Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Swishy Pear Wand with Boomslang Venom Core
Wyatt stood on the edge of the precipice - literally and figuratively - as he waited for Amber to arrive. They had not seen one another the whole winter break despite how local he'd been and hadn't written letters. Most importantly though was the fact that he didn't miss her the way a boyfriend should miss his girlfriend during a long absence. He thought perhaps this was the changes he was experiencing and not their relationship so he waited to see her to make his decision. He didn't want to regret this choice once he was achieving whatever normality that might come later so the boy stood, looking over the cliffs edge pondering everything about their relationship. Their coupling felt like a sham as they had spent so little time together since they began to date and though he had a fondness for her Wyatt knew very little about her and vice versa. He knew she was nice and smart but there was little else that he knew about her except for the fact that his friends didn't approve. Although he was not much in the mood to see them and had been avoiding them for weeks their opinions mattered a lot in this field in particular. He couldn't fault Amber as she had tried but he knew that nevertheless this would remain an issue throughout the entirety of whatever relationship they would have so if he felt anything for her when she arrived he would have to convince her to work hard on it - otherwise he'd be alone once more.

Amber headed out to the cliffs where she was meeting he boyfriend Wyatt. It would be the first time the two saw each other after the holidays, and she felt oddly nervous. She had started to doubt her feelings during the break, as she realized she wasn't missing Wyatt nearly as much as she missed Ainsley. After some reflection and a talk with her mother, she had realized she didn't actually know Wyatt very well at all. She knew he was good at quidditch and nice, and that he had nice hair. A part of her wondered if their relationship would have lasted this long if they had gotten to spend more time together, if Wyatt hadn't been confided to the common room. The fact that they had only spent short meal moments together had made it easy to forget they didn't actually have a lot in common. She felt back for thinking it, as she knew Wyatt was a nice person. She had just started to realize she had liked the idea of a boyfriend more than she had enjoyed their relationship. Now she wondered if it was time for a difficult conversation, and she really wasn't sure how to go about it.

She spotted him waiting for her, and forced herself to smile as she approached. But she didn't kiss or even hug him, opting for a slightly awkward wave instead. "Hi." She said. "Were... your holidays good?" She wasn't sure what else to ask, and the fact that they hadn't written each other at all during the break felt like it was hanging in the air between them.

Wyatt twisted to see Amber as he heard her voice and mimicked the wave she gave him, uncomfortably beckoning her closer. He knew immediately upon seeing her that they were over and now it was just the awful conversation of breaking up. "Hey," said the Californian as he mentally prepared what to say in his head while she spoke so that they could get this over and done with. Quick and hopefully painless was the way he hoped to go, especially as she asked about his holidays. "They were fine," he lied. Amber hardly needed to know how much of a difficult time he was having as of late, frankly no one needed to know that. "Sorry I didn't write you," Wyatt apologized although he wasn't especially because he had other more important things to handle and as hard as it might seem his priorities were not with her feelings when he could barely sort out his own. Of course she could have written too but that was a lane he did not want to go down in the slightest. "I spent a lot of the break thinking about everything and I think it's time I sort out my priorities," he began trying to cushion the blow that was to come by hinting towards where he was going with it in a way that wasn't entirely false. "I'm going to be focused on that for a little while and I don't know if it's fair of me to ask you wait around for that to end - especially after last semester," Wyatt said trying to make it sound like he was being selfless and doing this for her but it would probably be very easy to see through. It wasn't as they were ever in love so he had no real reason to feel too terrible about it as far as he could tell.

Amber felt the awkward tension between them as she stepped closer as Wyatt beckoned her. Did he want to hug her? It didn't seem like it, and he didn't. She nodded when he said his holidays were fine, wondering if she should say the same. When he apologized for not writing she shook her head. "It's okay, I didn't write you either. I guess we were both busy." She said, giving them both a flimsy excuse to cling to. His next words made her frown, though. They sounded... like a break up. Like he was telling her it wasn't because of her but because he was focusing on other things and his priorities. She didn't know if she should feel relieved or sad, but honestly she mostly felt relieved. She gave him a small smile. "Wyatt, you should focus on yourself and ... and your priorities, whatever they are, it sounds important. I think that would be best. I also need to focus on school a lot, it's getting quite stressful." She pushed some hair behind her ear. "I... I think we're breaking up, aren't we?" She hoped she hadn't horribly misread the situation, and searched his face as she said it, feeling nervous.

Wyatt was relieved when Amber didn't get upset as they discussed what he'd already decided - he wasn't sure how he would have handled her becoming emotional. Truth told he didn't think he had enough patience to handle that sort of reaction especially with how on edge he'd felt lately. It was becoming difficult to have sympathy for people when they were upset because he had it worse than they did. At least they had a reason to be upset. So as Amber asked if they were breaking up he chewed his bottom lip and nodded, "Yeah, I think that's best." He took her hand and squeezed it tight as he said, "We should still be friends." He doubted this would happen considering how disapproving both of their friends had been over their relationship. He imagined that wouldn't change if it were platonic either but Wyatt didn't voice that. Instead he let her hand go and tried to gage her reaction to see if he could go back to the castle. He really didn't wish to walk up together because that would be extremely uncomfortable to make small talk although it felt like an amicable breakup.

Wyatt didn't look offended or hurt so Amber assumed she'd had the right idea about the situation. She was glad she hadn't jumped to the wrong conclusion, but also felt an odd sort of hollowness at this entire situation. Even though she knew in her gut it was for the best, it still... felt bad. Part of her had maybe hoped Wyatt would be sad to let her go, though she was also glad not to hurt the boy. It was selfish to think like that, and she pushed that to the back of her mind. She had heard many sad love songs about breakups in her life, but the feelings described in those weren't anywhere near what she was feeling. This wasn't heartbreak, it was just... uncomfortable. She nodded when he said it was best. "Yes." She said awkwardly, playing with her hair self-consciously. She looked down at their hands as he took hers. "We should." She agreed, hoping they really could still be friends. Maybe Marisol, Asaiah and Ainsley wouldn't be as upset at them being just friends as they had been about them dating. At least she wouldn't have to deal with Wyatt's annoying friends anymore. "I... will see you around?" She asked tentatively, wondering if one of them should leave now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back