening would be. She was lost in said daydream, poking uselessly at some eggs, when her own name brought the daydream to an abrupt end. Looking up, she saw a younger girl with a basket of roses, and her heart skipped a beat. Whoever this was from, Ainsley was already excited. "Oh, me!" Ainsley sat up taller than her already quite tall height, waving a hand in the air excitedly. "Ainsley is me!"

Luci looked around the table hopefully, hoping Ainsley would be here, and smiled happily when someone suddenly raised their hand. "Hi," Lucia said with a small smile as she walked over to her. The girl seemed really excited to receive a rose, so Luci was even more excited to see her reaction once she opened her card, not that she knew what it said, just, a red rose had to be something good. "I think you'll like this one," the Slytherin said confidently, even without having read it, and pulled out a red rose for the girl with a bright grin.
Dear Ainsley,
It's hard to put my feelings into words on a note. You're so amazing and wonderful. I'll never forget our first date at the yule ball, and I hope we have many more like it. You're so special to me!
Love, your girlfriend Amber

Ainsley's hopefulness turned to delight as she watched the younger girl pull out a red rose. It had to be from Amber! It felt almost surreal as she took the red rose, smiling in excitement. "Thank you!" She said happily, smelling the beautiful flower before opening the attached message. Her heart swelled as she read it, and she smiled so wide her face almost hurt. After reading through the note several times, eyes lingering at the word 'love', Ainsley forced herself to stop reading it over and pocketed the note, thinking quietly that she would keep this forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back