Unknown
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 11 1/2" Sturdy Spruce Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
</SIZE>
<SIZE size="50">Freddie was finding his way about the school easily, it made sense this was the end of his fourth year, but he was making his way outside, where he could spend some time in the warm spring air. He didn't want to study, he'd spent an hour doing so prior to heading outside and he didn't think he would need to study too much in any case, studying wouldn't affect him much. he was good at some classes and he stuck to them, he didn't need to mix in other classes or subjects that he knew he couldn't do. There was no sense in that. The teen found his way to a spot outside where he could just relax in the sun. He put down his wampus robes and lay down looking up at the sky. From within one of the pockets a little owl emerged, clearly a young owl. He had always good with animals, and he liked animals more than he liked people, especially his little owl. Brand new and still too young to really be able to deliver mail, but Freddie had been asked by the care of magical creatures professor for a project to look after the little thing, so he was happily. Together on the grounds he could just enjoy the sunshine, he could watch the little thing fly around and gain some strength. He was forming a bond with it, he knew would make it difficult to give the little guy up but it would be okay. Maybe after school he could raise owls or something. He knew he wanted to do something with animals, that was for certain, but there was time to decide and make plans for the future, for now he was happy to sit watching his little owlet.​

Even though exams were just around the corner, Jeong was having a pretty chill time at school. It helped that he didn't really care much about exams and schoolwork, finding it a lot more interesting to find ways to have as much fun as possible at school. He usually spent time with his friends, as he had many of those. Not really one to stick to one group, Jeong was good at blending in with several different groups. Some students found him odd, and he sort of embraced that. It made it less appealing to make fun of him for it, after all. Lately he had been spending a lot of time with Cedar, one of the guys in his house and year. Cedar was cute, and they flirted sometimes, but Jeong was unwilling to consider more than that right now.

He walked outside, as he enjoyed being outside the most. He loved the winter and snow the best, but he had to admit that spring sunshine wasn't half bad either. As he walked, he noticed a boy lying down and looking at the sky. That was a pretty good idea. But then he noticed something else, a small, tiny owl fluttering around him. Without thinking, Jeong moved closer. "Aww!" He said, enchanted by the cute animal. "Is that a baby owl? It's absolutely adorable."

Freddie enjoyed it as the owlet began flying around. It was a little thing, just able to fly a little but he knew he would have to catch it soon, but for now the creature was just happy to flutter happily above him, a little hoot from the tiny bird every so often. The boy was keeping all his attention on it, not wanting to lose the little creature. It was of course the cutest thing ever. He had always forgotten how cute they were. However, it did mean when he heard a little aww, which was more than appropriate for the little creature flying around he was a little startled. The younger boy sat up and held out his hand for the owlet to stop and settle a bit. If he was talking to someone else he might be a little more distracted and the owlet might get hurt, "It is!" freddie replied to the boy who asked, "She's old enough to be out and about, but still little!" he spoke fondly of the creature, since he always found creatures a little easier to get along with than people, but with an animal people were easier too, "Do you want to hold her?" Freddie offered to the older boy, most people wanted to hold the little creatures or touch them, and this little owlet loved the attention. He could tell that the owlet was a little shy, but clearly curious too. "She won't bite," he encouraged.

The fluttering owl was almost impossible for Jeong to look away from. Too cute to resist. Jeong forced himself to look at the boy too, as he didn't want to be rude. He knew everyone in his own year or even the year below, but this boy he had never talked to. "That's so cute! I'm jealous." He said with a small sigh. "what's her name?" When the boy asked if he wanted to hold the owl, Jeong nodded nearly fast enough to knock his glasses from his head. "Yes please!" He said, holding out his hands. "I won't bite either." He joked, giving the boy a smile. "What's your name?"

Freddie nodded happy, agreeing so entirely that it was so cute, "She doesn't have one yet, I'm supposed to name her, but I can't pick," he looked back at the owl, "Plus whenever I get close, she's not happy either," the boy grinned more so at the owl than the other boy. He did eventually look up when the other boy said yes to holding the owlet. Freddie nodded and moved his hands and held them to were the other boy's hands were and gently encouraged the owl to step across, which it did, "Don't worry about moving, she's all good with that, she's flying now and everything," Freddie said before nodding, "I'm Freddie, what's your name?" he asked with a curious expression, perhaps if he just always had an animal with him it would be easier to meet and talk to people. It was a good barrier, allowing him to interact with other people, and it was certainly just good for a little conversation with a boy a little older than him.​

Jeong was fascinated by the owl, but he managed a smile at the young boy too. "Oh! Can I help?" He asked eagerly, flapping his hand in excitement at the idea. "I could help you think of a good owl name. It's a girl right?" He asked as he took the tiny owl from the other boy. An excited gasp escaped him as the owlet hopped over to his hands, and he grinned widely at the adorable creature. He leaned in close, seeming not afraid of her beak. "Aww, you're so sweet!" He said excitedly. Then it registered that the boy had asked him a question. With difficulty, he looked away from the owl to look at Freddie. "Hi Freddie, I'm Jeong." He said, then smiled brightly. "Maybe that's a good name for an owl, though this one's a lady so maybe for a different owl. If you have more." Perhaps this boy had a larger supply of baby owls. In that case, he was definitely someone Jeong wanted to befriend.

It would be a lie to say that Freddie hadn't actually wanted the help of someone else to name the owl, since for all the things he was good at naming was not one, he'd be likely to call it Owlie, and after several owls he'd run into problems with that. So he nodded at the boy, Jeong, "I'd love the help!" the boy agreed with a shared excitement. He was careful about placing the little thing in the other boy's hands, but the owl was perfectly safe and it seemed that this boy would be gentle with it. Certainly the boy was enamoured with it in a way that Freddie knew meant he would never intentionally hurt the wee thing. He did consider the boy's name for the owl, but it was a female owl, and though Freddie knew that placing gender stereotypes like what name goes with what on an owl was maybe a bit unfair, he just didn't think she looked like a Jeong, and maybe the next owl would. "Oh maybe, I'm not sure it suits her," he said, at least trying the name, "What do you think Jeong?" he was looking at the owl, but the owl didn't respond or acknowledge him at her, so not the worst reaction to a name, but not a positive one either. "Don't think she's happy with it, perhaps the next little owlet that comes along, she's got a brother who might suit it, he's still a bit weak right now," the boy told him. It was very clear that freddie loved owls and was very involved with them. "Any other suggestions? I'm not particularly good at naming things," he said with a shrug, he could do everything but.​

Even though Jeong really wanted to help this boy, he didn't really know how. He wasn't very good at thinking of names. This was something he was now discovering. It wasn't the best timing for that. He nodded in agreement about Jeong not being the right fit, and went over other names in his head. "Well, Cedar is my best friend's name but I don't think that's a fit either." He said as he pondered it. "But he has a little sister named Acacia. Maybe that's a cute name?" He would tell Cedar he suggested it when he told him about this encounter. Surely, Cedar would appreciate that. "I'm not very good at it either... I'm just naming people I know." He admitted with a small laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back