Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Knotted 9 1/2 Inch Unyielding Blackthorn Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Hi y'all!!

I feel a little dumb writing this but it would've absolutely bugged me if I didn't, so here I am. I'm writing this in the welcome center and not the absence one because I'm coming back from a sort of absence rather than going on one :p

I just wanted to kinda explain why I've been so distant & absent the past month or so. I briefly mentioned that the site's down time was a great time for me because my mental health has not been the best lately. Basically, the post-graduation depression is real y'all. I've been in school for soooo long, I don't know what to do now that I'm not in school anymore (not to mention the fact that I moved to an entirely new state where I know no one), so all these adjustments all at once were really overwhelming and stressful.

I thought the time the site was down would be enough time to get me out of my funk, but being online with all these new changes kinda exhausted me more cuz it felt like more I had to adjust to on top of everything, so I had to take more time away so I wouldn't get so overwhelmed, which is why I'd only be online in teeny tiny bursts before I left again.

Thankfully I've taken the time off to breathe & adjust to everything (online or otherwise). I still don't have a job but I don't feel so stressed about it anymore. I sat down and worked out a rough life plan for the next 10 years (I work best with goals & deadlines :r ) so I feel much better now.

Just wanted to apologize to any plots I've left hanging or delays in posting stuff, and to anyone I was really short with or ignored messages from while I was stuck in my depressive episode! But I'm fine now so no need to worry about me or anything! :) You should be seeing me back online more often :)

Aww, sorry to hear all that is going on, Abby. I'm happy to hear you're doing better and feeling better about where things are. If you need any site help, let me or another staff member know. :)

Aawhh, Abby! :hug: I'm sorry you've been struggling and feeling this way! Sometimes a breather is what you need. It's great to have you back, and if you need to chat about anything ever you can always message me!! :hug:

I relate to the post graduation depression so much its such a huge adjustment. I'm glad you're feeling better about everything and I look forward to rping with you again now you're back.

Abby :hug: It makes so much sense that you needed time to adjust. I'm sorry to hear you've been having such a hard time, but I'm also glad you're doing better and I think you're really awesome for speaking about it so openly! I'm glad you'll be around more and please don't worry about any delays, I'm sure everyone on the site understands! :hug: I'm always here if you need to talk!

Thank you guys!!! :wub:

For the past 5 years I was so used to being busy and active 24/7, so I wasn't used to having sooo much free time alone with just my thoughts and it got scary real fast :lol:

Thanks for the support ^_^ <3

Welcome back lovie! Glad to hear you're feeling better:)

Ah Abby! You should be proud of yourself! I'm sorry to hear that it went like this. If you ever need to spill things or need something of your chest you can always skype me not just only for plots. :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back