Lost among the roses

Rose Love

Rose was walking among the roses and decided to stop and sketch them. As she sat down on the ground she noticed that no one could see her so she decided that was better because she didn't have very many friends.

Kyle was exhausted. Thinking about his problems was just making them worse and worse, and they were becoming tangled in his head. He decided he needed to just take a walk and explore like he used to. He wandered along the lakeside, wondering what else there was in this area, when he spied a rose garden. He headed over, smiling. Roses reminded him of his mum and her gardening. He wandered the garden, liking the sweet scent of roses, and the calm solitude of just walking, when he almost tripped over a small blonde girl. "Yikes! I'm sorry, I didn't see you!"

Rose rolled her eyes at him. "of course you didn't that what i planned i didnt' want anyone to know i was here sketching." she said, standing up.

"Fair enough." Kyle smiled. "I don't like people knowing where I am sometimes." He pushed a curl behind his ear, absentmindedly touching a rose with his other hand. "You're a first year, right?"

Rose rolled her eyes. "yeah" she said.

"Second." He smiled, still feeling weird saying that. It'd take awhile to get used to. "Are you liking Hogwarts so far?"

Rose shook her head. she hadn't seen any of her friends and not one of them would talk to her.

Kyle blinked, stepping slightly closer to the girl. "Why not? Aren't people being nice to you?"

Rose took a step back. "um because i mostly stick to myself" she said, turning to pick up her art work.

Kyle nodded. "Fair enough." He sensed the girl's hostility, taking a step backwards. "Well, it was nice meeting you!" He said cheerily, ever polite.

She nodded. "yeah you to" she said.

Kyle left the girl to herself, continuing his walk along the lakefront.

Rose watched him go then started to talk to the roses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back