Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Vine Wand with Chimera Scale Fragment Core
Lyra Potter's anger from the Valentine's dance had slowly faded over the last few days. Talking with Felix had helped her, and it didn't hurt that Lanithro wasn't angry with her. He didn't place the blame for the situation on her shoulders. However, she almost felt bad for Silus if Lanithro ever stumbled him in a dark corridor. The unnecessary drama was slowly fading away, leaving Lyra with many questions about Silus and his true motives. She didn't trust him anymore, and she didn't know if he had been telling the truth. Felix seemed to believe it was true. That he did love her. Lyra wasn't convinced, not that it really mattered. She was with Lanithro, and that was exactly what she wanted.

Lyra took a blanket and a book with her as she left the Gryffindor house and headed down to the cliffs where she was confident that she could be alone. It was a lovely day as summer was still in full swing. She laid the blanket down on the ground before laying down on it. She opened the book she brought with her and began to read.
<i></i>

Silus sighed and slipped off his school robes before heading outside the castle. He started off towards the cliffs, breathing in the warm summer air and trying the clear his head. To say the least, he felt troubled.

It seemed that every time he made a mistake, which took place a regular basis, the person he cared about the most always got hurt. Silus groaned as the memory of Lyra angrily pushing him away after he had kissed her played in his mind. He didn't know when he'd be ready to face her, but he couldn't disappear altogether again. That had been the thing to drag him into this mess. His breath hitched. Apparently fate decided for that moment to be now. "Ha! No more hiding now.." He thought miserably.
A small figure lay on a blanket, a book in her hands. Silus tensed, knowing very well it was her.

Not moving any further, he took a deep breath in an attempt to steel himself for whatever came next. "I thought I'd be alone out here. " He stated honestly.

Lyra looked up from her book at the sound of a voice. It was a voice she would know anywhere. One that she wasn't sure she was ready to hear. Slowly, Lyra put down her book and looked up. Her green eyes narrowed at Silus. She wasn't angry anymore, but she was suspicious of him. People didn't just come out of nowhere and tell you that they loved you."I thought the same thing." she said, not certain what else to say. She looked up at Silus's unnaturally tall frame. "What do you want, Silus?" Lyra asked. She was tired of playing games. They were exhausting.

Silus shuffled on his feet, his hands stuffed deep inside his pants pockets. Lyra seemed cautious and un-trusting, but how could he blame her? He didn't really trust himself anymore. But at least she didn't seem angry with him at the moment, and that was a blessing -- he couldn't have bore the shame if she had been.

He sighed, his eyes slightly sad, and he pondered her question carefully before meeting her gaze. "I want be your friend again. That's all, Lyra. " Silus replied softly. He then lowered his gaze to look at the pattern of her blanket."And I hope it hasn't lost its meaning, but... I'm sorry. "

Lyra couldn't pretend like she hadn't missed Silus during the past year. She had been hurt and confused by his sudden abandonment of her. She wasn't going to let him off the hook that easily. Lyra wanted answers. She deserved answers. "What are you sorry for exactly, Silus? Ignoring me for a year? Telling me you love me when you don't? Or just being an ass in general? Lyra knew she was being a little harsh and unlike her typical self. "How can I trust you?" she asked Silus, genuinely wanting to know.
<i></i>

Silus furrowed his brows, not knowing whether to crumble under her words or hide his weakness with anger of his own at the things she said. He only wished he could travel back in time and untangle this knot.
Silus knelt down on the grass beside her blanket, still a good distance away, not wanting to further upset her. He couldn't help but frown when she said he didn't love her, but he kept his lips pressed tight.

"I'm sorry I hurt you, because I care about you, Lyra. I really do... " He said frustatedly, not able to look her directly in the eyes -- if he did that he would crumble.
"You have no reason to trust me. I can't give you a good one, but I'm hoping that over time I can earn it." He said, struggling to remain strong and keep a steady voice.

Lyra's face softened as she looked at Silus. She could tell how genuinely upset he was at what she said. She wanted to trust him, but she just couldn't. Not yet. Felix's words echoed in her mind about how he would feel if he lost her friendship. She had been just as close to Silus once. Maybe even closer because she had wanted him to be her boyfriend. Now, Lyra had Lanithro, and he made her happy. The Gryffindor girl sighed. "I'll give you another chance, Silus, but it comes with conditions. No more ignoring me. No more kissing me without my permission. No lying." she told him, sternly. She was serious about her conditions. "Please don't let me down this time." she said with a hopeful look in her eyes. Her anger had come from a place of sadness and disappointment in Silus as a friend. "I did miss you." Lyra admitted, quietly.
<i></i>

Silus nodded his head. "Thank you. "He said simply. He would always wish for something more, but before all those feelings had taken hold, she had been his friend. And he was more than grateful to have that back. "I won't. " He promised, a determined look in his eyes. He heard the seriousness in her voice, and he couldn't let her down again. He wouldn't. Silus realized he just wanted her to be happy. And while it wouldn't be easy, if he had to remain a friend to do that, a friend he would remain.

The corners of his lips turned up when she told him she'd missed him. Silus turned to her, his eyes a bit brighter. It had done his heart good to hear that. "Well, you won't have to ever again. " He assured her. "So, what were you reading?" He asked after a while, stretching his long legs out in front of him.

"Good." Lyra said, content with his answer for now. Only time would tell if he could keep his promise to her. She wasn't going to worry about it at the moment.The Gryffindor girl was not one to stay mad at the people she cared about, and one of those people happened to be the Ravenclaw boy in front of her. "Come on. You can come closer now. You don't have to sit on the ground." she said, taking pity on Silus and motioning to the blanket. It was plenty large enough for an entire group of people. The corners of her mouth turned up in a smile as she hid the book behind her back so that the boy beside her couldn't see the title. "If I tell you, you must promise not to laugh." she told him.
<i></i>

Silus thanked Lyra with a smile and brushed some of the grass off before sitting on the blanket next to her. He sighed contentedly. It was far more comfortable than the ground, and his mood allowed him to fully enjoy the weather now.

He couldn't help but tilt his head to the side and quirk a brow at her. The reaction to his question had piqued his interest. He smirked. "I won't, but why would I laugh?" He asked, amused and leaning back in a vain attempt to try and read the title.

"Because it's kind of weird." Lyra admitted reluctantly. She pulled the book from behind her back, revealing a book that was a biography on her grandfather. "It's about my grandfather. It includes my dad and the rest of his family. I know it's weird that I want to read it, but it makes mum said to talk about them especially since Carter left." she said, mentioning the fact that her step-father was no longer living at home. All of his things had disappeared from the house, and her mother said they had broken up. In fact, Kiera was even going by Potter again. All of these things were details Silus had missed during his absence from her life.
<i></i>

"That's not weird at all. "
He said assuredly, eyeing the book with interest. Silus had never really asked her about heritage. She hadn't made a point of bringing it up before, and he didn't want her to feel that he had only befriended for that reason. The boy had not cared to stay in tune with most of the happenings of the wizarding world, but he was very aware of Lyra's grandfather.

He drew his brows together as she informed him that Carter had left. Silus didn't remember much of him, but he had seemed a decent man at the time. Oh, how appearances could be decieving... He thought back on his visit to meet her family, and how deep down he had been envious of their happiness.

He let his head hang for a moment before looking back at Lyra. There had been so, so much Silus had missed, and he took a deep breath. "I'm sorry. " He said quietly, looking into her eyes, his voice slightly sad. He didn't really have a family, but he knew that must've been horribly difficult. The Ravenclaw placed a hand on her shoulder in a friendly way, feeling guilty that he hadn't been there for her.

Lyra smiled slightly as Silus offered an apology and placed his hand upon her shoulder. She shrugged. "It's okay. The holidays were a little weird because Mum just kept pretending like it was not a big deal.She didn't seem upset about it at all anymore. All of his things were gone, so I guess it really is over." she said. Lyra loved Carter, but he hadn't even tried to contact any of them since he left. Not even a Christmas card. "It's not like he was my dad, but I suppose he was the next best thing." Lyra told Silus, feeling slightly guilty for complaining about it at all to him. Silus had the worst home life she knew of which was why she had asked him to her house several times.

"Enough sad talk. Tell me what you have been doing." Lyra demanded. She wondered if he had new friends now, or if he had just been cutting himself off from everyone.
<i></i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back