Genevieve Fuentes

'Evie' 🐉

Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Rigid Chestnut Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Genevieve had been thinking about it for a long time, but truthfully she was a little shy in actioning her plan. She had doubts in herself and her ability, and wasn't even sure if she was the right age for it. Was she too young to be wanting to make such a life-changing decision? She thought that if she sat on the idea for long enough, she would eventually convince herself not to do it, but it had actually made her want to do it even more. As the new semester started, Evie knew she had to do something, and even if the professor told her she was stupid and that it was a bad idea, at least she knew.

The Gryffindor girl made her way down to the Transfiguration offices. She thought about knocking on Professor Cade's door first, but quickly changed her mind. If she wanted to do this properly and get the best advice, she needed to ask the older year's Transfiguration professor. After all, Professor Cade wasn't going to be her professor for much longer. Taking a deep breath, but keeping the beaming smile on her face, Evie knocked on Professor Abberline's door.

Whilst the odd feeling of being back at Hogwarts remained throughout his first week of teaching Charlie could tell that he was quickly getting used to walking through the corridors and hallways of the castle again. It almost felt as if nothing had changed about the castle in his absence, though that didn't surprise him much if at all. The castle had been here long before his birth and would remain long after his death. The only noticeable change was that none of his friends were around anymore and even a handful of teachers were no longer teaching at the castle, which he was quite curious about. His first week of being a Professor of Transfiguration had gone by rather quickly but had also been very fun. So much so that, by the end of the week, it made him wonder why anybody would give up teaching that quickly. Perhaps he had chosen the wrong profession after all. Best not let Dad hear that or he'd give me a clout in the ear, he thought, chuckling lightly.

They had given him Professor Styx's office while she was away and were even kind enough to let him decorate it a little while he was substituting for her. He hadn't decorated the office an awful lot, only hanging up a couple of moving photographs of him and his parents when he was still a boy, of that time he got to meet the players of his favourite Quidditch team and even one with all the members of the Hogwarts Chess Club he used to run as a student. Those had been good times, times he remembered fondly. He was going over some of the material that he would have to teach later in the semester when someone knocked on the other side of the office door. He frowned, unable to remember if he had an appointment planned. ''You may enter,'' the Professor answered, curiosuly looking up from the papers in front of him to see who it could be.

When Evie heard the professor's voice, she hesitated a little before finally opening the door slowly. She ducked her head in to see what the professor was doing and then stepped in, closing the door behind her. He seemed a little busy, and suddenly the girl felt bad that she had disrupted him, especially since it was the start of the year and he was probably trying to familiarise himself with everything. "I'm sorry to disturb you, professor." she said. "There is just something I would like to talk to you about, if that's okay?" She took a step forward, figuring there was no point turning back now and she should just get straight to the point. "I want to be an animagus. Professor Cade was talking about them." She held her breath a little, nervous for the professor's reaction.

Professor Abberline couldn't say that he recognised the girl that entered his office, which either meant that she wasn't taking his classes or that she was still in the lower years of her education. ''Not at all, not at all,'' the Professor said reassuringly, smiling at the girl. ''I was in need of a break, anyway.'' When she mentioned Professor Cade she confirmed his thought. Charlie studied her for a moment, his hand covering his mouth while he considered what was likely going to be her request. He knew the theory behind becoming an animagus though had never tried to become one himself during his time at Hogwarts. It would take a lot of skill, practice, patience and determination to transform oneself into an animal, and for a brief second, he wondered if the girl knew this as well. ''Would I be right to assume that you have come to me for help with this?'' He asked, beckoning for the girl to take a seat in one of the chairs opposite of him. ''Because if so, do keep in mind that this is not something one simply learns overnight. It takes a lot of practice and patience and determination, and someone else would have to continue your training after my time substituting for Professor Styx is over.'' He didn't want to talk the girl out of it, on the contrary, he was more than excited that a student came to him for this. He just wanted her to know that this wasn't going to be easy.

Evie nodded as the professor assumed correctly. She was more nervous than she had ever been, or at least close to it, as she just wanted the professor to believe in her. He reminded her that it was going to be hard, but this didn't stop Evie in knowing what she wanted. "I know that, professor." she said, taking a seat opposite him. "But I think I can do it. No. I know I can do it. I just want something to make me feel... good." She sighed a little. She hadn't felt the best lately, but if there was one thing she was sure of it was that she could work hard enough to impress the professors and find something in herself that she hadn't found before. "So would you do this for me, professor? Just to help me start? Then I can ask professor Styx to continue to help when she gets back. Please, professor?" she asked desperately, sitting on the edge of her seat.

Oops, this took a bit I'm sorry

Charlie frowned a little. ''I can assure you that training for this will hardly make you feel good. It requires a bit of heavy reading and this isn't something you just do with a snap of your fingers.'' It was admirable that Genevieve wanted to work towards something that she could be proud of but the process of becoming an Animagus was a tedious one and definitely not rewarding for at least a while. But if she had her mind set on doing this then he wasn't going to change her mind. ''But if you are certain that this is what you want to do, then I will gladly help you with it.'' Charlie grabbed a blank piece of parchment and then the ball pen he had been taking notes with before she knocked on her door. He wrote down five books that he knew that talked about the training process of becoming an animagus as well as some a bit of history on animagi. She didn't have to read everything but all of this would give her enough to work on. ''Once we're done here, go to the library and give this to the head librarian. Mr Archer will help you find the books I've written down for you. Each of them should contain a chapter or two about animagi and what it is like to become one.''

"I understand, professor." Evie said seriously with a nod, trying her best to prove to the professor that she understood how hard it was going to be. As he finally said he would help her, Evie smiled, sitting up straighter in the chair as she listened to what he had to say. She watched as he began writing down some books that she might need from the library. Evie was never one for reading, but she would definitely find some time to read these. "Oh, thank you so much, professor!" she exclaimed, taking the piece of parchment he offered her. She could almost hug him. "And then once I'm done reading them, will we get into the practical stuff?"

Professor Abberline nodded when Genevieve told him that she understood that becoming an Animagus wasn't an easy feat to accomplish. If she was truly going to go through with this then that understanding was all he could hope for. It surprised him a little that she seemed to be keen on reading the books he had just assigned to her, and tried to think of the last time he had seen a third year so excited to read a bunch of books. ''That's about what we'll do, yes,'' he answered. ''I will quiz you a bit first to see if you have understood everything and then it's on to the practical stuff. We'll have to find out a couple of things along the way and you'll have to drink a potion and such. It's a long and arduous process, and everything has to be done gradually, but as long as you are patient, all will go well.''

Evie was never a particularly patient person, so the patient part was what really got her as the professor explained to her the process. However it was something that she just had to deal with. "Thank you, professor. I will go and find these books and read them and I'll come right back to you when I'm done!" she exclaimed, beaming. She pocketed the list of books he gave her and quickly stood up to leave, proud of herself that she managed to convince the professor to help her so well. This was only just the start of something she knew was going to be big.

Charlie smiled at Genevieve's excitement, though wondered if he should warn the girl again. He appreciated that she had wanted to go to the library immediately to pick up the assigned books, and he was happy to hear that she was so keen about reading them too, but this wasn't something one should rush into. The theory was complicated to understand at times, especially for those with no prior knowledge of the subject. ''That's all good and well,'' the Professor answered. ''but you don't have to read them all at once. If you've read a chapter and find that you don't understand something, feel free to drop by my office to ask me about it, alright?''

Users who are viewing this thread

Back