OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2" Sturdy Black Walnut Wand with Basilisk Skin Core
Branson had thought that he might go to the valentines celebration with Lily but it seemed that she was a little busy and therefore was unable to go along, but he didn’t mind that at all. He could go himself, he didn’t someone to go with him. It was nice to have her around and she was a good comfort to him, but of course he could do things himself, and he’d slipped a book into his suit jacket - well hidden - just in case he grew bored but wanted to stick around in the room. Bran moved about the hall and was glancing between the different people, it was a different energy than in the last two events, but he guessed that that would obviously be the case. He wandered to the edge of the dance floor with a drink in a hand hoping to go out and join the people dancing but not quite wanting to dance alone.

Isaiah didn't care much for valentine's yet, he was way too young for all that lovey dovey stuff anyways but that didn't mean he was going to keep himself from attending the party. These dances and whatever they were felt like a welcome relief from all the studying going on in this place, he had a tendency to forget the castle was actually a school, and he was totally going to make every second of them count. Zay had put on a simple white shirt and a tie, deciding that even if he wasn't going for any of the actual valentine's day stuff he was going to be around all night so he might as well look sharp. As he entered the hall he didn't spot too many familiar faces yet, but he did see a kid he thought he'd seen around some of his friends before so he figured that sort of counted. "Sup dude!" Isaiah happily greeted the other boy when he reached him. "You look like you wanna dance yet you're not dancing." He stated matter-of-factly, yet in a light tone as he noticed the boy eyeing some of the kids on the dancefloor. "Why?"

Indi didn’t think very highly of Valentine’s day as a concept. She thought the holiday was a bit dumb and definitely superficial, and she found it interesting that a magic school would even celebrate it in the first place. But in the end she decided to check out the dance to see what it was all about. She made a little effort to dress up, it was a dance after all, and she stuck to the outside of the crowd looking for someone she knew and who might make this night not totally boring. Eventually she spotted Branson and Isaiah talking about something and she figured they were better than nothing. She thought Branson was cool, and while she had gone on a bit of an adventure with Isaiah in the forest she wasn’t sure how she felt about him yet. “What are you guys talking about?” asked as she popped up next to them.

Branson glanced at the boy who greeted him. He didn't know him but they did share some classes. he smiled lightly at him and then nodded, but then had been about to reply when Indira approached them. He gave her a slightly bigger smile than he had given the boy because he knew Indira better than he knew this guy. "He was asking me I wasn't dancing when I wanted to," bran said and then gave a little shrug, "I think it's mostly because I don't have anyone to dance with and I'm not that good at dancing alone.." he didn't want to say that he'd feel lonely about it, that it would just be a bit sad in his mind to dance alone.

Isaiah nodded when Indi joined them and the other boy, who he had to admit he didn't even really know by name, quickly answered her question. It didn't go unnoticed to him that he had seemed more happy to greet her than he had with him though, so he figured they'd know each other perhaps better than both of them knew him. He couldn't be bothered by that though, even if he was still not sure whether Indi even liked him or just thought he was annoying. "Well since we're here now we can all go dance together! If you're in?" Zay offered as he looked at both at them for a second, as energetic as always and with very little sense of embarassment when it came to showing his dance moves. "I mean I don't wanna brag but I've got some pretty sick moves." He laughed, well aware that he was an absolutely terrible dancer. Rhythm? Yes. Dance skill? Zero to none.

Indi frowned when Bran said they were talking about dancing. It made sense, they were at a dance after all. “Well I guess that's not a bad reason not to dance.” she shrugged. She didn’t really want to dance, even if she did have a partner but she had to agree that dancing alone would be even worse. Indi’s eyes widened as Isaiah said they could all dance together. She had not agreed to that, but before she could protest he continued and mentioned being able to dance. She had an idea and smirked. “I think I need a demonstration before I agree to that.” she said thoughtfully, and crossed her arms over her chest as she waited expectantly.

Branson was relieved that enither of them wanted to make the jokes that she knew they could've made of him. What they could've been like knowing he didn't want to dance alone. But he gave a little smile as Indira seemed to agree with him, he thought it was quite reasonable. But where he would've been happy to dance with indira and this boy, it seemed with Indira's words that maybe she didn't want to dance. "Yeah, let's see before we decide.." he agreed with her. he didn't know Indira that much better than he knew the boy but he did know her better and he could imagine that the boy wouldn't mind showing his dancing off a little bit.

Isaiah wasn't too surprised by Indi's response, knowing he had gotten himself into this so he'd have to go through with it as well. He didn't care too much if he'd be dancing alone though, even when he knew his moved were absolutely terrible. "Remember that you asked for this yourselves. I do hope you're not easily embarrassed." He laughed as he looked from one to the other again before stepping back a little, creating some space between him and the other two. Zay took a second to get a feeling of the music, which seemed pretty slow for most of the moves he got in his arsenal. It'd have to do though and without even an ounce of shame he started showing off a couple of the silly muggle dance moves one of his friends back at home had told him. "I think this one is called the.. sprin.. kler.. or something." He managed to get out inbetween laughs as he performed the move with full confidence, definitely having fun with it. After another move or two he took a little bow, indicating the end of his demonstration.. "So," Isaiah smiled sheepishly as he smoothed down his shirt. "I figure the positive of dancing next to me is that even if you're not a good dancer, you'll instantly look like one in comparison."

Indi’s mischievous grin widened as Bran played along. Thankfully Isaiah didn’t seem to be the kind of person who cared about what others thought, or at least pretended not to. He was good natured about the idea and shot them a warning. “Not at all. I’m ready to see these moves.” she answered, sounding perfectly at ease. It wasn’t like she was going to be the one dancing. Indi managed to keep a straight face as Isaiah started to dance but she did have to bite her lip at one point. “Impressive.” she choked out. “Do you know the running man?” she asked before laughing. “You’re not wrong. You’re definitely...eye catching.” she said with a smile.

Branson was actually quite pleased he'd gone with Indira and gotten the boy to dance first. Mostly it was quite entertaining and branson couldn't help the little msile that graced his features. He didn't think it was the best dancing but it was quite cool. He laughed easily at the boy's final comparison, but knew that it was somewhat right. He wished in part that he could be as carefree about his dancing as this boy was. He glanced at Indira and was a little confused about what the running man was but nodded in agreement. "I think that was a solid argument for dancing." but he didn't know what the running man was, "I don't know what the running man is,"

Isaiah was pretty pleased with the fact that he at least seemed to have entertain the two with his dumb dance moves. Making people laugh was always a positive in his book. "Yeah, dude!" He agreed with the other boy when he mentioned his demonstration had been a solid argument to all go dancing. "I'm Zay, by the way." He said as he put out his fist for the boy to bump, snorting at his own unintentional rhyme. He was sure he'd seen the boy before and that they even had some mutual friends, but he also knew he had never introduced himself to him. "For sure!" He nodded at Indi when she asked about the running man. Sure, he was as terrible at that move as he was at all the others but he did know it. Zay smiled at the boy when he said he didn't. "Well if you guys wanna go dance I'd be happy to show you. Or maybe Indi can!" He laughed, before looking over at Indi. "You can't possibly be a worse dancer than I am, right?"

Indi glanced at Bran and wondered if he would actually start dancing. She wouldn’t stop him but she wasn’t likely to join them either. “Well now you do.” she said, nodding as Zay started to dance again. She was surprised by how much she was actually enjoying herself. She felt a little bad that it was at the expense of someone she was friendly with but it wasn’t like he seemed to mind. “I don’t think so. You’re doing a great job.” Indi said quickly when Zay suggested she show off the dance move and she regretted ever suggesting anything. “No, defiantly not the worst dancer.” she admitted, thinking of some of the boys at her old school who were much much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back