Koala Kisses

Cyan Zephyr

OOC First Name
Cole
Sexual Orientation
Aion♡♡
Cyan would not have missed snack night with a Aion for the world, even if her mood was down. The sixth year had a lot on her mind as of late, and ninety percent of it revolves around what happened a week ago. The memory played back and while Cyan had come to terms hat she'd kissed the mudblood back, she couldn't help but think if her parents found out they'd be incredibly angry. Aion has not affected her near as much. He was a Half-blood at least. Not a muggle born like Alessio.

The girl tried to shake the feeling of lips on her own. Aion has been her first kiss, Cyan had never snogged anyone before though. Full fledged deep kiss. And it wasn't even someone she wanted to date right? Cyan sighed, picking at her crisps. She usually had eaten much more by this point, but Aion was behind her there was no way he'd notice. With her sat on him in a comfortable position he wouldn't be able to see past her to notice - and Cyan wasn't about to bring it up unless prodded - so she sat in silence slowly munching with her best friend.

For the first time in a long while, Aion had nothing to worry about that night as he sat in the kitchens with the Hufflepuff he realised he couldn't be without. Even if they were only able to meet up once a week, it was the time the seventh year craved the most. He didn't always know what he wanted to talk about, but he knew he had to talk about something and talk with her, and as he'd eagerly joined Cyan for their midnight feast it was clear it was becoming one of his favourite traditions.

Aion had managed to position himself on top of the table that ran through the centre of the kitchens, with one arm around his friend, her back the perfect height for a warm pillow. To his left he was reaching with his spare hand for the crisps or nuts they'd found around the room, as Cyan was seemingly letting him tell her the story of his childhood cat. When he was done, he realised she hadn't said anything at all, and after pausing for a moment he wondered whether he done or said something wrong. "Are you tired this evening? Maybe we should have stayed in the common rooms?" he teased. Even if the common rooms were easily the most comfortable, he would give it up any day to be in the kitchens with Cyan.

Cyan heard Aion's story, his baritone a comfortable rumble in his chest soother her. She closed her doe eyes only for a moment before she was addressed. There was no use in hiding it. "I got into an argument with a Puff the other day." The girl had to be careful. Aion didn't take well to Cyan's opinions In blood status as he himself was a mixed blood. "With a boy in my year." She continued after swallowing the food in her mouth. "At the end of everything I ended up falling on top of him and he kissed me." Even though Cy was positioned in front of Aion her ears should have been visible and red. "I know you don't agree with my parents ideals but he was a muggle born. And I sort of... kissed him too. I got caught up in the moment and he'd called me pretty..." it felt wrong to admit all this to Aion, but he was her closest friend. "Now I just want to avoid him. Is that wrong? Should I punch him in the face instead?" The inquiry the Hufflepuff posed seemed as if it was a joke. But it was not. She really thought perhaps that would help her.

Cyan leaned her lead back on Aion, but she could only see the ceiling and not him. The hand that had not been holding the crips back for his and she laced her small fingers through his. "I've never been called pretty before by someone who was interested you know?" She tried to reason a little more why she'd have kissed him. Hopefully Aion had the magic words to make her feel better

He hadn't expected her to reply with much more than a few words, but when she let go and opened up about what was wrong, he listened intently. He was a little taken aback to hear that she'd kissed another boy after an argument, but given their own encounters he had to admit Cyan wasn't one for hesitation. He could understand that she'd feel uncomfortable with the idea given her opinion on blood status, but perhaps this would be what she needed. Someone to help her realise that pure bloods weren't the most important thing, and if Aion had managed to convince her even slightly, perhaps this boy would too.

As her hand found his, he clasped his fingers around hers, his blue head of hair now resting against her ear as his shoulder took the weight of her head. "If you want to be with someone who makes you feel special, just go and be with them" As soon as he said the words he felt like a total hypocrite, but he'd felt like he'd changed in the last year and it was all because of the girl who'd helped him be honest. "He has to be worthy though" He turned his head as he smiled into her. "Not just anyone gets to be with you. And I don't mean blood worthy, I mean that when he calls you pretty he's saying it because he thinks you're beautiful both inside and out" He said, wanting her to know that she shouldn't just settle. "And if he doesn't, I'll punch him myself" he added, planting a kiss in her hair.

The warmth of Aion's hand in hers was one more comfort. Cyan had never had someone she was so close to, so in tuned with. He always seemed to understand what she needed to hear. Even if it wasn't exactly something she wanted to hear. "Be with him?" She questioned turning to face Aion a little, Now sat sideways on him. "I know his name. That is it. I don't want to be with him. I didn't ask him to kiss me I just... reacted." She sighed. "It would t matter anyways." She spoke. "I can't be with a muggleborn even if I knew him."

She sighed. "I doubt he thinks I'm beautiful inside. And as far as outside..." Cyan, behind closed lips, instinctively ran her tongue over her teeth feeling the gap of them. She remembered the way other students at her elementary school used to joke how it was a coin slot. How it looked ridiculous. "Do you think I should fix the gap in my teeth. My dad offered to take me this break to do it..." she spoke quietly. It was obvious that she wasn't feeling herself - self conscious.

Aion looked up to watch her face when she was speaking, admiring her features as she spoke. Maybe he shouldn't be pushing her into such a decision, especially since she'd said twice now that she didn't actually want to be with him. As she readjusted her position, he crossed their arms over her front while his other met their hands from behind, hoping she was comfortable in this hug. "Would you really only ever date a pureblood?" He asked curiously. He knew her thoughts on the subject were strong, but how strong did they have to be to choose it over a potentially happy future? He supposed it was a little different to his own circumstance, in that while she had befriended him knowing her parents would disapprove, it wasn't as though they were together.

Aion's eyebrows frowned as she mentioned her doubts in appearance. It obviously wasn't the first time she'd had these thoughts, even if he hadn't heard it before, if she'd already spoken to her dad about getting it changed. That being said, he wasn't going to lie "I think it's cute. And it suits you" He added, glancing up to her elaborate hair. She had a way of standing out and it made her different from the other students, and that was a trait Aion would never consider to be a negative. He could totally understand if she wanted something changed from a medical perspective, but he didn't want her feeling as though she wasn't beautiful. "Your smile is literally the cutest thing I've ever seen" he added. It was true, and he meant every word. Ultimately it was her decision, and wouldn't stop her being more comfortable with herself, but he had to try.

Aion's question obviously made Cyan think. She paused for a few moments to consider if she'd only date someone pure of blood. Then she looked again into Aion's green orbs, thumb stoking the hand that was held. "I... I don't really have a choice." She admitted in the smallest voice she had. "My family is very adamant that I should only be with someone pure like me. I mean I'm not even supposed to have mixed friend..." She thought carefully before her next statement. "When I talk about you to my parents, every week when I write home, I lie and say you're pureblood. Because I just wanna be able to tell them about my best friend - but if I told them the truth, they wouldn't speak to me. My dad would cut off my money, I'd have nowhere to go for Holidays or after graduation. Even if I thought this forward, rude, Muggle born was the love of my life... I couldn't afford to do that."

Cyan stopped talking for a moment, her weight leaned on Aion thumb still stroking his hand. She processed what he said about her teeth, before looking up at her friend. "Thank you..." She spoke, kissing him on the jaw the only place she could reach. It was a thank you kiss and nothing more. Cyan was so happy to have a best friend she could be this close with. This open with. "But I don't have the cutest smile." She paused for a moment to draw out the statement. "You do."

As Cyan was explaining her predicament, he couldn't blame the Hufflepuff was what she had to do. While he didn't condone lying he knew in this situation it was necessary and wasn't going to be the person to cut her off from her family. "You talk about me..?" He injected quietly, teasing her with a small smile before letting her continue. He didn't envy her situation at all, his parents didn't seem to mind what he was doing with his life let alone who he was spending it with, although he understood it was only because they were so busy. Cyan had already opened his eyes to so many things, and the idea that his parents put their work before him hit him in the face with the weight of a thousand anvils. It seemed so obvious that he was following their footsteps now that he thought about it, and he tried to push down the growls of guilt he felt as he realised how Maddie must have felt. It was no good feeling sorry now that the time had passed, but he swore to himself there and then he wouldn't turn out like his parents. "You'll always have me," He knew she'd probably think he was joking, but he tried to keep the sincerity in the atmosphere.

He had come to think in the last few days, that perhaps there had been an undertone in his reasoning for breaking things off with the Gryffindor asides from not wanting to drag her through his discomfort, and as he was disrupted from his thoughts by Cyan, he smiled down at her comment, knowing that his theories were confirmed. He felt so relaxed with the Hufflepuff and looked forward to their conversations, she was so easy to talk to. "Reeeaallly?" He grinned back, stretching out the word. "Well, I don't believe you" He said, his eyebrows raising and tone changing to serious as he sat a little taller on the table. She wasn't going to be able to change his mind just like that.

Cyan raised a back eyebrow unto her blonde hairline. "Of course I talk about you." She said. "I told my mom everything about you." She giggled slightly. "My mom asked if we were going to date, and when I was going to bring you home to meet them." She spoke so casually about things, though afterwards reaffirmed they were just friends. "I told my mom the kiss was a friendship thing. She doesn't believe me." Cyan stretches slightly, wiggling around to get more comfortable in her seating arrangement.

There was a brief silence between thoughts, when finally Aion brought to her attention that he did not believe her that he has the cutest smile. "You do though!" She insisted before releasing his hand and grabbing at his ribs, tickling him the best she could so as to instigate a smile from him. She hoped it worked, as she wanted to prove his smile was much cuter than hers - and as she tickled him her own face split into a smile.

Aion chuckled at the knowledge that Cyan's mum knew all about him, and didn't have to wait long to find out what she thought of him. He was sure that if he ever did meet her, he'd have to be on his best behaviour, he wouldn't want her to think any more than she already did. He was looking forward to speaking to his own dad once he graduated, hopeful that he'd come along to help him choose his new mode of transport.

Aion did his best not to shoot straight off the table as she aimed for his ribs, and proceeded to thrash around on the table before he could grab her wrists. "That's not fair, you're sitting on me!" He smiled slightly, sliding her off his lap as he recovered from her outburst. Hopping down to stand beside her, he turned to wrap his arms around her, lifting her up into the spot he'd just been sat. At this height, their heads were almost at the same level, and he gave in and grinned at her. "You think you're still winning?" He asked quietly, his eyes sparkling at the sudden adrenaline. It might have been nearly midnight but he had no plans on sleeping any time soon.

Cyan laughed loudly at the reaction that's a Aion had to her tickling. Her slightly bony, nimble fingers toyed with his sides through the fabric and she continued to struggle as he did the same. The two fought a little in the tickling kerfuffle when finally Aion managed to gain control, latching onto her petite wrists. Cyan continued to laugh, squealing when he moved her off him. "Hey! Hey! What're you doin!" She squealed a little more through laughing and attempting to catch her breath. She'd not had such relaxed fun in a long time - since she was a child most likely.

"See!" She said when he finally grinned. "Your smile! Look how cute you are!" She grinned even wider, her teeth exposed to him. Aion was the only one she smiled like this for, so ashamed for so long of her teeth. Cyan reached out and pulled him a little closer before grabbing st his cheeks. "Look at you!" She teased more before laughing. "I'm so lucky to have the best friend in the entire galaxy."

Aion was following Cyan's lead in the laughing, glad that he was making her smile as much as she was. He didn't want to have to leave her soon, and would have been perfectly happy spending the rest of his time at Hogwarts here with her instead. As she pulled him nearer, his arms were still around her waist, but he found himself closing in on a hug, his head resting on her shoulder. He closed his eyes for a second, burying himself into her "I know" he teased quietly. A moment of silence past before his eyes flashing open to lock onto something that caught his eye behind her.

With one arm supporting her back, Aion reached out to drag a plate of sausage rolls closer to the pair, giving no regard to whether it was being saved for something that was taking place in the castle. It was difficult to comprehend that he was still at school when Cyan's presence made him feel at home. He couldn't stand the sight of chocolate at the moment, and was grateful for the number of savoury snacks they'd managed to find that night. Taking one from the top, he leant back a little to offer her one "Since you've really not eaten much tonight" he said, as though he wouldn't have noticed.

The pair got closer and closer, Cyan sat on the edge of the table so that she could press against Aion in their hug. She could feel his heartbeat against hers, beating fast from all the laughing and messing around they'd been partaking in. It was a comforting feeling, and Cyan as well was able to close her eyes briefly. Everything about being around Aion was so easy. She wished she could show her parents this, show how much he seemed to care for her. Would his blood status really matter if her parents knew what an amazing friend he was? If they knew how he let her vent and gave her the best advice, and how he didn't care if she accidentally drooled a little when she slept on him in the student lounge. Cyan hoped maybe one day she could tell the truth about Aion being mixed, but she was sure at this point in time her parents would force them to stop being friends. Maybe once she was married to a pureblood she could convince them.

Cyan's eyes popped open when Aion moved, holding her tightly in place as he reached for something behind them. She leaned back only slightly, before returning to her original sitting position and looking at the plate of sausage rolls. She looked at the one in his hand. She felt better, hungrier, now that she'd opened up to the issues she'd hand and lent forward. She took the sausage roll into her mouth and away from him, the small pieces made to be bite sized. She chewed but reached for another, and offered him the same treatment he'd given her, waiting until she swallowed to speak. "My hands are clean. Other than touching you." She joked, as if to call Aion dirty.

He didn't really care if anyone was to see him now, here alone with his best friend as they were enjoying their evening. Anyone could be saying whatever they wanted about him behind his back and they were welcome to, he wouldn't have changed the connection they had for the world. There was no pressure when he spent time around her, and even though this had been his most social school year to date, he was feeling as though he was still on top of his studying. He's spent so long worrying about failing that he'd forgotten the importance of keeping a balance, and the more he was around Cyan, the easier things were getting for the Ravenclaw.

He watched Cyan, glad she was feeling better, or at least more like her usual self enough to accept a snack. "They better be" he said, lifting the roll out of her hand between his teeth. He chomped it down quickly, not really hungry any more but unable to refuse food "Would you really do it?" He said eventually, honestly wondering if she would be willing to go through something like that. He reached for another sausage roll, popping it onto his mouth as he waited for her response.

Cyan smiled at his response. Of course they were clean. The last time she washed them was just before coming down to the kitchens, and all she'd done thus far was playfully wrestle with Aion, and munch on crisps. She laughed though. "All except from rubbing my hands all over the school walls. But those are clean right?" She asked jokingly wiping her hand on his back for extra humor. Things like this were so easy for Cy to do, even if she'd never pictured herself having anyone to be this close with she was happy that it was Aion, and that he felt the same way.

"Do... the treatment?" She asked, referring to her own gaped and mildly crooked teeth. The teen sighed. "Of course I would. I... I hate my teeth." She admitted. "When I was in elementary school they used to make fun of me for them. Said it was like a coin slot. Coin operated freak." She laughed slightly, but her laugh was fairly hollow. "I always worried my teeth would get in the way of kissing and things like that, but I guess they must not. Now I can say I've at least kissed one person." Perhaps it was wrong of Cyan but she didn't count Aion necessarily as their kiss hadn't meant anything like she thought Alessio meant with his.

"You might come to regret that" he smiled, reaching for one her hands. It seemed whenever Aion was around the woman he wasn't able to let her go, always wanting to be physically close to her. Although he wasn't sure why, he noticed Cyan was similar in that respect and he'd decided a long time ago he was going to make the most of it while he could. It wouldn't be this way forever, no doubt one day they would have to separate and go their own ways, as life got a little more involved, but for the Ravenclaw he wanted what they had now to last as long as possible.

He found himself smiling as she mentioned her teeth might get in the way. He'd had the same thought himself before he met Maddie, but now that he'd a little more experience he knew it didn't effect anything in that regard. He was actually glad she'd found someone else after his own mistake in that area. He wouldn't be able to give her what she was looking for, if that was what she was after. No, while it had been great in the moment, she needed someone else if she wanted to be romantically involved, and now that her options were seemingly opening it took the pressure off Aion even further, allowing him to let go of any of his own remorse.

His green eyes found hers, his hand tucking her hair behind her ear as he considered what he'd say next. "Kids will say anything to get ahead of their classmates." he began, knowing that from his own experience, "You should do what makes you happy though" he finished, not sure he wanted to be the person to try to convince her either way.

Cyan laughed hand intertwined her fingers with his. "Really now, Mr. Zephyr. You'll come to find that I am a girl who does not regret anything." It wasn't entirely true. She regretted kissing back Alessio - the whole situation was a regret. If she hadn't felt the need to get her frustration out on someone easy to target it never would have happened. Perhaps Cyan would be better off learning how to let go. She wasn't so sure that was in her vocabulary at this point in time though.

Cyan kept an eye at the smile on his face, looking over his features. From his green orbs, to the thin shape of his upper lip. She admired his high cheekbones and the way his blue/green hair sat semi-messily a top his head. Cyan reached out and stroked a hand through it to cause all the locks to fall the same direction, hair parting where it always did. The way they were comfortable with each other was astounding, considering she'd never let anyone else touch her hair. After she'd let Aion a few times she had made a point to tell him how lucky he was as she was picky with her hair and who had hands on it. It was the reasons he cut and styled and dyed it herself. "What if I don't know what makes me happy. Other than you.... I'm so unsure of everything else. We'll be best friends forever, right Aion?" She asked, her hand found it's way to his cheek, in a way making sure he looked into her brown orbs, to detect any lies he might tell - if he was to tell any.

Although not entirely convinced, Aion let her believe that she wasn't one to feel any sort of regret. Everyone had something they weren't particularly proud of or they wish they could have done differently. "I don't know, you can't always be happy with what you do otherwise how would you ever learn from your mistakes?" He asked, not really expecting an answer, but thinking out loud. He let her touch his face, grazing what little of his facial hair he had against her hand. It really wasn't much at all but what he had he was proud of. "I think you know, deep down at least. Maybe not everything is figured out and set in stone, but there will be things you value above others" he added, nestling his face against her skin. "You doubt we won't be?" he smiled, his hand dropping to take hers, his pinkie wrapping around her most delicate finger. "You can't escape that easily, I'll be long dead and buried before we stop being friends" he promised, knowing how easy it would be to keep it.

Cyan chuckled at him. "I don't make mistakes. I'm just that smart." Again she toted that she was someone who had no regrets and made no mistakes, though hopefully it was obvious enough that it was a joke. Cyan knew she wasn't overly smart, it was one of the things about herself she was most frustrated with. When nestled against the girl let out a sigh of content, hugging close to her with one arm he best friend, the other limp beside her on the place she was seated. For once her height worked well for her, as they were nearly equal when she was sat up there, making hugging much easier than before. She giggled at his pinkie swear. It was cute at the least. "You're amazing." She breathed in a hushed tone. "I can't wait to travel with you once I'm out of this place. I'll do a traveling salon, and we can have our families be best friends." She romanticized the idea, even though the future was very unclear for the two of them.

Aion smiled at her response, squeezing her finger slightly as she accepted his promise. He glanced down and back up to her face, his other arm still wrapped around her waist keeping them in a close hug. "I'd like that" he said as his head titled slightly to the side. A thought flashed through his mind, and he let out a small sigh as he considered the challenges he would be coming up against in a few months. They spent as much time as they good together right now, but once Aion was graduated and Cyan still had a year left at the school, he knew it was going to be a difficult situation. "I'm gonna miss you" he added quietly, his eyes not leaving hers. It hadn't been his intention to lower the mood but whenever he was around the Hufflepuff, he found that he had such little control over the words he was saying, knowing he was able to speak so freely around her. Obviously he would be coming to see her at every available opportunity, but that did little to push the idea that soon he would be going weeks between seeing his favourite person.

Ryder was still finding his way around the castle even though it was a few weeks into his first semester, but one of the first places he had sought out was the kitchens. When he had been at Hogwarts Scotland the kitchens were a stones throw away from the Hufflepuff common room so late night trips were a regular thing. Now he was a professor at the New Zealand school he had further to travel but the fact he didn't have to worry about being caught was a perk he was very much enjoying. The corridors were empty as the Professor made his way down to the lower levels and towards the kitchen. He hoped there were no students inside, he wasn't in the mood to bust anyone. Once he found himself inside the kitchen it was clear he had jinxed himself as he found himself face to face with two students who seemed to be in quite an intimate situation. "Am I interrupting?" Ryder asked in his most professory voice.

Cyan smiled, and pressed her forehead against Aion's, eyes close to his to the pint her thick eyelashes almost brushed his own. She breathed lightly with him so close to her she felt so relaxed and at peace. "I'm going to miss you too. Just don't make me miss you for too long at a time." She spoke, her face heated so close to her best friend. Breath ticking her face. Cyan was content just to be there - but it didn't last long. A voice spoke behind them, as if someone trying to sound professional. Cyan peaked past Aion, almost drawing him closer to do so. She smiled at whom she assumed was a prefect. "Hey! No it's okay!" She moved the plate forward. "Want a sausage roll?" She offered kindly, moving from being wrapped completely around Aion, to sitting off to the side, still on the table. "I don't recognize you! I'm Cyan. This is my best friend ever Aion!" She gave a bright smile, still holding out the plate. "What house are you in?" She inquired to the young looking gentleman.

Aion was comfortable with his head against hers, his eyes closing as they spent a brief moment in their own company. He would come by the school during every break, and when the holidays permitted, Aion already knew a few places he wanted to show her. As a voice spoke behind them, the moment was broken and Cyan was quick to welcome him into the room. Aion turned, his eyes landing on the man with a sense of confusion. If Cyan didn't recognise him, and Aion didn't know him from any of his seventh year lessons, he didn't look young enough to be a fifth year, that only left one option. He glanced between his best friend and the man, trying not to laugh as she offered him one of their snacks. He wanted to tell the man that yes, he had interrupted, but if he was who he thought they may end up in more trouble than it was worth. "I'm not sure he's in a house" He said quietly enough for only the Hufflepuff to hear. Looking to the man, he decided there and then that if anyone was going to go down for this, it wouldn't be her. "I asked Cyan to join me for some snacks" He told him, hopeful but doubtful that he'd leave them in peace.

Ryder tried not to laugh when the girl asked him his house. He knew he was young and he looked so but he didn't know he looked that young. "I assure you I am not in any house," The temptation had been there to play along and tell her he was a Hufflepuff as he had been in Hogwarts Scotland but it seemed that her friend had a better idea of what he was. Ryder listened as the boy told him he had invited the girl Cyan to join him for snacks. "Given that it is midnight and neither of you are prefects, what exactly gives you the right to invite anyone to the kitchens at this time of night?"

Cyan listened to what Aion said and although a smile remained on her lips she felt her heart sink. This was a professor. She felt her stomach begin flopping and realized if that was the case and they got in trouble, they might write to her parents. If they did that they might think Aion was a bad influence and not want her around him anymore. Cyan hopped off the table and looked up at the professor. She had to lie - what was a good lie? "Not Prefects?" She asked and then laughed for a second. "Good one!" She laughed, nudging Aion. "We are though. I know we shouldn't have been slacking on parole professor, but I got so hungry after walking these stairs." She commented, hand over her stomach as if to show she was being honest. That she'd been hungry. "I promise we'll get right back to patrolling. I'm so sorry." She apologized again - hoping her close mouth smile was enough to show sincerity. She wasn't the greatest liar in the world - but she'd give her self a six out of ten for the idea she came up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back