Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Asexual
Wand
Knotted 9 Inch Rigid Laurel Wand with Boomslang venom Core
By the end of the morning, Mervyn was back where he'd started - the great hall. He felt as if he'd walked about ten miles, and he probably had. Next year, he was going to get twice as much sleep before delivery day - it was the only way he could get through it and have the energy for classes in the afternoon. He had no idea who Braxton was, so armed only with the knowledge of his house Mervyn approached the Ravenclaw table and began making his way down the length of it, saying, "Braxton? Braxton? Is you Braxton? One of yous must be Braxton. Oi, are you Braxton?"

Braxton had just been about bite into a slice of toast when he heard an unfamiliar voice saying his name. He dropped the toast, wiped the crumbs off his hands and looked up to see a boy making his way down the table asking everyone if they were Braxton. "I'm Braxton, whats up?" He asked with a slight suspicion as to the boys purpose for hunting him down.

"Fank Merlin," Mervyn muttered, coming to a halt next to Braxton. "I got a rose for you, 'ere. There's a note, 'n' all, but you'll 'ave to sign for it." Tucking the rose under his arm, he produced a pen and a piece of parchment that read 'I, Braxton, do declare that I have received my yellow rose and note in acceptable time and in good condition. Date: 14/02/2047. Signed:' "There - just stick yer signature on there 'n' it's all yours." Clearly Mervyn had gotten bored while he was looking for him.

"Excuse me?" Braxton said when the boy holding his rose told him he'd have to sign for it. Braxton grumbled as he snatched the pen and scribbled an illegible signature on the parchment. "Happy?"

Mervyn squinted at the 'signature'. It was almost definitely just a few squiggly lines. "I ain't never seen no-one with that name before," he said. "'Ow's it pronounced?"

Braxton could feel his teeth grinding together as he tried to keep his cool. "Look kid, I played along and signed your stupid form now give me my rose,"

Mervyn made a point of folding the form up very slowly and carefully and tucking it inside his pocket before finally handing the rose and the note over. Some people were just so ungrateful! It was a lot easier to sign a simple form than it was to deliver roses to people you'd never even met before. Deciding he deserved something in return for his hard work, Mervyn grabbed Braxton's half-eaten slice of toast and bit off a piece from the untouched side. He put the rest back on the Ravenclaw's plate. "'Appy Valentine's day, mate," he said, giving him a thump on the back for good measure.
You are a super friend!
Love, Brooklyn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back