Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curved 9 1/2 Inch Unyielding Mahogany Wand with Fairy Wing Core
Elvira loved nothing more than playing quidditch, and felt like she was almost on a high after the excellent practice they'd just had. The new members of the team looked like they were all very talented, and she couldn't wait until they won the game against Hogwarts for the second time in a row. This time she would be the official seeker, so unless something terrible happened, she would be the one playing in the match. If she somehow couldn't, she was fairly sure Theodore would do a good job too. He had done well at the practice.

The happy feeling from the succesful practice gave Elvira the courage to do something she had been considering for a while. Near the end of last year, she had heard that Jessica Park, one of their captains, was bisexual. Elvira already knew she liked girls and only girls, and had honestly had a tiny crush on Jessica even before joining the team. Elvira had never had a girlfriend before. Though she'd been writing Lizzie who she had met at Hogwarts last year. She wasn't entirely sure if that exchange was anything beyond friendly, though she sort of flirted with her in their letters. Never one to be shy or insecure, Elvira figured she could at least practice her flirting skills with Jessica as well and see where it would get her. In her opinion,they would be a pretty awesome couple. They both loved quidditch, that was a start right?

She waited until the other players had left and Jessica was done talking captain-y stuff with Brendan before approaching her, a grin on her face. She had made sure her hair was still attractively tousled from the practice. At least, that's how she hoped Jessica would interpret it. Perhaps it just looked messy. "Hey, Jessica. You looked pretty good out there." Elvira said with a grin on her face. "I almost wouldn't mind being hit by a bludger if it was one from you." She added, though she had no idea if that was even a good line. This flirting thing was something she had to practice a bit more, though she was sure she would get the hang of it soon enough.

Although not entirely pleased with her own performance during practice today, Jessica couldn't be happier for the way it had gone. She had been so worried over the state of the team when all their old players graduated last year, but all her worries had vanished once she saw how good they could be as a team. There were still a few kinks to work out here and there amongst the team, and Jess stayed behind to talk with Brendan over it. She noticed out of the corner of her eye that one of the players had stayed behind as they were talking and Jess hoped it wasn't for anything bad, though she figured it wouldn't be considering how great their practice had gone. Once the two captains had discussed how they were going to tackle the next practice, she let Brendan take the equipment crate back to where it belong and saw Elvira approach her.

For some reason she had been expecting the Seeker to talk to Brendan so she smiled by way of greeting as Elvira said hi. Sica chuckled at the girl's statement and shook her head. "You're not mocking me, are you?" she said with a playful glare, smiling afterward to let her know she wasn't actually upset. She'd seen better days but overall Jess knew she was a good player and she hoped everyone else knew it too despite today's performance. At least one person thought so, and that made Jess smile, though by her next statement she wasn't so sure it was for the right reasons. It was a strange sort of compliment, and it made her laugh again, unsure how to respond. It seemed like a pretty obvious attempt at flirting but she remained cautious, not wanting to stray down that path in case she was wrong. "What about you, you were great out there! That had to be some sort of record, most snitch catches in a practice," she said excitedly, grinning at the girl. "I think Brendan would kill me if I hit you, you're too valuable to lose," she chuckled, trying to keep the conversation on the team.

Elvira's eyes widened sightly as Jessica asked if she had been mocking her. Thinking back to the practice, she didn't actually remember the older girl hitting that many bludgers. Or... any? Once Elvira got into the zone of trying to find the snitch, it was hard for her to pay attention to what any of the others were doing. She had mostly been referring to how the girl had looked flying around, very captain-like, like she knew what she was doing. "Of course not. Even if you didn't have your best day as a beater, doesn't mean you didn't look good out there." She said with a grin, trying to recover from her possible mistake smoothly. Jessica's smile made her knees feel sort of weak, and she had to admit to herself her crush on the girl may be more significant than even she wanted to admit. It disappointed her a little bit when she didn't really respond to her flirting. Maybe she should be even more direct. "It was a small miracle, as I kept getting distracted when you flew by." She said, a wide grin on her face as she watched for her reaction. "You know, perhaps we could talk about something else, sometime." She said a little abruptly. Usually Elvira loved to talk about nothing but quidditch, but she felt like it was creating a distance between them. Maybe because Jessica was their captain? "We could hang out sometime." Then she wondered if she was being obvious enough. "Like, together. Perhaps sometime soon?" Her voice went up into a hopeful question without her wanting it to, but she hoped the other girl didn't notice her lapse in confidence.

Jessica smiled when Elvira complimented her once again, choosing to think of it in regards to her skills and not anything else since that was where she needed the reassurance at the moment. "Thanks, I appreciate that," she said with a small chuckle. Though it was hard to disregard the intent behind the girl's compliment as she became more direct and Jessica's cheeks turned pink. "It's probably the hair, I've been told it's distracting," she said cheekily, tucking a bright red strand behind her ear. She'd already been growing tired of the red and was thinking of dying it another color, but suddenly she didn't mind being a redhead for a little longer if it got her this attention.

But then she shook her head to get rid of those thoughts. What was she thinking? She was in no condition to start anything with anyone right now, especially someone on the team, so Jessica had to push the idea out of her mind. She let out a small flustered laugh when the girl proceeded to ask her to hang out, outside of practice and the seventh year didn't know how to respond. Normally Sica would've been thrilled to flirt back with the girl but there were a million reasons telling her why she shouldn't. "You're very cute Elvira," Sica said, trying to contain a smirk, "but wouldn't you prefer to um, hang out, with someone in your year? I'm graduating this year," she said with an apologetic smile, explaining just one of the reasons her brain was telling her not to get attached.

Elvira knew she wasn't being subtle, exactly, and was pleased when she noticed the pinkness of Jessica's cheeks at her comments. Though then felt a small sinking feeling of disappointment when the girl redirected the conversation to be about her hair. While striking, they both knew that hadn't been what Elvira meant. She resisted the urge to pout, even if she wasn't entirely successful.

She was hopeful the older girl would like the idea of hanging out with her, by which she meant a date. That was something she could only dream of, but Elvira was the type of person to go after what she wanted, even if it seemed out of her reach. Jessica was two years above her in school, though Elvira suspected their actual age difference was smaller because of her own birthday early in the school year. She perked up when the girl called her cute, her eyes wide and hopeful. But when she asked if she wouldn't rather hang out with someone in her own year, she deflated a little again. "I know you are graduating this year, which is why I'm asking now. It's now or never, I guess?" She thought about Lizzie for a moment, the girl she would see over the holidays. She was closer to Elvira's age, but very far away. Why did there seem to be some sort of barrier between her and all the girls she liked that could possibly like her back? "I'm not that much younger than you, you know. I turned sixteen last week!" But even to her own ears it sounded pleading and a little defensive, which was definitely not attractive. She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "I had to try." She muttered with a shrug by way of explanation. Perhaps she should get out of here now, before she made things more uncomfortable. What she didn't want was to put Jessica on the spot or make her feel cornered. They were going to be teammates for the rest of the year, at least there was that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back