Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
pansexual
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Sturdy Oak Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Being a veela had its perks, part of which was that if anyone decided to dress up as a veela for the funnies, Chrys would have been highly offended, but given that he, himself, was a veela, he saw absolutely no harm in playing it up a little. He could say whatever he wanted about veela and who was anyone to question it really? If he wanted to say the sparkled in the light, who were they to tell him any different? After all, he was the one with the veela grandmother who still looked incredible at her age. He didn't think veela were immortal, but dang, they sure knew how to keep themselves fresh. As a bit of fun, Chrys had used a mix of magical and muggle means to incorporate different features into his outfit. He had one of his mothers old dresses sent over, the one she wore to visit her mother and had altered it so that it would fit him, though he was something of a flat chested veela. Full veela, were always female, and so were the majority of half veela, it was the veela born later down the line that started to lose the potency, as it were. He'd created a pretty convincing blonde wig and his Uncle had helped him with a lot of the more intricate spell work, since it was important to really get it right. Glitter and some light spells were what completed the look and it helped that Chrys found little shame in dressing up as a girl, since he really couldn't have cared less what most people thought of him anyway. Stepping into the great hall, the lights hitting the glitter on his face and body in the best way, Chrys scanned the room to see if he knew anyone. Some of his friends were here, though all of them appeared to be engaged in conversations with others and so, choosing to ignore whatever was going on with his brothers costume, he knew Uncle Hamish had obviously helped with that, Chrys headed out to the dance floor to get his dancing on, since again, he couldn't have cared less what people thought. He also happened to be a decent dancer, he had an older sister who was super into it, of course he could dance.​

Elio had spotted Chrys from half way across the hall, because really he stood out amongst even a crowd of students dressed in costume of that dress and wig combo. The Gryffindor hadn't been planning to come to the Halloween feast at all although after speaking to the Hufflepuff, Elio was making more of an effort to do something outside of the dorms for himself and this had seemed like the best option. After talking to a few of his friends, he knew he had to head back to Rowan, although he couldn't help the glance to the sixth year on the way out, which included a failed attempt to keep a smirk off his face. The prefect didn't stop on his way out though, hoping that Chrys had a good evening and no doubt he'd end up seeing in class soon. Man, he'd wished he'd brought his camera.

Chrys didn't usually spend his time watching others, he was usually much too self-absorbed for that, but given he'd been watching the exit to see if Jemima would show up so he could keep her company if necessary, it hadn't been difficult to spot Elio heading out. He stood out amongst the people in costume since he wasn't in one. Chrys liked to think he'd notice Elio anyway, but it was anyone's guess. He hadn't spoken a lot to the Gryffindor since they'd spoken in the Owlery, but he thought now might be a good time to check up on him. He danced his way to the end of the dance group and quickly moved away from the dance floor and headed over to the double doors, glitter leaving a tiny bit of a trail along behind him wherever he moved. The high heels he'd inevitably decided to go with were already killing his feet and as he reached Elio and used him to balance himself as he bent down to kick his shoes off.​

Ah, like a moth to a flame. Elio had about to round the corner when he felt someone holding on to his arm. The Gryffindor genuinely thought Chrys had been pretty wrapped up in what he was doing that he was surprised to see that not only had he caught him leaving but he’d also caught him leaving. Elio half turned to peer at the Hufflepuff, chuckling at the height of the heels he was wearing as though Chrys needed to be any taller. “So even the most hypnotising magical beings can be found weak at the knees?” He grinned, running a free hand through his own hair as Chrys tried to make himself more comfortable, “Oh how the mighty have fallen.” It had always been easy to talk and joke with Chrys, now more than ever, and so teasing always seemed to come smoothly rolling off his tongue. Elio wasn’t sure what Chrys was going to ask, if anything, but everyone knew this Zephyr didn’t dance, and he had no intention of changing that now.

As Chrys carefully used Elio for balance as he reached down to pull his shoes off. Aleks had big feet obviously, only way his feet could fit in her shoes since he didn't exactly have dainty feet. He was still removing his shoes when Elio saw fit to grace him with a line and he looked up at Elio trying to hold in a snort. "Mate, you've never met hypnotising if you think I'm it," he said, quickly kicking off his other shoe and picking them up. "I feel like I should be doing a walk of shame right now," he said, looking down at his now shoeless feet. "I also love that you've called me mighty, so thanks for that, just so you know that's how I'll be introducing myself to people now, hi, I'm the Mighty Chrys and if you don't believe me you can ask Elio Zephyr, he'll confirm it for you," he said with a laugh, moving to lean on Elio's shoulder, meaning he had to crouch slightly since he was taller, leaning his chin on his hand on Elio's shoulder. This brought his mouth close to Elio's ear, which was entirely on purpose. "Leaving so soon, are your twenty minutes up already?" He asked, tilting his head and biting his lip lightly to try and keep Elio's attention on him.​

Elio stood rooted to the spot as Chrys was taking off his shoes, not actually wanting him to lose balance, Elio wasn't mean. "Part veela or not, I think we both know that not entirely true." It depended on the definition of hypnotised, but it was obvious Chrys had the blood in his veins. The prefect hadn't intended on raising the Hufflepuff's ego either, and smirked when he said he was changing the way he introduced himself. "Please do that, just so I can see the look on other people's faces." His eyes followed Chrys as he moved to position himself on his shoulder, knowing full well that Chrys was trying to be alluring as possible and that it had nothing to do with his costume, although it would have made a decent disguise. Elio turned his head to look into the Hufflepuff's face, which was alarmingly close to his own, doing everything he could to stay on track, "Actually yes. Twenty minutes can go by in a flash when you've got a lot of distractions around you," it had been fun to get out and see his friends, but it had been the quickest twenty minutes of his day by far because of everything around him.

"You haven't met my Grandma." Chrys told Elio pointedly, though he wasn't really here to argue the specifics of veela charms, particularly since, technically speaking, Chrys didn't have any. Though he was sure, given their... friendship, Elio would disagree. Chrys' ego was already inflated just based off of who he was, but it had to admit he enjoyed the banter he got into with the older teen, since he just felt comfortable around Elio, at least enough to know that the things they said in jest weren't meant to be taken with any malice. There were some things he'd said to Elio, he'd never say to someone else, and vice versa. Elio said things to him he'd probably get offended by if they came from anyone else. He wasn't quite sure how he'd developed this easy back and forth with the Gryffindor, but however it had happened, he intended to milk it for all it had. "My sister is going to hate it," he whined lightly, then grinned. "So obviously I'm gonna do it. Jem hating things spurs me on." He said, taking a quick moment to scan the area around him to see if she was within earshot. She didn't seem to be, but because he was talking to Elio and most of what they said to each other could be interpreted in a multitude of different ways, he didn't fancy having to chat to her about any of it. What a boring night that would become? Chrys didn't move his head from where it rested on Elio's shoulder on top of his hand as Elio all but told him he was intending to leave. Chrys was pretty sure he knew why, which was why, of all the things he could talk to Elio about, Rowan was never one of them. His time away from the dorms was supposed to be about him, not his brunette and if Chrys could help remind him of that, he would. Chrys stood up from his leaning and stepped behind Elio, bringing his arms down around Elio and pressing closely to him. "I haven't even begun to try." He said, leaning down to whisper into the Prefects ear.​

It was true, Elio had not met Chrys' grandma. "Do I want to?" he asked rhetorically. He hadn't met any of Chrys' family asides from Uncle Hammy although Elio had toyed with the idea of calling the Professor this too just to see if he could get away with it. The prefect said nothing as Chrys mentioned tormenting his sister. Honestly Elio just wasn't close enough to Isla to feel as though he could get away with doing something like that, and really the fact that Chrys was comfortable joking with her was only an indication again of how close their family was. By the looks of things, many things spurred Chrys on although as he moved round behind Elio he tensed up a little. Ever since he'd been out with Ava and their day out had taken an unpleasant turn, he was more aware than ever of how close to people he was becoming. He'd not even hugged Alice a few moments ago the way he would have at a previous event, but it was only now that it occurred to him. Then again, this was Chrys. Elio was more aware than ever that he could have lead on his friends, since twice now there had been misunderstandings between what they had, made more difficult by his relationship with Rowan not that that had any titles or limitations for either of them. What Elio had with Chrys wasn't like anything he had with any of his friends though, but it didn't help the Gryffindor to make sense of it. He sighed, not really able to move, stuck between wanting to understand his brain and not wanting to ruin a fun moment. Not to mention he did need to get back to find Rowan too. "You're gonna have to do more than that if you want keep me," Elio mused, eventually coming back to his sense although he still made very little effort to leave.

Chrys shrugged at Elio when he asked if he wanted to meet his grandmother. "Depends on if you want to feel old and haggard standing next to a one hundred year old woman." He said, raising an eyebrow. His Grandmother, for all her worth, looked younger than he did and he looked his age. It was terribly humbling. Chrys could only hope he was blessed with the part of her veela genetics, though he doubted it. If anyone got that, he'd wager it was Elsa. He enjoyed visiting his Grandmother, though he didn't quite understand most of the things she said. She had a strange thing about constantly talking in riddles. It was maddening. He knew she'd been old when his mum and extended family had been born, but wow. That thought brought Donna to the front of his mind. She was his cousin on his mothers side, but she somehow looked more like Chrys, which meant Chrys looked more like his mum probably. It was about then that he thought he felt Elio tense up and it made him immediately stop what he was doing because, despite Chrys' outward demeanour, if he was actually making Elio uncomfortable, he didn't want to force Elio to play his games. It was one thing to mess about for the duel, but with the way his mind had been lately, perhaps he should be leaving well enough alone. Elio made no efforts to pull away though, despite Chrys' loosened grip to allow him to do so and so Chrys tightened his hold a little again, grinning though he wasn't sure if Elio could see it. "You're welcome to leave whenever you want," he said, patting Elio lightly on the chest as he hung over him, letting his body droop into Elio slightly, not letting the whole of his weight go, but enough that Elio would probably have to brace a little. "But you'll have to take me with you, it appears I've become somewhat attached to you for the moment," he added with a little wink, which he'd leaned around to ensure Elio would see it.​

Elio had not once imagined himself old and haggard and he didn't even want to think about what he'd look like when he was older. The prefect liked to think he was going to age like a fine wine, so maybe it was best he didn't stand next to anyone that pushed him into his future at just sixteen. He felt Chrys relax around him, at least briefly, although surprised once again when he felt his body weight shift onto him even more. Apparently students had a thing about leaning against Elio, and it wasn't the first time it had taken him by surprise. Honestly at Chrys' comment, he knew he should have been making the most of his company, he didn't know what in store for either of them beyond that Elio would be back to silence for the foreseeable future as his majority. That being said, he couldn't just leave Rowan, not when he'd told her he'd not leave her for long. His twenty minutes outside to do what he needed to do was meant to be a bonus not a liberty. "If you really want to leave the dance, you're welcome to," Elio raised his eyebrows at Chrys as the boy winked at him, "But first, I'm only going back to the common room so you only have five floors left of me at the moment, and secondly." Elio pointed to shoes on the ground, "if you put those back on you can stay here." Elio was half joking but he didn't want to feel even smaller by the Hufflepuff towering over him. "You can keep the wig though, you suit it long," he grinned, moving his head forward to give him the briefest of kisses they'd had between them so far, before pulling out of his arms and making off for the first floor.

Chrys couldn’t say outright that he actually cared about what Elio thought of him, because in a million different ways, he didn’t, but still, even knowing that he wasn’t the sort of person who put much stock in what others opinion of him was, he was pretty sure he’d be atleast a little devastated if Elio suddenly decided he didn’t want to play games anymore. But he wouldn’t actually tell Elio that, he had to remain aloof and unattached. Elio telling Chrys was to do was both amusing, and exciting and honestly if there had been any real reason to stay, he probably would have, but he could come back later, it was still early. Any time Elio spent outside of his dorm was good in Chrys’ opinion even if it was on his way to the dorm. It would give Chrys a chance to maybe distract Elio enough to let the walk take longer. It wasn’t that he wasn’t also worried about Rowan, he hadn’t seen her to make any judgment on her condition, but he also truely believed that were she able to understand the complexities of Elio’s emotional state right now, she’d agree with him. As Elio told him that the shoes were to stay, he lift his hands in the defensive, “of course, who even needs shoes,” and he was taller than Elio without the added extra’s. He stuck his tongue out of the side of his mouth as Elio told him he could keep the wig though and laughed. “Like long hair do you? I see now it all comes out.” He said, loosening his grip as Elio kissed him soft and quickly before making a break for the double doors of the hall. Chrys laughed as he went, following along behind as he gave a last look at Alek’s shoes. Hopefully they would be there when he got back.​

Chrys had managed to break walls in Elio that he hadn't known were possible, and honestly it both confused him and made him nervous why he tried to figure out how he'd done it. In his mind, the Gryffindor tried to keep him reasonably separate from other things in his life which was difficult at times, although when he did get a chance to be around Chrys it also made it more of a distraction from his usual routines. He chuckled as the Hufflepuff took his joke in good jest, unlike some he found that Chrys more or less understood what he meant first time, he'd never had to explain himself. Elio hadn't been around enough people to know if long hair was actually something he liked, but wig or not he still found himself drawn to Chrys. He rolled his eyes playfully before darting up the corridor, turning to walk backwards and see that he was being followed. Elio had half a mind to think Chrys would have left him, caught up with him the following day but instead it seemed as though he was going to make the most of those seven floors as well. "You're not the only one with a magnet," he winked, calling out as he'd managed to get a few meters away from the Hufflepuff, although he'd have to trust himself and Chrys to warn him if he was about to walk into someone. Elio turned again and headed towards one of the staircases, leaping onto it as it began to move from one floor to the next. With six years practise he was used to the movement of the stairs, although finding an alternative route upwards was always interesting. He could have sworn, Slytherin's didn't understand how easy they had it.

Running barefoot through the castle wasn't something Chrys had done before. Running barefoot, sure, he was almost always barefoot at home unless he was leaving the house, but running barefoot through a castle, chasing after someone was not something he was accustomed to. Normally he liked to keep his shoes on, but they were incredibly uncomfortable and he could absolutely move a lot better in this dress without them. The silky blue thing was comfy enough, but he definitely missed his pants. Elio didn't seem to want to wait for him and so Chrys was content to just follow after him. If it kept his mind off of Rowan, even for a moment, that was a good thing in his opinion. It wasn't that Chrys didn't like Rowan, of course he did, he was friends with both twins, but he could see the toll that looking after Rowan's interests was taking on him and he hoped that his advice for the twenty minutes was actually helpful, because he knew how important it was too look after yourself when you were busy looking after other people. He knew it seemed strange coming from him, someone who barely gave others the time of day unless he was getting something he wanted, but the point was that he knew a little about this and in the moment he'd had the urge to give Elio something he thought he needed, and that was what had happened. Hopefully it helped. At Elio's next comment, Chrys raised a surprised eyebrow, his mind immediately dropping right into the gutter, but he didn't let it phase him too much and shrugged. Well, he tried to act as nonchalant as he could, though it was a bit difficult given the dramatic effect of every time he moved the dress he was wearing liked to swish and hug his body. He ws beginning to understand why his veela kin liked it so much. Watching it long enough made it seem quite hypnotising. "I mean, you literally called me hypnotic," he said, staying close enough to Elio to be seen, and raising an eyebrow when the staircase he was on started to move. Frowning, he looked at one of the banisters and turned on his heel, quickly stepping over to it and climbing up on the banister. He had no fear of heights and was used to climbing along tiny beams from when he did gymnastics as a child. He'd been quite good too, though it had been a few years. He reached across for one of the higher levels and swung himself up onto it, sitting on the side and winking at Elio before dropping his feet into the slated supports and dangling upside down. The dress clung to his skin amazingly, and somehow managed to give him a lot of support to move. Veela certainly knew how to design clothes.​

Elio was debating whether or not once they made it to the Gryffindor common room, whether to ask Rowan and Chrys if they wanted to see each other. He knew they were friends too, and it could have been good for them to actually meet, even if it meant Rowan leaving the dorm for a few minutes. The Gryffindor was stood on the staircase watching Chrys, and mirrored back his own shrug. He had just called him that and he wasn't wrong, not that Elio was going to raise his ego even more in that moment. Chrys at that time then jumped up onto the edge of rail that ran alongside the staircase, walking across it before clambering onto a higher beam. Elio was both impressed at his agility and ability to do that in a dress, while also aware of the students around them. Elio loved climbing, always had, and he'd be a hypocrite to say that Chrys shouldn't be doing that given his own past. The prefect had no qualms about Chrys' strength but that wasn't what was concerning, it was passing first years that would want to try it too. "Good god, you're going to lose your hair," he sniggered, just waiting for the blonde lengths to gently detach themselves, and cascade towards some poor unsuspecting student down below. "Apparently you're not just part veela then? You're part monkey too," Elio grinned, moving up another flight of stairs himself. "Show off," he mumbled under his breath as he got close enough, purposely loud enough for the boy to hear him. Elio took off, taking the stairs two at a time, and once reaching the top he paused to see whether he was still being followed, a little out of breath but nothing too bad. Only four flights to go.

Though he was aware of the younger students still coming and going across the stairs, some of them first years if the looks of dread on their faces were anything to go by, Chrys wasn't all that worried about them thinking this was a particularly safe or smart thing to do. Chrys had established many years ago that he was not the intelligent Kaster. He left that to his far better brother Ben. He took more after his mother in most aspects, and that wasn't him saying that his mother was dumb, because she wasn't, she was truly gifted in charm work (a gift entirely undisposed on any of his siblings) but she wasn't the logical member of the family, that had been his dad, though, in all honesty he couldn't be sure how logical his dad was either, since he'd made some pretty questionable choices in his time. "I will not, this sh*t is stuck on with magic, babe," he said, lifting a hand to tug on the blonde wig. "What do you think this is, amateur hour?" He rolled his eyes good naturedly, honestly. "Are you a wizard or not, Elio, come on, basic stuff," he said laughing slightly as he swung himself back up to sit on the cross walk of two stairs that seemed to have reached an impasse and moving across them. "Well, I'm not human technically, so why not, could be," he said, though he was much less hairy than a monkey. "Don't let that stop you though," he added with a wink. "I mean, Elio, babe, come on, I know you don't just climb trees for fun," he said, pointedly, raising an eyebrow. He'd seen the way Elio rolled up his sleeves for Rowan. It was a point of hilarity for him that Rowan seemed so focused on Elio's arms when other parts of him were so much more pleasing to look at, like his... eyes.​

Elio snorted when Chrys told him the wig was stuck on to his head, "You wanna test that theory?" he turned, tilting his head with a mischievous smile for a moment. He supposed there must have been something that could do it although a spell hadn't been his first thought. He guessed Chrys didn't fancy growing his own hair long in a matter of seconds, but that he was sure was a possibility too. Maybe he was like Elio when it came to his hair; it much too important to be messing about with. It was a shame really that he couldn't play with it now, although that would probably make things more difficult considering Elio was still trying to leave. Elio was at the top of one of the staircases, a door behind him, although he knew from experience that there were multiple routes back to the common room and maybe this one would at least mean there'd be less passing first years to witness Chrys' antics. He pushed open the door towards the fourth floor corridor, pausing to peer over his shoulder at the Hufflepuff comment, "Excuse me!" he said loudly, although the smile on his face proved he knew Chrys was just joking. He picked up too the fact he'd just called Elio babe twice in a row, and honestly.. it was quite nice. It was different to how he would have felt had Rowan said it, although he was trying not to focus on that. "How do you know what I do for fun?" he raised his eyebrows, considering how little time they'd spent together in the grand scheme of things, there were still many things the Hufflepuff had yet to discover.

"You know I do," Chrys said as Elio asked if he wanted to test the theory. Chrys knew Elio knew what his answer was going to be, because he knew Chrys had a penchant for challenges and games and if he could make a game out of something, it would be hard to stop him doing so. If Elio was offering... "I accept!" He said, pumping a fist in the air with a chuckle and watching a couple of first years give them a strange look before hurriedly heading down the corridors. He followed Elio with his eyes as he pushed open one of the doors along the corridor, there were plenty of them and he carefully made his way nimbly down to the corridor floor himself, landing (as elegantly but not very) as he could and standing to his full height. "Babe, please, it's not like you try to hide," he said, though to simple ears his meaning could easily be lost in translation, he knew Elio would know what he meant. "Besides, I know what I'm looking at," he added, shrugging. As nonchalant as he usually was, Chrys wasn't an idiot and he wasn't born yesterday. Anyone who knew anything about Elio knew he had something of an ego, but Chrys couldn't exactly judge him for that, all the best people had ego's. He walked right past Elio through the door. "Think I'll go ahead and get some exercise. A light jog is good for the soul, so they tell me." He said, biting his lip with a small shrug. He definitely needed to jog more, vigorous exercise would help keep his mind off things. "Race you to the end?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back