Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 16" Sturdy Mahogany Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Simon had his books out in front of him, well, specifically he had all of his charms books out in front of him. Today was a charms day for revision and he wasn’t planning on moving much from where he was sat in the great hall, unless he needed to get new books or go to the bathroom. It was a good place to study, and meant he had easy access at meal times. The one problem with it was that studying could be very boring and the great hall even at this time of year was still humming with noise. He didn’t mind it, it could be a little frustrating for him, but he was pretty good at focusing on his studies. There was a small group of people being a bit louder than he might’ve liked, but given that this was an open space, he wasn’t about to ask them to be quiet, that wasn’t really his place. Instead he just needed to focus on the work in front of him and not let himself be too distracted but everything else that was happening. He kept looking up from his work, glancing about the hall, noting that he appeared to be the only one who was sitting without anyone else. If he wasn’t busy working and revising he might’ve been annoyed by it, but Simon was fine, he had his girlfriend and some friends so it wasn’t a huge deal. Not at all. The part-veela took a little breath and then looked back at the work in front of him.

William was having a rubbish year, and that was pretty much all there was to say about it. If Abian had figured out the pink rose was from him, William hadn't heard about it, and he couldn't figure out if that was a good or bad thing. It was a safe thing, at least, but it didn't make it any easier when he caught glimpses of Abian over at the Hufflepuff table and it felt like his heart did a loop-de-loop in his chest. It was an almost overwhelming feeling when it caught William off guard, and making his way across the Great Hall he wasn't prepared in the slightest. Abian wasn't even looking at him, chatting with someone else at the Hufflepuff table, but just the peripheral view of his smile was enough to knock William off his feet. Literally, as it was. He stumbled quickly into the nearest seat, realising too late that he wasn't even sitting at the right table. He was at the Ravenclaw table, sitting across from a prefect whose name he couldn't quite place, and he had definitely interrupted the other boy in the middle of studying. "Uh... hey." William said quickly, scrambling for conversation to make. "Nice... uh... I mean... how's the studying?"

Simon glanced at the boy who took a seat right in front of him. Simon knew the boy wasn’t a ravenclaw but he seemed to have nearly fallen into the seat, perhaps something was wrong? Simon didn’t take much interest in students but he was a prefect and perhaps this would be a good opportunity to build up a few friendships with younger students, ones that showed he was helping younger kids to professors. Simon gave a little smile, ”Hi,” was his reply before shrugging at the question, ”Its not going well, because a group of gryffindors are being rather loud but I’m tired of studying in the silence of the library,” Simon told the other boy honestly, with a little shrug. He was likely just making things trickier for himself than they really needed to be, but Simon wasn’t going to listen to that logic. ”What are you doing?” he hoped the question wasn’t too rude, though he knew it was rather blunt. He didn’t entirely mean to be blunt, but Simon couldn’t always help it, ”Not that I mind the company, I’m wondering,” the part veela added, clearly an after thought, hopefully this kid wouldn’t mind that too much

William didn't think he had ever just thrown himself into a conversation like this before, and he was certain he had no idea what he was doing. He was in it now though, and thankfully the older boy hadn't dismissed him. He nodded, half listening to the boy talk about his studies, but mostly very pointedly not looking at Abian. He only really tuned in fully when the older boy asked what he was doing, and William felt his face flush slightly. "Sorry." He said quickly. "I'm just... uh... avoiding someone right now." He said quickly. "It's no big deal. Just... yeah. Needed to dodge him. Sorry for butting in..." He trailed off, hoping the boy wouldn't ask him to leave now, and make him face Abian.

Simon looked to the boy with a curious gaze as he said he was avoiding someone, he shook his head a little at it, but more so that he wasn’t bothered by the boy bothering him, it wasn’t really bothering him. ”You aren’t bothering me,” he told him with a certain tone. He wanted to make it obvious that he wasn’t, Simon was distracted enough from his work without this boy and at least he wasn’t sitting there aimlessly. Staring and being bothered by people who were entitled to make as much noise as they wanted. The teen did however focus on the words, ”Why are you avoiding them?” he asked, he didn’t know if this boy would want to get any more person, ”What about just going to him and being direct about whatever it is that’s causing this?” he wasn’t sure what this boy would be like, or why he was avoiding someone. Simon didn’t like avoiding things, he tended to do things face on. He didn’t think there was any reason not be straightforward with people. Simon tended to be and it wasn’t always the best thing but he thought it was polite to do that.

William was relieved when the older boy said he wasn't bothering him, (even though a small part of William's mind wouldn't stop saying he was probably lying,) but his face fell a bit when the boy asked what was wrong. The surly, defensive part of him resisted at once, instinctively wanting to tell him to shove off and storm out, but as he looked up, William caught another glance of Abian and his heart softened, finally confiding something he had never said before. "I, uh... I sent a rose." He said slowly. "And it was kind of an important one. And... I dunno if he's figure out it was me, and I guess... I'm too chickensh*t to... actually do anything about it." William looked down, sighing heavily. He strangely felt a weight off his shoulders as he finally let go of the secret. It was a relief not to be carrying it all inside anymore. "Sorry. I know this is weird."

Simon listened to the boy as he explained what was going on, what exactly the problem was. He was a little curious as to why he hadn’t signed his name, but perhaps he was afraid to. Simon hadn’t signed his name in the rose to Charlotte but he knew she would know it was from him. ”What’s the worst thing that’ll happen if you're just honest with him?” Simon asked, he’d always tried to be as honest as he could. He knew currently with Diana he wasn’t exactly sticking to it, but most of the time, when he spoke honestly he did so because he knew it was best and with little fear. ”It’s okay, I don’t mind hearing about it. I think it’s probably also been on your mind a lot,” the boy commented with a clear tone, trying to be clear that he really didn’t mind it. ”Do you think this guy probably likes you back?” Simon asked, trying to figure out a little more about him and this situation and just because he could only help or give some advice if he knew the ins and outs of the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back