Closed Letters To A Mother

Asphodel King

Insecure // Motherless - Again // Anger Issues

OOC First Name
Cole
Asphodel, all her life, had never had a female she could turn to in times of needing advice. She loved her father of course, but at this moment in her life, with boy problems and otherwise, the ginger haired girl needed a mom. The closest thing she had was West's girlfriend, whom she had met and whom had mothered her half sister. So that was who she chose to go to for advice.

Letter said:
Olive,

I know this migth be strange because we don't know each other that well, and I know you're busy with the baby - cute name you picked by the way - but, I could use some girl advice. Whenever you get the chance. It's about a boy. Hope you're feeling better after pushing out a kid... yeah...

-Pho

Olive had been surprised to hear from Pho; she hadn’t spoke much to West’s daughter but the former professor was glad she’d reached out for her. Her days were long and busy, but with her four month old daughter asleep upstairs, she’d got the time to reply to the Slytherin a few days later. Sometimes giving advice was difficult. She’d learnt the hard way with Leda that perhaps she shouldn’t be giving advise at all, but since the birth of Ten, it was a new start to try and do things better this time.

letter said:
Dear Pho,

Things are are going well but it would be a lie to say I wasn’t completely exhausted. All the time! I’m hoping now that we have a routine things will become easier though. I’m glad you like her name, it seemed fitting and I like to think the theme now runs in the family!

What is this about a boy? I’m perfectly happy to help in any way I can (and don’t worry, I won’t spill any beans to your dad either - We were all fifteen at some point!) Hope classes are going well too, fifth year is an important time of course but I’m sure you already know that. Remember, balance is key!

Love, Olive

After Olive didn't reply immediately, Pho let her heart fall. Why had she gotten her hopes up in the first place. She checked the Owlry day after day, and after a few a letter finally arrived. Pho, angered that it hadn't been right away, still opened it and read it - reminding herself that she would never be the center of this woman's world. After all, she wasn't her real daughter.

Letter said:
Hey,

Classes are fine i guess, I'm doing well for myself I like to think. But uhm, yeah. My dad isn't very good at girl advice since he's not, a you know, girl. It's just. I really like this kid, and I used to like I guess sorta bully him. But he forgave me and we've been friends and I dunno. I know I'm not super pretty I mean, I'm pale anmd ginger and a little lanky... Anyways. He's dating soemone else and I kinda thought he and I would date, but I don't know what I did wrong.

It's stupid. Nevermind.

-Pho

Last edited:
letter said:
Dear Pho,

Please don't think anything you write to me is stupid. I know things have changed a lot recently for your family, and I don't mean to intrude between you and your dad, but I want you to know I'm here for you like a sister. I raised Leda and I know parents cant just be replaced, and you should know it's important to me that you're comfortable chatting to me.

It was hard to read through the scribbles, so I hope I'm understanding it correctly. Perhaps you need to forgive yourself for your actions to him in the past? If you're already friends now then he's obviously forgiven you. People don't always come into our lives at the right time, so just give it a chance to see what happens in the future and stay supportive. Is it someone in your year? Also, you're talking to the queen of ginger pale and lanky and I can't tell you that's no downfall!

Love, Olive

Letter said:
Olive,

Mildly embarrassed you had to read through my scribbles. I guess I just don't know. I mean you call yourself all the same things I am but you're super pretty. I mean you'd have to be to make my dad fall in love with you. I've never seen him look at someone the way he looks at you. But yeah. His name is Vader he's a year younger than me. He's really nice, and he does photography for accio and he's smart. I just... I don't know. The girl he's dating I've never even heard him really talk about. We've been kinda close for alike a year or so now. Maybe I'll just have Leda introduce me to someone. She seems to have an opinion on which guys around here suck or not.

Thanks,
Pho.

Letter said:
Dear Pho,

Not at all! No need to be embarrassed. What are you talking about? You’re even more beautiful! You have traits that run in the family and you should be proud of them! Maybe you could ask Vader a bit more about this girl he’s seeing? If you guys are friends then maybe he will open up if you casually bring her up. Alternatively, yes you could ask Leda although in my opinion it’s quite hard to tell whether or not she truly believes even half of what she says. Don’t tell her I told you that. Either way I’m pretty sure she would look out for you, she can be quite defensive when she wants to be!

Love, Olive

Letter said:
Olive,

I grew up without a mom. I'm sure you kind of already know that. So I guess all I see in me is my dad, and no girl wants to look like their dad right? It was just me and my dad for a long time and I didn't want you around at first. Kinda thought you'd ruin things especially with a baby. But now I'm really glad because my dad is awkward and he hates the idea of me dating so I could never bring this up. Plus he's happy and he deserves that. Thank you. I'm glad I might get to call you mom some day.

-Pho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back