lost in a dream now

Ferdinand Oakley

OOC First Name
Annaleise
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
A new year meant a whole new level of learning. Ferdinand always loved learning, everybody knew that. Sometimes he just wanted a break. Usually by the end of year holidays he was more than happy to get out of school and spend all his time doing nothing. But by the time the next year started he was craving to learn again. He wanted to catch up on last year's material before classes started, so he had spent most of his day in the library. Now he was on his way to his usual spot with Kels, otherwise known as the rosebush. He ran into his friend before lunch, and organised to meet with her later. What he didn't tell her was that he was going to surprise her with cauldron cakes. They hadn't seen each other over the holidays, but they kept in touch by letters. Writing a letter every now and then wasn't enough for Ferdinand, he was adamant they see each other in person next time. He arrived at the rosebush, and sat down. Kelsey was nowhere to be found. He expected as such, she was usually late to their meetings. He never minded though, especially not today. He whipped the two cauldron cakes from his satchel, holding one in each hand with a playful grin spread across his face. When Kelsey would arrive, he had no idea. He hoped it would be soon though, before his arms and cheeks grew tired.

ooc: epitome of blah, sorry for lack of length and unquality. love yew ♥

Kelsey Ariyah Boneheart was once again running late. Not that this was anything new. She was always late. She had this thing about talking to everyone she met on her way to her destination. She had her bag of jelly babies stuffed into the pocket of her shorts. It was a warm day after all and she was off to the rosebush with her dear friend Ferdi. She wasn't going to wear a dress in a bush on a hot day, she wasn't a total buffoon. She may not have been the smartest cookie in the bunch, but she was at least that smart. She hurried down to the Rose bush and grinned when she saw that Ferdi was already there. Of course she was not surprised, she was always late and in order for her to be late, someone else had to be on time, which was usually Ferdi, or Kieran, or whomever she happened to be meeting at the time. She stopped when she saw Ferdi had something in his hands. It was Cauldron Cakes! One in each hand! She grinned and ran up to him, plucking the one closest to her out of his hand and into her mouth. She did like Cauldron Cakes. "This is great Ferdi! But why?" She asked, seating herself on the ground and crossing her legs. She was going to have fun today. She enjoyed hanging out with her friends. It was awesome. "Jelly baby, Ferdi?" She asked, pulling them out of her pocket and depositing them on the ground in front of her.

Mine too, sorry babe!

Before he knew it, Kelsey arrived. She was late as per usual, but not so late his arms grew tired. He barely had to wait five minutes and for this, Ferdinand was happy. His smile widened as Kels noticed the cauldron cakes. He loved seeing his friend happy. It was the reason he bought cauldron cakes in the first place. Just to see her smile. Honestly, he hadn't seen Kelsey without a smile on her face and he never wanted that to change. Ferdinand shrugged. "I just wanted to surprise you. Plus, they're delicious. Who could resist?" He chuckled quietly, and lent over to give his friend a hug. He missed Kelsey a lot over the holidays. If they didn't keep in touch via letters, he would have gone insane from sheer boredom. He reminded himself to have her over next time. Suddenly, Ferdinand remembered he still had one cauldron cake. He popped in his mouth and dusted his hands together. A puzzled expression took over his features at Kelsey's next words. "What did you just call me?" He frowned at Kelsey before noticing the bag of Jelly babies in front of her. "Ah, no thanks. I've just eaten." Ferdinand chuckled. He thought it was weird Kels always offered him Jelly babies, since he refused every single time. He admired her consistency though. Most people would have given up by now.

Kelsey giggled as Ferdinand popped the other cauldron cake in his mouth and shook her head. It had been sitting there for some time and Kelsey had begun to wonder why he was still holding it there. She smiled when he said he wanted to surprise her. She did like being surprised! She reached over to pull Ferdi down beside her and smiled at him. Ferdi was one of her best friends and she was really happy when he was happy and he was making her happy, which made him happy, so everyone was happy. "Well, I'm glad, because I love being surprised! It is so Fabtastic!" She told him as she grinned and nodded at the same time. She loved being surprised it was one of the best things ever. Surprises were like gifts you were given that you didn't know about on Christmas time and then for a Birthday all at once. They were Kelsey's favourite things in the whole wide world. "You can get me a surprise any-time you want. Surprises are the best things in the world. I would never turn down a surprise. You can throw me a surprise party if you want too!"

She laughed when he asked what she had called him. She always called him Ferdi. Had he forgotten? "I called you Ferdi. I always call you Ferdi you silly boy. It's your nickname from me. It is the best nickname i think. Nicknames are great, like mine is Pip right? Or Kels and you are Ferdi. I like Ferdi because I don't have to say your whole name, because sometimes I get too lazy. I know it's really bad, and i am sorry, but I do it, so, yeah." Kelsey popped another jelly baby into her mouth and shook her head when Ferdi once again refused a jelly baby. She was determined to make him eat a jelly baby at some point. She was going too. "I am determined to make you eat a jelly baby, just so you know. I hope you know that. You know that right?" She asked, tilting her head towards her friend. Jelly babies were the best, everyone should be eating them in her opinion.

"But if I throw you a surprise party now it won't be a surprise." Ferdinand stated. He always liked pointing out the obvious, being cheeky. In their four years of friendship, he had done this many times. He assumed Kelsey was used to it by now. She was usually happy enough not to get offended unlike his other friends. This was one of the many reasons he considered Kels his best friend; she was always happy. Hanging out with her had always been more light hearted, more fun because he had never seen her in a bad mood. Not once had she complained or expressed any negativity during their meetings. Kels always had something to be happy about and that in turn made him happy. Abeit she was also a nice person, and offered him candy every time they met up, it was her constant happy mood he liked most. Ferdinand didn't realize it, but his cauldron cake surprise was a thank you to the Hufflepuff for brightening his day on a regular basis.

Ferdinand kept quiet as Kels bantered about his nickname. He usually just listened when she went off on a tangent, or what he thought was a tangent. Sometimes the Ravenclaw couldn't distinguish whether or not Kels was explaining something or merely talking for the sake of talking. He didn't mind either way though, he listened to what Kels said whatever the subject. "I get lazy too, it's why I call you Kels." He admitted with a chuckle. Nicknames were just easier, quicker and more interesting. For the most part Ferdinand liked his name, but hearing it over and over started to be a bore. He much preferred Kels' shortened version. The Ravenclaw sighed. Entirely adamant he wouldn't try a jelly baby, he dismissed Kels' statement immediately. "No. Nope. Got gonna happen. You don't know it because you're wrong." He tried a gummy worm once and hated it, he never wanted to try anything gummy or jelly related again. Right now he was being completely stubborn and he knew it. An otherwise open minded Ferdinand would agree to try new things without hesitation, but when it came to Jelly babies things were different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back