Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual (Edmund)
Wand
Curly 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Elm Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
(Open after Rowan)

Analei decided a Ravenclaw blue was a good color for her dress for the Dance. She was really looking forward to spending time with Edmund, away from the worry of exams, away from the Common Room, and just able to enjoy herself and (hopefully) dance all night. Of course, if Edmund had other ideas in mind, she wouldn't turn him down either. She was feeling nervous, but knew as soon as she saw him, he'd make her feel better. They were still in quite early stages of the relationship, but Analei hoped the feelings would last forever. At that point, it definitely felt like it could.
After making sure that her hair was lying down and she didn't have any annoying fly aways, Analei made her way to the Great Hall, standing just by the entrance, so she could still see inside. Her eyes were immediately caught by the ceiling, and she stood, almost hypnotized, in awe of the petals occasionally dropping down. Whoever had set up and done an amazing job.

Edmund almost couldn't believe he was here. At the Valentines dance, going to meet up with Analei. His luck had turned so thoroughly from the beginning of the year that he almost felt like a different person entirely. The feud with Theodore still stung to think about, but Edmund tried to keep it out of his mind, focusing on how lucky he felt. Analei was brilliant, beautiful, interesting, funny, she had every quality Edmund admired, and somehow he had turned their problems from last year around enough that here they were. About to go on a date. He couldn't keep the smile off his face as he approached, thinking that she looked even more beautiful than usual in her dress. Edmund knew words had failed him in this situation in the past, but tonight he was better prepared. He had practiced a few things in the mirror, as silly as it felt, so he had some phrases he could pull out if he was feeling especially tongue tied. So it felt only a little awkward as he approached, to greet his date with a simple, "You look beautiful." There was no disguising the tremble of his hand though, as Edmund reached for Analei's own. "May I?"

Analei's eyes were drawn away from the ceiling as she heard Edmund's voice, and she felt her breath hitch in her throat. He looked so handsome. She patted down her dress as he complimented her, before looking up to thank him, and return the compliment. But he reached out for her hand, and Analei smiled, feeling a small blush in her cheeks as she nodded her head, closing the gap between their hands. She enjoyed the feeling of holding his hand, their fingers intertwined. "You look very handsome." Analei said with a small smile as the two entered the Great Hall. Analei edged towards the dance floor, turning around to face Edmund. "Would you like to dance?" She asked, moving back slowly but holding onto his hand, to show that she wanted to. Analei wasn't very hungry, and though she was sure they'd be thirsty later, all she could think of at the moment was dancing with Edmund.

The feeling of Analei's fingers lacing with his own sent a flutter to Edmund's heart, and he squeezed her hand gently, feeling as though he could be struck dead here and now and still feel happy. His nervous grin grew when she said he was handsome, and when Edmund was trying to figure out what to say back to that, he was both relieved and alarmed to be cut off by her next question. Dancing still wasn't something Edmund considered himself especially good at, and there was no amount of practicing in the mirror that could prepare him for this. He didn't want to let Analei down though, and nodded with a nervous smile. "I would, though I'm... not the best dancer." He reminded her nervously.

Analei felt her smile grow when Edmund gently squeezed her hand, and she didn't realize that someone could ever feel this happy. When Edmund said he wasn't a good dancer, Analei grinned, before leading the two of them onto the dance floor. "Neither am I - but if I remember - I think we just..." Analei trailed off, placing her hands on his shoulders before beginning to sway. The last time the two of them danced properly was over a year ago, but this was the same way they had danced. Just, awkwardly, side to side. But Analei didn't mind. At least she was dancing with Edmund. "Something like this?" Analei suggested, looking at Edmund with a smile.

Edmund let Analei lead the way onto the dancefloor, trying not to let his nerves ruin the moment. They would figure it out, and Edmund wanted to make the absolute most of this time with Analei. He let her arrange them, resting his hands nervously on her waist slightly when she rested hers on his shoulders, heart thumping as he realised how close this put them. He swayed with Analei, smiling back at her nervously as they moved side to side. "This is nice." He responded with a nervous grin. "I... quite like dancing with you."

Analei felt her heart race as Edmund put his hand's on her waist, but she tried to not let her nerves show. She kept the slow sway, grinning back at Edmund as he said he liked dancing with her. "I quite like... being with you." Analei replied. She felt like it had been a long time coming, not only being at the dance with an actual date, but with Edmund. It felt perfect.
After a few songs, Analei moved her hands off of Edmund's shoulders. "Do you want to get a drink? Or something to eat? I think there's a free table over there..." Analei said, nodding towards one of the tables with drapes around it.

Edmund's heart skipped a beat at Analei's words, and he beamed back at her, wondering privately if he had ever experienced such a perfect moment before in his life.
Although he didn't feel especially graceful, Edmund was happy to keep dancing with Analei, eventually feeling more comfortable and confident in the repeated movements. He didn't think he'd be twirling her around the dancefloor any time soon, but this much, Edmund could manage. His legs were starting to ache slightly though, and so when Analei asked about taking a break, it came as a relief. Edmund nodded, looking over to where she had gestured. "That sounds excellent. I could use a drink." He smiled shyly, hesitating before he asked another question. "Are you having a good time?"

Analei smiled in return when Edmund said he could use a drink, before nodding her head almost too enthusiastically when Edmund asked if she was having a good time. The Hufflepuff felt it was far too cheesy to tell the boy that she always had a good time when she was with him. It wouldn't be a lie; the only time she didn't think on fondly was when he dueled his brother, but she didn't think about it often. "Of course I am. Are you? Or are you not a fan of dancing?" Analei asked, walking towards the table with the drinks, hoping that he wouldn't have minded at least dancing with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back