Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Straight 16 1/2 Inch Rigid Blackthorn Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
Since becoming captain of the Ravenclaw quidditch team, anything Flavio did that involved flying was done under the guise of practicing to ensure himself as well as everyone around him that he was deserving of the role. It was a worry of his that if he did anything but show dedication and commitment to the team and all he had earned it would all be taken away, a difficult insecurity to balance between keeping his grades as impressive as they were and one that left him little time to spare for the things he did enjoy. Luckily, flying, no matter the extra pressure Flavio felt to play well in quidditch games and prove his worth was still somewhat enjoyable for him and a way to let off steam after a long day, which was especially important recently when his days were taken up with studying. An added benefit to this was the opportunity Flavio had to practice with Marcos, their positions of keeper and chaser on their teams respectively allowing both of them to hone their skills while alternately spending time together; something Flavio was sure would be impossible otherwise considering his schedule.

Being able to practice, spend time with his brother, and prove to everyone that he was able to be a good captain without letting his other commitments get in the way was the perfect combination for Flavio, really. As he flew around the quidditch pitch that afternoon, repeatedly attempting to get a goal past his brother he found himself beginning to feel content rather than restless for the first time in a while. A feeling he wanted to cherish while he could. Flavio was not keeping count of the amount of times he had thrown the quaffle towards the hoops but he had begun to feel his arms strain a little from the exertion. Though he tried to work past that as he threw the quaffle again, watching with amusement as it was saved. A smile appeared on his face as he flew to where Marcos was hovering. "I'm getting tired if you couldn't tell." He said, holding his hands out so his brother could hand the quaffle over. "Do you want to practice for a few more minutes, then call it a day?" Flavio was clearly losing his game the more their practice dragged on, but he didn't want that to keep Marcos from practicing if the other boy was still eager to continue.​
<i>
</i>

Marcos had finally had opportunities to play in matches, he had been an alternate a while and was glad of any opportunity to just play. It was good fun too, he liked being able to prove himself to others, he liked being able to improve on his own skills by being the keeper in real matches where the stakes were far higher. It also meant he was working a little more closely to improve himself, spending a little more time, a little more seriously practicing. He tended to practice with Flavio, as he was currently doing, but while he still attempted to have fun, he was also keen to focus himself and actually try and be better at catching the ball. Practicing with Flavio was a gift too, his brother was a great chaser and he was also a great captain, which gave Marcos' private practices more drive and more situations in which he could improve. The teen was happy on that day to be practicing with his brother but as the time went on, he was certainly getting increasingly tired. He could feel his concentration slipping more and more, he fumbled with the ball more, but each time he did he took a deep breath and just focused once more.

The gryffindor noted his brother flying towards him, he had noted too increasingly that Flavio appeared to be getting tired, his face more strained when he threw the quaffle. It was a good thing therefore that what he said was tired, since so was Marcos, he nodded, "Me too," he replied running a hand through his sweaty hair, he nodded at the question which followed, "Just a few more minutes," definitely in Marcos' tone was an indication that he too was getting more tired. But he just passed the ball over and then back into position. He continued to do his best for a few more minutes but by the fourth minute he waved his hands in the air, flying over, "Flav, I can't any more," he said speaking softly in spanish to his brother, "Can we stop?" he knew his brother's answer would be yes and they could just go back to the changing rooms and sit down for a bit. Training for quidditch was quite necessary but it didn't stop it being rather tiring, and they'd been at it for a while. Marcos wasn't entirely sure how Flavio managed his time, because Marcos was certainly less able to. "This was good," he added as he began to head towards the changing rooms, practicing with Flavio was hard work, but the pay off would be worth it.

A few more minutes wouldn't do anyone harm, and it was for this reason Flavio nodded, agreeing to Marcos' answer and accepting the quaffle as it was passed over despite feeling exhaustion creep up on him. He repeated the action of attempting to throw the quaffle past his brother until the other boy waved him over, a sigh of relief passing his lips when Marcos asked if they could stop. Changing into clean clothes followed by spending the remainder of the day in the library studying was all Flavio wanted in that moment so after another nod to Marcos' words he too began to fly down to the ground. When his shoes reached the soft grass of the pitch Flavio stepped away from his broom, carrying it in one hand and the quaffle under the opposite arm towards the changing rooms. "It's always good to practice with you, thanks for keeping me company." He mused. Though Flavio's schedule was hectic and his attention spread between multiple responsibilities, it was always pleasant to spend time with family. He felt lucky for the fact he could balance time with Marcos alongside quidditch practice, sure that if it weren't for their mutual interest in flying, their time together would be more infrequent and increasingly fleeting when the school year was underway.

After changing into fresh clothes and returning the quidditch gear they were using to where it belonged, Flavio emerged from the changing rooms alongside Marcos, still carrying his broom as they began to leave the pitch. His plan was to return the broom to his dorm, then venture to the library to study for exams. Marcos likely assumed this about him, but Flavio couldn't assume the same knowing Marcos' interests differed from his own. Playfully nudging his brother's side with his elbow as they walked, Flavio asked. "What are you doing now? Got any other things you need to do today?" He was curious to see what Marcos' plans were, if he had any.​
<i>
</i>

Marcos was definitely worn out and out of breathe when they finally stopped. He flew down to the ground and let his legs adjust to the solid grass before he followed Flavio off the pitch. Training like that always wore him out, it didn't matter who he spent that time with, but there was just a whole other level of exhaustion that followed with this last training session, they'd spent so much time in the air going back and forth and with all the renewed passio they both had for the sport. He was sure that when it came to an actual game, he would be as focused in preventing Flavio from scoring, it would be his duty as keeper of the gryffindor team to do so. Marcos walked a little slower than Flavio and nodded with as he spoke again, "You kidding Flav, this is gonna be so helpful for me, thanks for helping me improve on my playing," the boy gushed easily, of course he was thankful of it, of course he was happy to be training with his brother, of course he wanted nothing more than to improve under the tutelage of his brother.

It was good to get out of the sweaty clothes and into something far more suited to what they would be able to wear around the school, though Marcos had plans to go back to the dorm and take a shower so that he could feel even clear and ready for the rest of the day. "Probably head back to the dorm, I've got plans with Gabriel and maybe Gabriella afterwards. Gonna clean up a little more too though," he shrugged his shoulders a little and then looked to Flavio, "What about you?" he asked, he figured flavio with his hundreds of other responsibilities would have a tone of other things to do and therefore would be exceedingly busy. But he liked to know about his brother's day, they were all they had left in this school, and marcos would miss these little conversations when Flavio graduated.

Through his frequent owl exchanges with his brothers, it was no secret to them that Ignacio had found a new job. But what had been kept secret was exactly what this new job was, and most importantly where he would be working because unbeknownst to Flavio and Marcos, it was in close proximity to them. Keeping the secret initially had been difficult, and for the few days that passed since Ignacio's arrival to Hogwarts it wasn't any easier, the temptation to purposely run into one of them in the great hall or on the school grounds difficult to ignore. Though somehow despite wanting to tell them the moment he stepped foot on the Hogwarts grounds, he had managed to hold out on telling his brothers and avoided seeing them while on his groundskeeper duties around the school, waiting for the perfect opportunity to surprise them with the news. Fortunately for Ignacio he did not need to wait much longer as the opportunity to surprise them came quickly in a letter earlier that week when Flavio mentioned an afternoon quidditch practice with Marcos.

An exact time and location to arrive and surprise his younger brothers was all Ignacio needed to go ahead with his plan. He spent the day getting ahead on his tasks around the castle grounds, the majority of his morning taken up with tending to the gardens. When afternoon began, he felt accomplished enough to take a short break, using the time he had to head towards the quidditch pitch. From a distance, he could see what he assumed were his brothers flying in the air, later descending from his view and he assumed back down to the ground. Ignacio situated himself next to the entrance of the pitch, leaning against a pillar with his arms folded as he waited for his brothers to emerge. Eventually they walked right past him, chatting about their plans for the rest of the day. Ignacio waited until he was certain they hadn't noticed him, then called out to capture their attention. "Boys, what about spending time with me?" He couldn't contain the wide smile that appeared on his face as he anticipated their reaction. Surely neither of them expected his new job would be at Hogwarts where he could spend time with them during the school year.​

Flavio smiled at Marcos' response to his question, admittedly a little jealous that his brother was able to spend time with his friends so spontaneously but happy for the Gryffindor all the same. Flavio's own schedule was on the opposite end of the spectrum, not allowing him to run off and spend time with November or any of his friends without organizing a time and place first, because that was the way his life needed to be when his time was required equally between different responsibilities. Sometimes he thought about how less hectic his days would be without a schedule to follow, but whenever that thought crossed his mind it was dismissed as quickly as it appeared, Flavio knowing that no matter how difficult it was to keep up with everything he wouldn't have it any other way. With all that was on his plate, being organized was necessary and while stressful on occasion, most other times it was comforting, a reassurance that he was constantly working hard towards his goals whenever he questioned his progress.

Flavio continued smiling as they reached the entrance of the pitch and headed out to the school grounds, answering the question when it was returned to him. "I wish I could shower and feel refreshed but I don't have time. I'm going to return my broom to my dorm and then go to the library and study." Exams always stressed Flavio out to no end, insecurities that his work would never be good enough and a problem would suddenly materialize out of nothing, and ruin the work he had put in leading him to feel on edge. It was easy enough to hide this feeling thus far but as Flavio heard an all too familiar voice from behind him he instinctively jumped at the surprise, bringing his free hand to his chest and looking over to Marcos with a shocked expression. A moment later he turned around to see none other than his brother, Ignacio, smiling at them. Flavio's shock transitioned to confusion at the sight as he tried to process what was unfolding. It was the last thing he expected from that afternoon and it was difficult for him to believe he wasn't seeing things.​
<i>
</i>

Marcos didn't envy his older brother and the significantly more serious exams that the other had. The OWLs and the NEWTs didn't sound like they would be much fun, and Marcos had to assume when he started on those years that his own studying would have to improve, but Marcos had a problem in that he didn't know how to study. He had spent the last few years pulling his grade up a fraction, keeping them steady and keeping them at one level, but he knew that he needed to try far more seriously in the coming years of school. he needed to be pushing the grades up, he needed to be doing better, achieving higher in every aspect of his classes, but it was hard for him, he was not as naturally intelligent as his siblings, as most of the people within his year group. The gryffindor however pushed these feelings aside and just smiled broadly at his brother, "One of these days Flav, you'll need to show me how you study," He was half joking and half not, he should probably ask Flavio to help him study when they both had a chance, but for now, he was just happy to spend the time playing quidditch with him.

The sound of an older and exceedingly familiar voice startled Marcos, much like it had Flavio. He turned around with a curious expression, and the moment he saw who it was broke into a run to give the older man a hug. Marcos couldn't believe it. Ignacio at the school!? Marcos wrapped his arms around the hug in a fierce hug, all of the sentiments of missing the man expressed as he clearly didn't want to let go. What was he doing there, why was he there specifically, why wouldn't he have told them he would be at the school. Why wouldn't that have come up at any point?! Marcos pulled out of it, and kept his gaze on the taller man, "What are you doing here Ignacio?" he asked, naturally slipping into Spanish as he spoke, "Did you know about this Flav?" Perhaps Marcos had just been left out of it, but he had to assume not. Marcos was exceedingly happy to see the man, his oldest brother. He did miss all of his siblings while at school, but none more than his oldest. They'd just always gotten along so well, it was just so good to see him.

His brother's reactions were telltale, Flavio watching in confusion, trying to find logic to what was happening, and Marcos running over to capture Ignacio in a bear hug. The smile on the new groundskeeper's face would have been wider if it were possible as he instinctively held his arms out to return the hug Marcos gave him. If Marcos' happiness was anything to go by, it was was clear to Ignacio now that keeping his job a secret all to surprise his younger brothers when he arrived to Hogwarts was entirely worth it. There was never a shred of doubt that they wouldn't react to his presence with happiness and excitement, but seeing Marcos' smile was confirmation this was the best choice for him, that breaking ties from a life he lived for so long to find a fresh start with something honest, never mind the amount of hard work, was the best thing he could have done for himself and his family. It was a light at the end of the tunnel and he couldn't have been happier with it. Disbelief that he was truly there and questioning how or why he was there in the first place was expected, and after pulling away from his hug with Marcos, Ignacio answered the question. "I'm the new groundskeeper! This is my new job, I get to be here with you two when you're at school." His gaze shifted between Marcos and Flavio, a smile still plastered on his face. "Val and Pia know, but I kept it a secret to surprise both of you." In a small way he was surprised himself that their sisters hadn't jumped the gun and sent an owl warning Flavio at least of the surprise ahead of them, but he was pleased they managed to keep it to themselves all this time because it made the reactions from his brothers genuine and worth the wait.​

Flavio was certain he was hallucinating his brother standing by the pitch, and he blinked rapidly expecting the image to dissapear, leaving him heading back to his dorm feeling out of place rather than eager to continue studying. But instead the reality of the situation was confirmed by Marcos' reaction, the gryffindor running over to hug Ignacio and proving that what Flavio was seeing wasn't a figment of his imagination, and their older brother was indeed on the school grounds and directly addressing them. After a few more moments of pure disbelief when he overcame the confusion, trying to figure out why Ignacio was there when people who weren't students or working at Hogwarts were rarely allowed to set foot on the grounds, Flavio stepped over to where his brothers were standing with convenient enough timing to listen to the explanation. Suddenly it all made sense, his brothers presence at Hogwarts first of all, and later the knowing glances between his sisters a while ago that he didn't have a reason to think were suspect until that very moment. A grin appeared on Flavio's face as he placed his broom on the ground to give Ignacio a hug of his own. Although his hug was brief and less enthusiastic than the one Marcos gave Ignacio he thought it showed his happiness all the same. "Must have been difficult keeping this from us." Flavio speculated, reaching to pick up his broom from the ground. "But I can see why you did, this is amazing." He smiled, looking between his two brothers. His reaction was calmer than Marcos', but Flavio was still happy to see Ignacio, and was excited to have more of his family around during the school year. It would certainly make for a better support system during the stress of exams, and a reminder of Chile whenever he felt homesick.​
<i>
</i>

Marcos really could not believe that his brother was actually here with them both. He unwrapped his arms from around his brother. It had been nice to get a true hug from the older man. They didn’t get to see each other often enough and boy did he miss him. Marcos missed Pia and Val too, but his bond to Ignacio was different from all of those, even his one with Flavio. Plys as Ignacio explained what he was doing he couldn’t believe that either he or his sisters had managed to keep a secret. They had all been so close knit and he could appreciate the surprise of seeing his brother like this, but he was just pleased that Ignacio was going to be here. He would be able to come to him for any problems he had, not bombard Flavio too much when the older boy had a lot of his own life to be getting on with.

Marcos smiled at them both, ”I can’t believe them,” he gave a fake pout, but he was just happy to see his brother. Marcos knew that it would be nice to have him in the school. Marcos couldn’t quite pick which overwhelming emotion he had in all this. Marcos had been a little worried about being at school alone, he had spent time while the rest of his siblings had been off at school alone, and he was keen to not really repeat that, so the prospect of Flavio graduating soon hadn’t put his mind too at ease. This prospect now, having ignacio got rid of all of that. ”It’s really good to see you Ignacio, I missed you,” Marcos’ spanish was soft and sincere. He could see why he’d done this, ”When did you arrive?” He asked, wondering how long Ignacio had been dodging them to find an occasion where they’d both be together. Maybe it was just some exceedingly good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back