Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Matt ) ( Gay
Wand
Apple, 13 1/2 inches, Essence of Belladonna
Kyle normally didn't care much about birthdays; his twelfth had passed without incident, and his eleventh had definitely been overshadowed by his acceptance to Hogwarts. This was different though; Jessy, his Jessy messy besty friendy (a nickname from when they were five and six) was becoming a teenager, and he was determined to throw her a surprise birthday picnic to make up for all the time they had lost last year.

So he headed out to the garden, an area he had only explored once; his akward, disasterous date with Llhei. He brought along a blanket, the few remaining lollies he had from the recent Brightstone weekend, and some other food he had managed to acquire from the kitchens. He set everything up, Eli sleeping patiently in the picnic basket while Kyle worked, basking in the warm sun. When he was finished, Kyle took the school owl he had borrowed from the owlery, and attached a note that simply read
. said:
JessyPantsFace

Meet me in the gardens, now. I've got a surprise for you!

-KyleMcAwesome.

He tied it to the owl's leg and the bird flew off for the castle, locating Jessy to deliver the note.

((In Hufflepuff girls dorm))

Jessy was curled up in her bed in the girls dorm, when she heard a scratching coming from the window next to her bed. She figured it was an owl delivering a letter to someone else in the dorm. She had rarely received owls whilst at Hogwarts. Someone else let the owl in, damn it. I'm sleeping! She thought to herself. When the scratching did not stop, Jessy became frustrated and hesitantly rolled out of bed to shut the owl up. She opened the window, and the owl flew in, with a letter tied to it's leg. It landed on her bed, to her surprise. She walked over to the owl, curious. As it held out it's leg for her to retrieve the letter, she raised an eyebrow. Confused, she untied the letter, and the owl flew back out of the window.

Jessy unfolded the note, and suddenly understood. Of course, she thought. Kyle is the only one who would send me mail. Smiling, she read the note. Kyle wanted to meet her in the gardens now.

Excited, she quickly changed from her pajamas into something casual and comfortable. She rushed out of the dorm with a big smile on her face.

As she made her way down to the ground floor, she took no notice of anything or anyone around her. It was always exciting to go and see Kyle, and he said he had something for her. She stepped out of the castle, and onto the lawn. As she walked, she looked around for her best friend, eager to know what he had in store for her. As she reached the gardens, she saw Kyle standing next to what looked like a picnic, already set up.

"Kyle!" She called, as she continued to walk closer. "What is this? Oh wow, a picnic? What's this for?" She smiled. She walked up to Kyle and wrapped her arms around him in a friendly hug. She pulled away and looked down at the picnic. How exciting!

Kyle was surveying his work when Jessy showed up. He returned her greeting hug, smiling widely. "Your birthday, dummy." He responded, grinning. "Happy thirteenth!" He said, rubbing his already slightly sunburned arms absentmindedly. "I got the food from the kitchens, I've got a friend down there. We can have as much as we want." He smiled, reaching into the basket and pulling out his now-awake rat. "Eli says happy birthday too." He smiled, putting the rat on Jessy's shoulder, where he snuffled happily at her hair. "I got you a present too, but food first."

Of course! Jessy had woken up so suddenly and started the day so quickly that she had actually forgotten her own birthday! How stupid!

"Oh my gosh, Kyle! Thank you so much!" As he placed Eli on her shoulder she smiled, she was quite overwhelmed. The rat snuffled in her hair, and she lifted her hand up and scratched the top of his head. She sat down on the picnic blanket and looked at all of the food. "Yum! Wow, you've done good Kyle" she giggled.

At the mention of a present, she grinned. "Aww, why can't you give it to me now?" She said in a mock-whinge.

((Hur hur hur, roleplaying in bed.))

Kyle grinned, sitting next to Jessy. "Because, that's why. Food first, then present. No ifs, ands, or buts." He took a pastry for himself, and broke off a little bit to feed to Eli, who nibbled at it happily. "So, how's it feel to be a teenager?" He asked, then took a bite of the pastry; delicious as ever. He had gotten a mixture of his and Jessy's favourite foods (which, frankly, had a lot of overlap) so that everyone would be happy, and a pretty cake, which was waiting in the basket with Jessy's present.

"To be honest, I'd forgotten it was my birthday!" Jessy laughed, eyeing up the food. She picked up a handful of sweets and sat them in her lap, removed the bright wrapping from one of them, and popped it into her mouth. "I don't feel any different. Maybe taller?" She laughed. "I wish"

"So what's this present? Do I even get a clue?"

Kyle grinned. "Taller, eh? God, I'd like to be taller. I need to hurry up and turn thirteen." He laughed, pretending to stretch himself up as big as he could go.

"No clues." Kyle grinned. "That would be cheating. If you want to guess you can guess, but I'll tell you you're wrong even if you get it right." He laughed, grabbing some lollies for himself and unwrapping one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back