Kara Munn

Future Potioneer in Blue 💙🦅
OOC First Name
Harleigh
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Kara had never been to a ball before let alone any kind of dance, but she had prepared for The Yule Ball. After owling her mother back and forth over the last month, she sent her a lovely blue gown. Dresses weren't something that Kara wore often and she would never admit that she liked wearing them, but they always made her feel more confident. She loved the winter theme and found the snow added a special touch of magic to the evening. There was so many food options, a big dance floor, and presents that Kara didn't know where to start first. Deciding to look around for her friends, Kara made her way through the crowd of students waiting for a familiar face in the crowd.

Smoothing her dress down, Nicole stepped into the ball, sparing a moment to let herself get swept up in the atmosphere. This sort of thing was just what she'd been hoping school would be like, with stunning balls and events all the time. Nicole knew she needed to find Iris and Jenna in here somewhere, but she couldn't help but want to wander around just a little bit, admiring all the pretty dresses and enjoying the festive atmosphere. She thought the snow was a little funny in Christmas time, used to summertime holidays, but she couldn't denied it added an extra romantic elegance to the hall as it fell over the dance floor. Stepping past an older student in what might be considered questionably tall high heels, Nicole lit up when she spotted Kara nearby, making her way over to her and enjoying the feeling of her dress fluttering around her legs. "Kara, wow you look so stunning, blue suits you perfectly," She gushed, fidgeting with her hair as she reached the other girl. Maybe she should have done more with hers, Kara's lovely blond hair looked lovely and Nicole wondered if it was just naturally like that or if she spent time on it. "Are you here with anyone?" Nicole didn't want people to think she was here without any friends, especially since she had plans to meet up with people already, that'd be so embarrassing.

Kara's eyes lit up and a smile plastered her face when she saw Nicole. Her cheeks turned bright pink from the compliment. "Thank you, Nicole. I love your dress too!" She said looking at her friend's outfit of choice. It was definitely weird to see everybody so dressed up, but something about it made her heart flutter with joy. "No, I had been so busy studying I forgot to make actual plans with somebody." Her mind shifted to the library with Daniel, she should've asked him if he wanted to go. In truth, Kara thought about it several times, but she didn't want everybody to think they were together or something. Boys have cooties right? She didn't mind being friends with boys, but dancing with one? That's just for romance movies. Kara tried to shake the thought from her mind. "What about you?" Kara asked.

Nicole smiled, waving a hand when Kara returned the compliment. She'd loved the dress when she picked it out, but she couldn't tell in her dorm lighting if the pink was a bit too pink now and was having doubts. But at least Kara was sweet about it, she appreciated it. "Wow, you really are a Ravenclaw," She said giggling. Nicole had liked the idea of studying and exams and everything, it all felt very grown up and productive, but she'd found in practice is was a bit tedious and had been looking forward to it all finally being over with. "I can't imagine being so caught up in it you could forget, I've been looking forward to all these dances for awhile, big events are exciting," She said, taken for a moment by what appeared to be a pair of turtle doves fluttering to a nearby Christmas Tree. "I'm supposed to meet up with Jenna and Iris, but I wanted to look around a little bit. I swear the school feels so much bigger when everyone's all dressed up." The hall seemed to be awash with different coloured gowns and jackets, the whole scene looking that extra bit magical under the enchanted ceiling. It really was all quite glamourous.

Kara’s cheeks flushed with embarrassment again. She really was a Ravenclaw. At a young age, Kara showed a passion and desire for learning. She often asked questions about how things worked and what things were. Studying had been important to Kara ever since she started school, especially with how much her dad pushed it. Her dad spent a lot of time helping her with ways to remember vocabulary words or different ways to solve problems. In her mind, Kara never understood the big fuss about dances, but she had always wanted to participate. Kara shrugged it off with a smile. “It’s very beautiful here. I love the snow.” She said looking up towards the disappearing snowflakes. “It’s definitely harder to find people, so used to seeing everyone in their uniforms most of the time.” Kara looked around again for familiar faces. "I was going to grab some food, but I also wanted to look around first. There is just so much to look at!"

"The snow is gorgeous! Though it would be pretty fun to have a summer-y ball theme too one year," She said, glancing back up at the enchanted ceiling when Kara mentioned it. Nicole had never really seen real snow, and while realistically she figured magical snow was probably better, she had to say the idea of standing in the real thing one day was terribly romantic sounding.

At the mention of food, Nicole realized she'd been so focused getting ready, she'd forgotten that they hadn't done a proper dinner tonight. Figures she'd make fun of Kara for forgetting the ball when she forgot to eat. "Oh same. I'm a little scared of getting food on my dress or something, it'd be so embarrassing," Without her dad around to help charm the mess off her clothes, Nicole had been terrified of stains until they learnt the charm themselves, especially with all the ink they used in class. Ink and white shirts with a bunch of kids was such a recipe for disaster. "I wonder what sort of things the presents are," She mused, glancing around and focusing on one of the trees nearby. "Are there rules about when you take them or open them I wonder?" Nicole didn't want to get in trouble or look silly for opening one in the hall if you were supposed to wait or something. Or maybe the gifts were lame and no one who was actually cool bothered with them. Nicole made a note to keep an eye on some of the older students and see what they did as the night went on.

Kara wondered for a moment was a summer-themed ball would look like, but could only imagine sand everywhere, giant beach balls, and people dressed in scuba gear and sundresses. She laughed at the idea. "Can you imagine what people would wear?" Kara looked at the ceiling, still fixated on the faux snow. "I don't think you'll get anything on your dress. Besides, I am sure an older student could use a cleanup spell." She envied the older students, she wanted to know all of the magic. Kara glanced at the gifts as Nicole mentioned them. She had forgotten about them. "Probably take them whenever. Headmistress didn't specify otherwise." Kara recalled, curious as to what's inside of the boxes. "I might go check them out and see what I get.' She shrugged.

Nicole smiled when Kara laughed, even if she hadn't quite been trying to be funny. "Look, I'm just saying a school beach party at the lake for Yule one year would be pretty amazing. Though I dunno if I wanna wear togs in front of the whole school if I don't have to," She mused. Nicole was pretty pale and the idea of anyone teasing her about it made her nervous. Maybe it was better to stick with the winter-y theme even if it wasn't season appropriate.

"I'd die if I had to ask someone for help like a little kid though," She said with a laugh when Kara. Kara was probably right though about not making a mess, and some of the snacks she'd seen on the tables near by looked really good. "Oh, that reminds me, here," She said, digging into her bag and pulling out one of her chocolate galleons. She'd gotten a bunch for her friends, and she figured Kara definitely counted. "Happy holidays," She said smiling as she handed it over. "I dunno about the presents though.. Should we just go grab one? I'll go if you do." She said, taking a few steps over to one of the nearby trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back