Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Lesbian
Wand
Knotted 11 1/2" Sturdy Acacia Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Mazikeen would never miss the count down of final events in her schooling. She had never missed it before and she wasn’t about to start to miss them now, not when they were truly numbered. Mazikeen knew that events didn’t just dry up once you were out of school, they were just different and these last hogwarts events did mean something to her. She had always enjoyed halloween - perhaps not her favourite of the events but she had enjoyed it always. The girl knew that it was the one event where not arriving with someone was the prefered thing, but she was always just happy to be alone. For this last halloween, Mazikeen had dressed up as a Lion, it was a fairly basic costume, just a set of clothes that resembled it, a fake mane and some face paint, but as it was her last ever halloween it felt more than right to dress up as the house animal. She was making her way into the room, and quickly got herself a little snack and then went t the drinks table, she was moving around in the hopes that she might spot someone she could go speak to. Someone with whom she could spend a little bit of time. She wouldn’t mind dancing on her own - it had never been something she was bothered with but she had been rather hopeful to run into someone. She’d just wait and see.

Emilia had gone a bit differently with her costume than she usually did, adorning herself in flowers and strange makeup that made her look a bit otherworldly. She hoped it would help her feel a bit more at ease at the Halloween Feast, as it honestly still made her feel a bit nervous with everyone dressed up as scary things. The girl didn't spot any of her friends nearby and decided to make her way to the drinks table first. It was a safe vantage point to watch people from, and she could ensure she wouldn't run into Athena or Derek that way. Unfortunately, she nearly collided with a lion. "Oh, sorry." She said quickly, then recognizing the girl as Mazikeen, one of Athena's best friends. This was perhaps a little awkward, she was sure the Gryffindor was aware of the drama between her cousin and her, and equally sure she wasn't on her side. "I just wanted to get a drink." She said by way of explanation, a somewhat fake smile on her face.

Last edited:
Mazikeen wasn’t paying too much attention to where she was, or those around her, spending too much looking towards the dancers. She almost bumped into someone, or someone had also almost bumped into her. She looked at her, and it took her a little while before she noticed who it was. Emilia. She knew some of what had happened and though she was best friends with Athena, she wouldn’t get involved with any of that drama, “Sure sorry,” she said moving slightly out of the way for her. ”Maybe I can grab it for you, I’m closer?” maze was keeping her tone as light as she could, keeping it friendly and light. ”I like your costume,” she then added. She knew she was friendly with people that this girl probably didn’t like but she didn’t want that to affect her and them. She wanted to be friendly and wanted both of them to have a good evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Emilia wasn't sure what she had expected, but she was sure that Athena had turned her friends against her. So it surprised her when the girl didn't seem angry or mean to her at all. She had really built this up in her mind. "Oh, sure." She said hesitantly. 'Thank you." She blushed a bit as the girl commented on her costume, adjusting a flower. "Thank you... i like yours too." She admitted. "A lion is very fitting."

Mazikeen smiled at the girl and nodded, ”What can I grab you?” she said moving towards the drinks table and looking to place herself best to be able to grab whatever drink Emilia asked for. She nodded and blushed lightly at the compliment, ”I thought I might as well, have the last Halloween be where I dress like my house,” she said with a little shrug, ”I thought about just coming as the colour red, so, all red clothes, usual red lipstick, red hair, but in the end this seemed easier,” she said with a wide smile. She had thought about it, but this costume had been a little less effort than that would’ve been, even if it might’ve felt like the other way around. ”The flower are nice though, are they wild patch flowers?”

The longer Mazikeen was nice to her, the more awkward Emilia felt. Had she exaggerated the fight between her and Athena in her head? Or was Mazikeen simply not acknowledging it? "Pumpkin juice is fine." She said quietly. She smiled weakly at the girl's explanation of her first costume idea. "That would be funny." She said softly. She was about to comment the girl could leave it for next year, but then realized there would be no next year at Hogwarts for either of them. "Oh, no...they're fake." Emilia said, touching the flowers self-consciously. She cast a glance around for Athena, unable to help herself.

It was the first time that despite Maze’s best efforts she felt a little awkward around someone, or they were felt perhaps a little awkward around her, but she tried to push it away. She took the pumpkin juice and poured Emilia a cup. She held it out to the girl with a smile, hoping to encourage the feeling that though she was loyal to Athena, she wouldn’t come between them and wouldn't be impolite towards Emilia. She gave an appreciative glance at the flowers, ”Wow, they look pretty realistic, it’s a cool costume, you’ve put way more effort in than I did,” she had often made these comparisons between her and others but it wasn’t a bad thing and there was little indication in her tone that it was a bad thing, it was as though she was stating fact. She did wonder however if perhaps she should bring up the Athena in the room.

Emilia thanked the girl as she handed her the juice, taking a small sip. She glanced around again to see if she spotted any of her friends, but she didn't. She missed Katy, remembering how they had met at Halloween last year. "Thank you." She said with a slight smile. "I like yours too." She knew she was repeating herself a little, but it was true. "Are you here with anyone?" She asked, trying to sound casual, but she wondered if Athena was meeting up with a friend or perhaps here with Derek. Though she knew she was likely here with Derek.

Mazikeen nodded and shrugged at the compliment. It wasn’t in her mind any great thing to return compliments to people, but she appreciated the statement anyway. She shook her head at the second question, ”No I’m perpetually single at these things,” there was a hint a little in her tone that she maybe wasn’t as cheerfully happy about this as she was letting on. She’d always managed to have fun herself, but she would’ve liked to go to these things with someone else. ”What about you?” she asked. She didn’t think she’d heard anything about Emilia dating anyone new. She wasn’t sure she would’ve heard about it, with Athena, but perhaps she was there with a friend.

Emilia could hear the tension in Mazikeen's voice as she said she was perpetually single at these things, and she sighed softly and nodded. "Me too, lately." She said, running a hand through her hair, careful not to disrupt the flowers. "I'm on my own as well." She admitted softly, glancing around. "I was hoping to run into someone to spend time with, honestly. It's strange that it's the last Halloween at Hogwarts, right?" She added, a little melancholy.

Mazikeen gave a little laugh, ”Forever single club,” she gave a light smile and raised her drink in cheers to the fact they were both perpetually single, she knew it maybe wasn’t a matter to cheers but it felt like the right thing to do anyway. She had never minded being alone, it was not a huge deal to her, though of course it would’ve been nice. Maze got the impression she was not who Emilia wanted to spend time with but here they both were. ”Yeah, I think this time next year I’ll get dressed up in a costume by reflex and then I'll remember Hogwarts Halloweens will be no more. Though I’m sure the club in the mall has a halloween night,” Mazikeen said, she hadn’t really thought about not having it in the next year, but it would be odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back