OOC First Name
Soho
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Straight 15 1/2 Inch Sturdy Pine Wand with Boomslang Venom Core
Val had gone off the venture the castle, exploring the weird “magical” things of hogwarts. Classes hadn’t started yet and so he needed to find ways to kill time. That and he wanted to get away from his roommates. They were incredibly loud and energy draining, and very.. “bro”-ish. It was like being in a room with children full of energy.

He made his way to the second floor, to see moving portraits. “What the heck?” He thought out loud as he decided to observe one of the paintings a bit closer. That was until he was disrupted by another student.

@Eoin Armati

There were many things about this whole 'magic' business which was more confusing than anything. Moving portraits were just one of those things and the first time he had actually heard one of the portraits talking he had almost jumped right out of his skin. And even now he found them more creepy than anything, and it seemed as though he was not the only one in the castle who was surprised upon seeing them. "Not seen them before, right?" He wondered, wrinkling his nose up as he stood next to the boy, looking at the portrait he had happened to see, "Creeped me out the first time I saw one move as well."

“What?” Val turned around to see a guy wearing the blue robes of a house, of which he couldn’t remember the name. “Oh. Uh yeah. I’m a... muggleborn.” He said, the word foreign on his tongue. Muggleborn, it’s what he had heard while passing by a group of students talking. “Eh, I think they’re kinda cool.” He said. He had to admit that it was weird, but the more Val saw of this “magic” stuff the more he began to understand stuff.

This boy seemed rather quick to admit that he was a Muggleborn and Eoin did have to blink a little with surprise. Not that he thought it should be a secret and you should be proud of it, but he hadn't expected the admission to come so soon. "So am I," he offered with a small nod of his head. Though, when his eyes moved away from the boy and back to the creepy moving portrait in front of him, he did have to disagree with the second statement, wrinkling his nose up ever so slightly. "Cool is not exactly the word I would use for them though, no."

"Cool" Val answered, well there seemed to be more normal- or used to be normal- people than he thought. He decided to change the subject, Val was definitely more open to all of this "magic" stuff than the guy infront of him. "So what do you think about hogwarts?" He asked, wondering how other people felt about getting an invite to some strange magical school. Surely, he and his sister weren't the only ones who were confused.

(I'm so sorry about the late reply! I forgot about it for a while after thinking about what to write)

It was nice to know there were more people like him at Hogwarts and he wasn't one of the only ones new to all this. Having some people around who could understand where he was coming from and how confused all of this was making him was going to be nicer than being alone and struggling through it all by himself. "It's rubbish," he didn't even have to hesitate to answer that particular question, "Everything is just weird and unnatural and I don't like it here and would much rather go home to my family where it's all nice and normal."

Val honestly didn't expect anyone to call the place they were in "rubbish", especially without hesitation. I don't think it's rubbish." He said, honestly. Sure it was strange, but he thought it was pretty interesting, the amount of machinery and technology they used for this "magic" was probably worth a lot of money and difficult to develop. When this is over, maybe he'll go ask the creators how they coded the machines. "But, I have to agree with you, I want to go home." He didn't like being in foreign places, despite having traveled so often. Val missed his parents. And now that he and his sister were in different "houses", he saw her less often, which was a bummer, though he wouldn't admit it.

He didn't really care what the other boy thought of the castle, it wasn't going to change his own opinion on the matter either way. As far as he was concerned this whole place was just completely ridiculous and outrageously stupid in every single way and people were fools for liking it here. But there was something the other boy said which confused him, raising a brow as he glanced towards the other first year, "What's your excuse?" He didn't think Hogwarts was rubbish, but he still wanted to go home? That didn't really make much sense to him.

Val didn't know what to say, he didn't feel too comfortable opening up to other people, much less a person he had just met. "I'm homesick." He said simply. It was half the truth, that and he was exhausted from being around people he didn't know that much, it was something to be surrounded by them at day, but even more tiring to be surrounded by them at night. And though the food made by the weird goblin looking things was good, he missed home food. "Don't you miss home food? The goblin-looking creatures are weird cooks."

Homesickness was something he could rather relate with, falling quiet for just a moment. "Fair enough," was all he eventually offered on the matter. He was missing home quite a bit himself, missing his family. Even his annoying sisters and all the extended family he wasn't particularly fond of. But then the boy said something else which caught his attention. "You've actually seen the house-elves?" He had of course heard the beginning of year announcements about them and some older girl had told him what they were, but he had yet to actually see one of them in the flesh himself.

"Is that what they're called?" He had seen them for a short period of time outside of the kitchens when he was exploring the underground portion of the castle. "They scared the living daylight out of me when I saw them." It was dark in the dungeons, and he was trying to find the way back when he stumbled upon one. He had screamed loudly, and seemingly scared the thing too, it had dropped a plate of food on the floor before scurrying the opposite direction. After that he had found his way up, and vowed never to return back down there without either a flashlight or a companion.

"Well, I guess? That's what the Headmistress called them during the welcoming feast," and he could only assume they were the elves walking around and there weren't two sorts working at Hogwarts. Then again, he supposed he could never tell with how weird all this was. Maybe there were hundreds of different elf species around the place and he had just been super unlucky not to actually see any of them in person yet. "What do they actually look like?" The only reference he had in his head was what he had seen on Christmas cards in the past with depictions of Santa's elves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back