Last Remote

Mima Scarlet

OOC First Name
Camilla
Wand
Oak 14 3/4" Essence of Raven Feather
Mima slowly brought her head to the ground, letting her brown hair fan out on the grass around her. Her arm stretched out, fingers grazing along blades of grass, as she looked up towards the clouded sky. She'd never been an outdoors sort of person - indeed, she wasn't allowed out much - but sometimes, she had to admit, it was nice to have some fresh air. She had nothing against being outside, really, and she liked to look at flowers (hated planting them, but that was a different story).

She recalled afternoons in the garden, when the housekeeper would bake biscuits and allow her to take some of her dolls in to the garden, so she could sit at the tea table and view the roses with her dolls, having a tea party of sorts. Her childhood had been, she knew, incredibly lonely, in terms of interactions with other children. Still, she'd always had her dolls, not to mention the portraits, and the ghosts, and her own mind. She'd never really been bored. Just lonely.

And now, looking at the rosebush, she felt lonelier than ever. She sighed and her eyes gently closed. She thought of home, and how, despite Hogwarts being the educational haven that it was, how much she missed it.

Tara made her way across the lawn towards the edge of the lake to where the rosebush stood alone in at the edge with a beautiful view across the water to the forest and mountains on the other side. in her hands was her sketch pad and a box of soft pastels. she planned to get a load of pictured drawn so that she could give them to her family to sell as it washer fault that they weren't going to marry into the Patil family. well maybe not her fault, both her and praneils. but even though he had promised that he would support her family she knew that as he made his own life, and maybe started his own family it would get harder.
just as she was making her way across the last stretch of grass she felt the equipment slipping from her grip. and her pad fell onto the thankfully dry grass. she stooped to pick it up and realised just a few meters away was a girl lying on her own on the grass looking towards her. she smiled before heading over. "Hello. Are you alright there? she said the girl looked a little in need of company. and she had plenty of time, and was always willing to make new friends.

At the sound of a voice, Mima instinctively flinched. Her hands flew to her chest, curling in to fists. Human contact - friendly contact, at that - was so alien to the girl. People were more inclined to say "could you please move out of my way" than "hello, how are you?". Of course, it was a two way street, and Mima could well have been polite and outgoing to have politeness in turn, but she didn't want to put herself out there. People, on knowing her better, would possibly think she was a nutcase. Not to mention that, according to her family, there were very few people worth associating with, and it was better to not have anything to do with anyone at all.

"I'm fine," she half whispered, pulling herself up to a seated position. She was half inclined to prevent any form of conversation, but oddly enough, she felt that maybe she could use some company. "You're a Hufflepuff too, right? I think I've seen you in the common room."

Tara saw that the girl flinched when she spoke. this caused her to flinch slightly in response though it wasn't much of a flinch. she watched as the girl sat up. "sorry. I didn't mean to startle you, you just looked like you needed a little company." she said. unsure if she was right. the girl my think her a little desperate, but she wasn't, she list liked being around friends. the girl didn't didn't seem like she wanted to talk though when she answered her question shortly. with an 'I'm fine'. "That's good" she said readjusting her hold on the sketch pad.
she was just about to keep heading out to the edge of the lake to draw when she heard the girl talk again. "yes. I'm Tara, I am also in Hufflepuff." she said sitting down next to the girl. she had had a fairly unusual year so far and she was glad that now she ws free to live like a normal teenager and not being arranged into a marriage she wasn't looking for. however a few of her friends had left the school and she lissed them, and see could see how much some of her other friends missed them, especially kate.

"Oh." Mima simply responded. The older girl was right, company was a nice thing to have and something she would like. Mima simply didn't know how to act around people her age. That, and a lifetime of being reminded of her blood status and how that put her above others, even if she wasn't sure she 100% believed that, left her aloof and distant from others. She would've liked to reach out to people...she just didn't know how.

"Um. It's nice to meet you, Tara," she said awkwardly, almost fumbling over the words. Introductions were rare. She had been raised to be polite and formal, so she knew how to behave around people, she was just a little uncomfortable at actually putting what she'd learnt in to practice. "I'm Mima. I'm in second year. Um. What year are you in?"

Tara could tell that Mima didn't seem that comfortable, but she didn't know how to make her feel any better, she herself want known for being too scary in fact she was quite a bit of a push over at times. breaking up her own engagement that would boost her families standing just to keep the boy and his girlfriend happy. she was glad that it was over. she hadn't wanted it from the beginning, though know she knew that she had to make sure that she wasn't going to let her family down.
As the girl introduced herself Tara smiled. "It is great to meet you too Mima." she said. "Second year now that was a good year, I am in my fifth year" she said remembering her second year. before quickly remembering how it ended. It had been a god year until the last day and the following holidays at least. "how are you enjoying your time here?" she asked. hoping that the girl was enjoying being at the magic school as much as she was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back