OOC First Name
Kaye
Blood Status
Half Blood
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Swishy Vine Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
To Winnie said:
Hello Winnie,

I am writing to you as I have recently become aware that you have moved schools since I haven't seen you around. I hope this letter gets to you because I wanted to see how you were going. I hope you didn't move schools because you were getting bullied or something, because that happened to my sister and my sister is a really nice person, and so are you.

Hogwarts is quite boring at the moment as the new year only just started, but I least I did alright in my OWL exams. You have yours this year don't you? Unless you moved to Beauxbatons, because they don't do their OWL exams until their sixth year. What school did you move to? I'm sorry we didn't get to talk in person before you left, because I didn't know you were going to leave. Did you tell me and I forgot? I'm really sorry if that was the case, I can be pretty forgetful sometimes.

Anyway, I hope you're doing well. I will miss you at the Valentine's Day Dance.

All the best,
Patrick.

To Patrick said:
Patrick!!!

It’s absolutely wonderful to hear from you! I’m so so sooo sorry I vanished, I should have sent a letter telling you what happened so you wouldn’t worry.

To answer your questions, I moved because my parents split up, this means I had to go the UK to live with my dad for most of the year. I did not tell you this earlier because it was a surprise to me, I didn’t expect it and I am still heartbroken.

I go to Hogwarts in Scotland now, and I do have my OWL exams which are really scary!!! but luckily my friend Domi (you might know her from Hogwarts in New Zealand???) also just moved here. I’m enjoying school a lot more now that I have a friend, it makes these scary exams a little easier!

I am doing okay, but I wish you were here too. School would be way more fun with another friend to hang out with!

How is your sixth year going?? Is it scarier than fifth year? Are you still playing quidditch?? Tell me everything that’s happening over there!

I’ll also be thinking of you this valentine’s day!

Winnie xoxo

To Winnie said:
Hey Winnie,

I'm glad to see you're happy to hear from me and it is very much okay that you did not tell me. That does sound very complicated and I can understand why you might not have told me right away. Does that mean you'll still visit New Zealand to see your mum in the holidays? We could meet up and see each other again if you do because I would be very happy to see you again. It feels like forever since I've seen you.

That's good you've moved to Hogwarts Scotland, because at least it's not so different, and that's also good that you have a friend. I don't know anyone else who went to that school, so I'm sorry I can't help you make friends, but I'm sure you'll be fine. The OWL exams were scary so make sure you study, but once it's all over with it will be worthwhile. Feel free to make time to study rather than send me letters all of the time. I will understand if there are gaps between replies and I hope you do well in your exams.

I can agree that school would be much more fun with another friend, and it's good that you think of me as someone who is fun. I thought you were very fun to hang out with too.

Quidditch is still on the agenda for me. I finally managed to get the full beater position on the Hufflepuff team, and so I will be focusing a lot on quidditch this year in hopes I will be able to make the captain and myself proud. I only have two more years left of playing on the team so I'm hoping I will be able to get better before then.

Sixth year isn't very much different to fifth year, at least I don't think so. I just think there's a lot less pressure for everyone which is good. Halloween is coming up and I was thinking of dressing up as The Flash. He's popular in the muggle world and there are comics about him. He's not really scary, and is more of a superhero, but I quite like him and I don't want people to be scared of me. Were you thinking of dressing up for Halloween this year? I'm sure any idea you have would make much more sense than mine.

Thank you for writing back to me. It was nice to read your letter and see you're doing well.

-Patrick.

To Patrick said:
Patrick,

I am seeing my mum for christmas this year, I think. It’s going to be weird to spend christmas without my dad there, so I’d love to spend some time with you! It would be a relief to spend time with someone I want to hang out with, outside of all the madness. Since it will be summer in New Zealand, we can get ice cream or something!

The owl exams are difficult, I’m worried about passing, but I am studying too so don’t worry. If we do meet up in the holidays, I’ll have to ask you for study tips! I’m sure you’re really smart, and can help me out a lot.

Oh congrats on making the proper team!!! I wish I could see one of your games, I bet you’ll make everyone proud. Know that if I was still at HNZ I’d be at every game wearing Hufflepuff colours, even if you’re playing against Ravenclaw.

I do know the flash!! He’s the one that runs really fast, and his symbol is a lightning bolt like Harry Potter! That’s a great costume, I went as princess ariel!! I want to use my red hair for more costumes, so the little mermaid was perfect. I felt really glamorous and wearing the mermaid tail was fun, even if it was hard to walk in sometimes.

Did you have a good halloween? The yule ball is soon, do you have any plans for it? Do you have a date? Tell me everything!!!

Winnie xoxo

To Winnie said:
Hey again Winnie,

That's great news that you're seeing your mum this year! We can definitely get some ice-cream then. The shop is always crowded around summer time, but I think it will definitely be worth it. What is your favourite flavour of ice-cream? I know it's boring, but my favourite is chocolate!

I don't think I'm smart at all. I got all my study tips from my older sister. She was a Ravenclaw, just like you, so I'm sure you're also pretty smart. But if you need any tips I can try to help you. I'm sure you will be fine though.

That's so nice of you Winnie! It would feel good knowing that someone was there supporting me in the crowd. My younger sister hates the idea of quidditch and so she's never at any of my games. I will definitely be thinking of you though, and maybe that will make me feel less nervous about it all. It is really a lot of pressure, and my first game is coming up really soon so if I take a while for the next reply then you will know why!

I'm imagining you now as Princess Ariel and I'm sure you looked magnificent. It was such a good idea to use your red hair as part of the costume. Did you put any sparkles or sea shells in it? Walking in that tail definitely sounds hard.

Halloween was fun for me, how was yours? Initially I was going to ask you to the Yule Ball this year, but since you can't go I asked another friend I met this year through quidditch, and she said yes. You might know her! Her name is Jemma Potter and she's in your year.

I hope everything is going well!
Patrick x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back