Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Rigid Silver Lime Wand with Veela Hair Core
((Open after Kris posts with Sydney))

Simon sat by himself at one of the tables that surrounded the dance floor, feeling absolutely awful. The decorations for the ball were quite nice he would admit, but he still wished he was back in Scotland with his friends rather then this godforsaken place. He looked around the room and narrowed his eyes as he spotted Aisa and the idiot from the train talk about something stupid as he struck some dramatic pose. He was pretty sure his name was Sully but he didn't really feel like dignifying him with an actual name, besides he looked ridiculous. Simon crossed his arms and sighed, it wasn't the boy he was mad at after all, but he still hated to see her tolerate being around someone when she hated everything about him. He had tried to be nice to her and she just rejected him at every turn. He sighed and looked away finally, trying to find some kind of distraction from what was turning into a truly awful night.

Sydney hated The Yule Ball. It was a waste of the school's time and resources and everyone was always insufferable in the days leading up to it, asking each other what they were wearing and who they were going with. Surely students should be worrying about more important things, but apparently not. She was really only here to make sure Ren didn't bother Samantha again this year, since she was pretty sure they would end up going together like last year. Surely Samantha also had better things to worry about, so Sydney was really just doing her a favour by keeping an eye out.

She lurked by the tables, trying to get a good view of the dance floor when she spotted Simon close by looking appropriately upset about the proceedings. "Your sighing is distracting me," Sydney groused, looking over at Simon before taking a seat across from him. He'd been interesting to talk to earlier in the year and so far hadn't turned out to be a complete waste of her time, though she still wasn't sure she trusted him. "What's got you so maudlin?" Sydney asked mildly. She wasn't interested in school gossip or anything, but Simon's gloomy mood was probably more interesting that the rest of the sycophants around here.

Simon rolled his head to see who had joined him and wasn’t particularly surprised to see Sydney sitting down across the table from him. With a bored smirk he narrowed his sights on the other Slytherin. “Because out of all the people here tonight, you decided to sit with me.” he said dryly. “But I guess we all have to do what we must to get through these torturous evenings disguised as a right of passage.” he wanted to punch himself in the face for sounding so pretentious but if there was anyone who would appreciate him right now would be Sydney.

Sydney rolled her eyes when Simon just snarked back at her. "I just thought you looked so pathetic over here I had to sit down," She said snidely. "You should be so lucky," She added with a sniff, though she could appreciate that at least Simon seemed to agree this night was as idiotic as she did. "Do you think they know how dull they're all being," Sydney asked, resting her chin in her hand and surveying the amassed students about the hall with disdain. "Dressing up and fawning over each other, doesn't anyone at this school have anything better to do," Sydney shook her head, already knowing the answer to her own question. School culture was so messed up, always putting importance on the most pointless of things and everyone just went along with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back