Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Alder Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Landon had quite a good week at Hogwarts. He enjoyed teaching his students and taking them all on field trips and especially enjoyed writing letters to Georgiana, reading about her new job and telling her about his. Unfortunately, the week was not too good for everyone at Hogwarts, and when Landon had heard the news about one of his colleagues, he couldn't help but feel sympathetic. He wasn't entirely sure about the whole situation as it didn't have much to do with him, but he wanted to make Monty feel as though he wasn't alone and Landon was happy to be there for support, even with his limited knowledge on the situation. The Herbology professor prepared a get well gift basket with some candy, a teddy bear, and some reading material he hoped he would enjoy. He decorated the basket with some flowers from his garden and a small balloon that said 'Get Well Soon' in hopes it would make Monty feel better. With this basket in his hand, Landon made his way over to the hospital wing, knocking softly on the door before entering. It was a shame to see Monty lying there. "Hello Monty, how have you been?" he asked, hoping he didn't mind the visit.

After what had felt like a year stuck in the hospital wing, Monty had finally been given his discharge date. Just one more day and one more night separated him from freedom; and though the minutes now passed slower than ever, he was almost too happy to mind - almost, because the ordeal was far from over. His first port of call upon leaving would be Professor Alicastell's office, and the prospect of that nearly tempted him to feign sickness a bit longer. But there wasn't any point. Delaying the inevitable would only make it more difficult to face - and besides, he couldn't stand lying in bed any longer.

Monty was awake when Landon arrived. He'd had so much sleep that week that he was sure he wouldn't need any more for a month. He smiled at his colleague, slightly embarrassed, but overwhelmed by his thoughtfulness. They weren't close by any definition of the word, but in that moment Monty wondered whether they ought to have been. "Hello," he said, his voice a little hoarse. He sat up and took a drink of water from the glass on his bedside table. Jon's raccoon sat there next to another card - touching gestures that had kept him feeling positive during the long, lonely week. "Mm - I'm all right; thank you. On the mend. Is that for me?"

Landon watched as Monty took a drink of water, admiring all of the gifts that he had already received as he did so. He was quite a likeable professor, and Landon's gift would not be as special as the others, but he still hoped Monty would like it. He looked down at the basket as Monty mentioned it. "Yes, of course." he said, smiling as he handed the basket over to him. He sat down in one of the chairs next to his bed, not planning to stay too long in case Monty needed some more time to rest. "It's good that the nurses are looking after you. I'm sorry this happened right in the middle of the semester." Landon did not want to discourage the professor, and so kept a smile on his face before changing the subject. "Also, I was never really able to congratulate you on your new position, so congratulations for that! I'm sure you'll do an excellent job." Landon didn't know many professors in the school, but he was certain Monty was the best one for Deputy Headmaster. After all, he was always so kind to Landon and Landon was happy to be kind back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back