Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
14 1/2 inch Flexible Ebony Wand with a Phoenix Core
OOC: Open after Wade Posts

Edward hadn't made much progress in his ghost hunt and studying the effects of the magical creatures from the forest with muggle electronics. He was starting to feel a bit downtrodden in his efforts to make progress within the school. The holidays at home had been dreadful as he hadn't been encourage to talk about school or his research. His older sister had spent the entire time sulking every time he walked into a room despite the fact that she got twice as many presents as Edward or his younger brother. Edward decided to take some drastic action now that he had returned to the school.

The weather was nice out as Edward walked down to the lake and began removing his clothes. Underneath his pants were a pair of swimming trunks. He figured he could make some progress by collecting plants from within the lake. He'd also heard from a few older Gryffindor's that there was a squid in the lake and he was very curious about it. He was sure it wasn't an average squid since it had apparently been in the lake for decades which made it all the more appealing. "No risk, no reward" Edward said out loud as he took a step towards the black waters. At least he was a better swimmer than he was flyer.

Wade Verdelet learned his lesson by trying to skateboard around the lake and smashed his face and knee in the dirt. That was why he managed to make a small straw, had his father lengthen it so that he could go snorkeling, so to speak. It was great having his dad in the school with him! He could not wait until his little brother could be at school to. Wade picked up a couple of rocks and stuffed them in his pocket. Though while he was underwater, he heard a voice. It was muffled while he was underwater. Wade peeked up to the surface to see his dorm mate, Edward. Wade smirked and ducked below the surface, planning on grabbing the boy's legs once he was deeper. However, anyone could easily see the little straw poking out of the water. Wade kept his eyes open under the water, though his vision wasn't as great, at least he could see legs if he tried.

Edward began searching the waters for the squid but couldn't see very well in the water. He wished he had remembered to pack goggles when he was coming back but with everything going on it had slipped his mind. He figured he would need to travel towards the center of the lake and possibly dive down in order to find it. It made him a bit nervous, he wasn't a bad swimmer by far but he also wasn't sure how deep the center of the lake was. Bobbing his head beneath the surface of the water, he swam father from the land. He was searching for something larger than an average fish which was surprisingly plentiful as they swam away. Edward also noticed and tried to follow a couple of small water creatures that he was convinced had to be magical.

Wade smirked while he was underneath the water. He practically crawled on the bottom, even though he was stirring up much of the dirt. This was going to be funny as hell. The first year could see the legs, though blurry. He snaked along until he reached toward and went to grab his leg. Wade could hardly keep his laughter in tact. After all, Wade himself was a giggly kid at heart. Unfortunately, with all the bubbles he was making, he lost his straw that let him breathe underwater, so he had to emerge really quick otherwise he would have inhaled a bunch of water. Last thing he wanted to do was suffer a horrific fate in his first year!

Edward had broken the surface of the water once more and was looking around when he suddenly felt something beneath the water. He tried to move away and get a better look but as he did, another boy suddenly appeared from the water sending Edward a bit back. It was Wade, one of the first years in his dorm that Edward hadn't seen much outside of classes. "What are you doing?" Edward asked as water from the lake splashed into his mouth causing him to cough violently as though he were choking.

It took him a moment to recover as he looked at Wade. He figured two might have better luck finding the squid than one but also thought about his trip into the forest. It was his fault Gryffindor had lost so many house points even if they were still in the lead. Edward wasn't sure if the Professors would appreciate the students hunting the Giant Squid and didn't want Gryffindor or Wade to get into trouble. "Uh nice day for a swim alone right?" Edward asked as he began kicking his feet a little to keep above the surface.

Wade laughed, but then started to freak out a little bit when Edward started choking as water went into his mouth. "Oh my god, are you okay? I didn't mean to make you choke! I wanted to prank you! Are you okay? Do you need a nurse?" Wade rubbed the water out of his eyes, but after a little bit, it seemed that the other Gryffindor was okay. The part-veela breathed a sigh of relief, since he didn't want to hurt anyone. Wade looked around for his straw, but it was already floating out too far for the Gryffindor to chance getting it back. He would just get his dad to make a new one. Wade smiled a bit as Edward asked about the day. Wade nodded, "Yeah! Look at the rocks I have found!" Wade dug into his pocket and pulled out one of the rocks. "See? This one looks blue in the light! I love seeing all sorts of pretty things on the bottom of the lake!"

"I'm fine, was just caught off guard" Edward said as he was forced to spit out the rest of the lake water that he'd almost swallowed. "See the squid down there?" Edward asked casually as he wondered how Wade was able to swim with rocks in his pockets. He looked at the rock closer and noticed that it did indeed look blue. Edward tried to kick his feet a bit more as he felt as though something were touching his legs beneath the surface. He looked down to see if it was perhaps the squid but couldn't see anything in the water. "I heard it might be dangerous and should be avoided" Edward said quickly since he was still sure he wanted to try and find it on his own to avoid possibly getting Wade into trouble.

Wade let out a sigh of relief as Edward said that he was fine, just caught off guard. Wade did feel a little smug about that though. He didn't prank often, so this was perfect. "Nope, no giant squid!" Wade declared, before he thought it over. Wait, was there something in the water? Then Edward mentioned how it might be dangerous and should be avoided. Wade pursed his lips together, kind of worried about the whole thing now. "I-I didn't know where was a giant squid in here. I thought that it was just an old wives' tale to keep kids from swimming out too far," Wade informed, since that was what his dad told him. "I did hear about some merfolk that live here though!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back