OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Widow
Wand
Beech Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Pixie Hair
It had been nearly a month since Marleigh Hayes had been in New Zealand. She found it odd that for the better part of the last decade she'd done everything in her power to forget about the place that had once been such an amazing home to her. Her grief had been too overwhelming. And even up until the time that Cameron Kingsley had walked back into her life the brunette didn't think she'd ever find herself longing to be back there more often. It was quite foolish on her part and she knew it. The man had just gone through a pretty nasty divorce. And time had changed them both. Nonetheless, the small amount of time they'd spent together while she'd been in New Zealand had been some of the better days that she'd had in a while. They had laughed. She cried some. They talked. They took a long walk around the park. They hashed out some of the things that had happened between the two of them. They both apologized. It had been amazing, but just as quickly as it started, it came to an end when she had to come back to North Carolina.

Marleigh had been toying with the idea of writing to Cameron and every time she sat down to put pen to paper it just didn't quite feel right. Until this afternoon. As the sunlight beamed into the studio window she sat her guitar down and sat at the desk and penned a letter to the blue eyed southern gentleman she'd been thinking about a lot lately.

Dear Cameron,

Hey you! I just wanted you to know that it meant the world to me that you came to see me perform last month. It was so good to get to see you and just talk to you. I hope you and the kids are doing well. How's life these days?

xx
Marleigh

Cameron Kingsley was sitting in his study in his house when an owl tapped on his window. The man frowned slightly as he looked at the owl before opening the window to let it in. It quickly dropped the letter and perched upon the chair opposite him. Cameron picked up the letter and recognized the handwriting immediately even though he hadn't seen it in over twenty years. He smiled as he opened the letter, perusing its contents once before sitting down to reply to Marleigh. He had been thinking about her lately, and it was nice to see he wasn't the only one affected by their random meeting. As soon as he was does, Cameron gave the owl the letter and a treat before sending him back to his mistress.

Dearest Marleigh,

It's so good to hear from you again. I really enjoyed spending the evening with you and watching you do your thing. You were amazing. Just as good as I remember. The kids are good. Noah and Jake are back at school, and Eleanor is away on a little getaway with my dad. I'm doing better, but trying to adjust to all this free time I have these days. How are you? Still touring?

Cam

It was later in the evening and Marleigh had just settled down in front of the television with a glass of wine. There were some muggle commodities that she still enjoyed and getting lost in mindless hours of TV was one of them. It wasn't that she rejected her magical roots, but in some ways she always felt her magic died along with her husband. There was a light tapping on her window and she noticed her owl, Gremlin, looking contently at her. Her brown eyes sparked with delight as she realized that he had a note attached with him. Marleigh jumped up and opened the window, giving Gremlin a treat before taking the letter. She quickly opened it and scanned it with a girlish grin on her face. Her heart fluttered for a moment. She knew it was stupid as this probably wasn't meant to last for long. Afterall, they'd ended terribly the first time and she was cautious to lay much hope in them starting something back up, but for now it felt to ease her aching heart for a while and it had been a while since she'd felt anything that soothed that ache in her chest. Marleigh relaxed back down into her spot on the couch and read it over multiple times. She'd fallen asleep with it clutched in her hand.

The next morning she stretched and yawned loudly, feeling slightly uncomfortable having slept on the couch all night. That thought quickly left her head as she remembered the letter that she still had in her hand. Marleigh beamed from ear to ear and she sat and penned a response. She attached it to her owl, gave him a treat, and sent him on his way. This is crazy she thought as her heart fluttered thinking about the response she'd hopefully be getting soon.

My dear Cam,

You really are too kind. You were always as little biased when it came to me singing, but I've always appreciated it. I hope you know that. Are the boys settled back into school well? Didn't you mention that Noah had started at Durmstrang? How's he adjusting? Well, I hope. I'm sure Eleanor is loving the time with your dad. I remember him fondly. He was always so kind to me. I'm well. Done touring until September, so I, too, am trying to adjust to my free time. I've been doing some writing and hopefully will be back in for some studio time shortly. I was thinking about planning another trip to New Zealand in June. Would you be able to free some time up for dinner while I'm there? Just let me know. I'm glad you're well. I enjoyed hearing from you.

xoxo

Marleigh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back