OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
10 inch knotted rigid Ash with a Hippogryff feather core
Amaya was torn about attending the ball tonight. She had debated it a hundred times, but in the end the results were the same. With or without the stupid Gryffindor, she wanted to dance. She still stung a bit over the incident in the courtyard, it felt like the entire thing had been out of control. She was kinda touched that Abian had defended her after she'd been so harsh to him about his girlfriend, kinda touched that Kace had been upset when he thought there was a problem she hadn't told him about.

She wasnt going to think about it tonight, she was going to dance the night away. Or at least... she would try to. The guy that had pulled her onto the dance floor was very... lack luster, Amaya had to hold back a lot to dance with him. She tried to smile as he spun her, pulling her closer. He really had no... pizzazz, it was sad.

Last edited:
Kace didn't care what Amaya, Abian, or anybody had to say about the way he reacted that day in the courtyard. Kace felt in his guts he was right to what he had said and thanks to his twin brother, Baron, reassured him of his feelings towards the situation. At least he can count on Baron to be there for him, with Amaya...he can't say the same. Which sucks, he was counting on asking her to go to the Yule Ball with him. They were just getting along so well...then stupid Abian happened.

No matter, Kace appears by the Great Hall entrance at the night of the Yule Ball. With his hands stuffed in his pockets, Kace stepped right into music bumping atmosphere. The ball was turnt tonight and Kace is already itching to break out to some dance moves. What stopped him was seeing Amaya dance with some lame dude with two left feet. Pitiful. The Gryffindor shook his head and laughed at the pair.
"Amaya, you can't be serious?"

Amaya could feel her heart skip a beat when she heard the all-too-familiar voice behind her. "He asked," she replied, bidding the guy goodbye as the dance ended and turned to face Kace. "I just wanted to dance," she replied, meaning it in more ways than one, moving past him to the drinks table.

Kace stops laughing, rolling his eyes as the pair cut the dance short. "Then dance, don't stop because of me," Kace turns to follow Amaya to the refreshment table. "Amaya, Amaya? Why do you have to make everything so difficult? I thought we were getting along for once...until that happened," Kace added with a heavy sigh. It's like the day of the courtyard never ended, they were back where they started before.

Last edited:
Amaya didn't answer when he told her to dance, biting her lip. She wanted to say she only wanted to dance because of him, but she wasn't sure he deserved that right now. She stopped as he spoke again, all her hurt pushing to the surface. She turned, trying to keep her tears at bay. "Why do I make it difficult? Are you joking?" She crossed her arms over her chest. "You got pissed and kissed me, then refused to speak to me, and I still waited. I waited every day for you because I thought you just needed your space. Then you came back and I thought it would be okay, but suddenly I was taller and you left- you left, again, you decided we couldn't dance and took off. You weren't at the wedding, you didn't go to the classroom."

She swiped furiously at her eyes, backing away. "Abian is the only other person I trusted, and I found out through someone else he was dating someone, someone he'd never mentioned. You were gone and he was keeping secrets, I was hurt and alone and I lashed out, I shoved him into the wall and yelled at him, and I broke. I told him everything, and next thing I knew the only people I trusted were at each others throats and I just wanted it to stop."

She let out a sob and covered her mouth with a hand, shaking her head and turning away in an attempt to flee. She couldn't do this right now, all she wanted was to tell him how she felt, and she knew she couldn't, she would lose him completely if she did. She had to get out of here.

Last edited:
Kace felt the messy and swampy feeling of guilt weight him down with every word Amaya spoke to him. It cause him to cast down his gaze while she berated him. Kace was still struggling with his relationship with his dad. The relationship that was non-existence at this point, he didn't realize how awful he was treating Amaya. He felt bad, he felt terrible for ditching her. Kace rubbed the back of his neck, tension was building again right on his shoulders. Then she attempted to flee and he jumped right on her tail. Kace grabbed Amaya, pulling her close to him. "Don't, please don't go. I'm sorry, I didn't know...This whole mess with my twin brother, my parents got to me. I didn't realize I was doing this to you, I just needed my space y'know..."

Kace struggles with the right words to say, though, eventually he got something coherent out and he was pulling the girl more in for a hug. "Amaya, I like you. I like you a lot, trust me. I just didn't want you to be a part of my family's bullsh*t. Please, give me a chance to make up to you...just don't go. You didn't deserve all of that, and I'm sorry."

Amaya tensed as Kace pulled her back, keeping her face turned away and biting her lip, hard, trying to keep it together. She listened as he spoke, not trusting herself to respond, when he pulled her in for a hug. She let out a shaky sigh, leaning against him and wrapping her arms around his neck. "I know," she murmured, voice ragged. "I know, that's why I tried so hard to keep it to myself, I know this entire this is sideways and has you reeling, I didnt want- I'm sorry about the courtyard. I never picked sides, I just wanted the fighting to stop." She admitted gently.

She tangled a hand in his hair, staying close. "Just- you cant keep shutting me out. Please," she pleaded gently. "I'm always going to have your back, you know that, don't you?"

Kace drapes his arms in, closing them around Amaya. He heard the shakiness in her voice, the way Amaya quivers when she spoke. "Eh, if that kid is your friend I can't stop you from telling him how you feel. I just wish you had said something, anything to me. I was dumb for not knowing, but...everything was a mess," Kace sighs heavily. Everyone was to blame here, at least he wasn't the only one at fault. Kace squeeze the Slytherin tight, trying all his might to console her. To be there for her.

"Yeah, I know that now. But...sometimes I need time to get my head right. I need space to sort it out. I appreciate you, Amaya, I really do," Kace leans forward to gently, softly kiss her sweet lips.

Amaya sighed softly, liking the feeling of his arms around her. "I didn't want to worry you," she murmured softly. "I'm sorry." Her grip tightened a little on the boy, her heart beating furiously in her chest.

What happened next, she didnt expect. She wasnt prepared for it. A soft gasp escaped her lips as he kissed her. She whimpered softly, leaning into it as she kissed him back. A hand moved to rest lightly against his jaw a moment before she stepped away quickly, laughing breathlessly. "E-easy there, tiger," she patted his chest, eyes darting away nervously as she took another step back.

"You'll go giving a girl the wrong idea acting like that," she tried to sound playful, wrapping an arm around her waist and fanning her face with her hand. "Whatever would Alexis think? Heh," she bit her lip, twirling to move to the drink table. "I think I need a drink, do you?"

Kace chuckles a little, "Same here with my family's drama. I didn't want to drag you in it," Kace confessed, keeping her close. Obviously not saying anything made everything complicated between them. Not saying anything left them to feel confuse and hurt. The more they spoke, the easier it felt like he could tell her anything. The tension rolled off his shoulders, then he leans in for the kiss. The kiss may have solidified his true feelings towards her. Or, something along those lines. When she pulls away, he smirks wheeling her back in.

"Nah, I'm serious. I like you, like you," he lifted up her chin gently. "That was just a little crush. I'm over it," Kace smiles.
"So, what do you say? Wanna be my girlfriend?"

Amaya squeaked as Kace spun her back around. Her blush worsened as he spoke and lifted her chin. Her eyes widened for a moment and she was lost for words. She squeaked a little and covered his face with her hands. He was joking. Right?

She took a second to breathe, before moving her hands. "Wait, what?" She laughed nervously. "Very funny. Alexis is brilliant and pretty and I'm just... me," she shook her head, biting her lip and staring at his chest. There was no way he was serious, right?

Kace shook his head, her squeaks were adorable. "What? You sound like one of those guinea pig, a very cute guinea pig," Kace teasingly tap her nose. He didn't realize it right away, but, it came to him in that second. Kace is standing over the Slytherin, looking down at her and not looking up...He taller, he is taller than Amaya. When did that happened? With everything going on the Gryffindor didn't realize that he had a growth spurt. It didn't matter, short or tall, nothing is going to stop Kace doing what he loves. It was something stupid to worry over, because in that moment he didn't care.

"Yeah, she is but she not you. She not the great dancer, writer that you are. Stop that, you're beautiful Amaya. Trust me, you are and I want you as my girlfriend. Really, I do."

Amaya had to bite her lip to keep herself from laughing as Kace called her a Guinea pig. She smacked him in the chest. "Shut up," she grumbled half heartedly. She let out a shaky breath as he kept going.

"Hard to argue with that," she smiled nervously, finally glancing up at him. She wasnt really sure what to say, unsure he would even hear her over the wild pounding of her heart. So instead, she pushed up on tiptoe and kissed him shyly, softly.

Kace laughs, "Oh, you don't like that huh? Guinea pig, guinea pig," Kace teased. Her slap had no effect on him. Kace puffs out his chest and started to bang on his chest like an ape. "Me, Tarzan, Tarzan from New York! What up shorty?" He paddle his chest a few times, then laughs over his ridiculous behavior.

A moment later, Kace had his arms wrapped around Amaya again. Tenderly, sweet they kissed in front of other ball goers without a care in the world. He parted from her and took her hand leading his girlfriend to the dance floor. "Come on, show me how you move shorty," Kace grins, raising his brows in a flirtatious manner.

Amaya couldn't help but laugh at his silly antics, smacking his arm lightly. "That explains the smell then, monkey boy," She teased back, ignoring the flash of Tarzan and Jane that popped through her mind. She noticed something then, poking his nose. "Wait a second, I'm in heels. Shouldn't you be shorter?" She grinned.

She followed after Kace, trying not to laugh in delight. Finally, she bit her lip, squeezing his hand lightly. She almost died when the songs switched to one she knew. She couldn't help it and laughed, twirling a bit as they came into an empty spot. "Tonight is my night, I absolutely love this song," She decided, rolling her neck and taking a few breaths before starting to move as the beat dropped. She shut her eyes, getting lost as she let loose for the first time in what felt like ages. She had really improved since they'd taken up dancing together ages ago, moving effortlessly.

Amaya was caught up enough in the moment that she sang along with the chorus as she moved her hips, running her hands through her hair. "All for one we fight together, all for one we die together," She bit her lip, lost to the music. She didn't care to use it the way her sister did, but she had a good voice.

"What, what smell?" Kace took a long whiff of his pits. The scent of Irish Spring deodorant tickle his senses. "You're bugging, I smell hellah fresh, shorty," Kace grins. He peers down at her shoes, she was in fact wearing heels. "I know, that shouldn't matter. Right?" Kace wish to be past his stupidity, one of the reason that may have cause them confusion and hurt between them. Height shouldn't determine if he should dance with someone or not. Moose from New York, his old dance coach would be disappointed if he pulled that stunt in front of him.

Color him impressed, Kace enjoys the sight of his girlfriend dancing to this kind of music. "Okay then, wow! I really missed dancing with you," Kace went besides her, popping loose to the beat of the music. "Remember what I taught you? Let's do it!" Kace encouraged, falling in sync with Amaya.

Amaya laughed as Kace smelled himself, shaking her head. "Its a good thing you're cute, you're such a dork," she teased him, loving how they were falling back into an easy rapport.

Amaya smiled softly at his words. "If it doesnt matter to you it doesnt matter to me," she responded.

Amaya opened her eyes, giggling as Kace fell in with her. "Think you can keep up, kid?" She teased, falling easily into the routine they'd worked on once upon a time.

Kace patted his chest, pretending to be insulted by her innocent teasing. "I'm a dork, I'm a dork? You shouldn't be talking, Ms. Guinea Pig! Aye, I don't remember you squealing like that the first time we kiss. I guess I should say thank goodness you're beautiful, can dance, and ah write ill a*s stories or else?" Kace pokes back. There was more to her than looks that won him over. Kace made sure she knew that right from the start.

Effortlessly, he moved in sync with Amaya. They were putting good use to the routine they practice for the wedding.
"I got you, baby girl. I can do this in my sleep!"

Amaya rolled her eyes, knocking his arm. "I dont count that one as a kiss, you were panicking and stopped talking to me immediately after." She nudged him. "Besides, you didnt startle me so much last time." She shook her head. "I've been convinced this entire time you like Alexis. I honestly didnt think I had a chance," she admitted.

She laughed in delight as they moved through the routine, spinning into his arms as the song ended. She couldnt help but giggle, running a hand down his face. "So... dance lessons this weekend?" She bit her lip, smiling up at him, chocolate eyes dancing with mirth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back