In The Dark Underneath

Lucinda Sylvester

OOC First Name
Kathy
Wand
Knotted 9 1/2 Flexible Pine Wand with Augery Tail Feather Core
Trailing a hand along the wall she was walking along, Lucinda didn't ever think she was going to get over the fact that she was living in a castle that came complete with proper dungeon rooms. Of course, there didn't seem to be anything remotely related to the actual purpose of old dungeons, which would have made them far less mundane, but she just appreciated the fact that they were actually allowed to roam around down here. If her old muggle school had even been interesting enough to have even one dungeon room, she was sure it would have locked and barred with a boring white 'Prohibited' sign screwed to the door. Too dangerous... Lucinda sneered at the thought mockingly. It was no wonder her past had been filled with people who had either no imagination or a stupid one. God, she was glad she was a witch.

As relieved as he had been to be placed in the same house as Theodore, a small part of Edmund envied the students who got to live in the school's dungeons. Having been all around the castle Edmund could definitively say that it was his favourite place to be by far, the damp and dark corners reminding him of exploring home with Theodore. There weren't nearly as many mysteries down here left to be discovered as there had been last year, but it was still nice to explore the castle's depths on a busy day. Theodore was down another corridor where he was fairly sure the Slytherin common room entrance must be, but Edmund had wandered off on his own, looking for any pathways they hadn't explored yet. He was surprised to discover that he was in fact not alone, rounding the corner to see a dark haired girl just ahead. Under normal circumstances he and Theodore would have retreated together, and made fun of her from a distance, but... well, Theodore wasn't here, and Edmund found actually talking to other people far more curious than his brother did. "What are you looking for?" He asked, hands clasped behind his back as he walked up behind the girl.

Domi hadn't been at this school long enough to really recognise the name of her target in the assassination game, but it didn't take her long to discover that the girl was an older student in Domi's own house. Staying close to the Common Room seemed like the best bet to find her, then, and to Domi's delight she did just that, spying the girl sneaking away through the dungeons. It was time to strike! But before Domi could get in behind the girl another boy snuck up behind her, getting in the way of Domi's shot! How rude! Walking with well trained silent steps, Domi snuck up behind the boy, staying low, and when she saw her opportunity, the boy's words distracting her target, Domi ducked down and dove between his legs to stab at her target with her lit wand. "BEEP!"

Edmund wasn't really sure what was happening. One minute he was talking to the Slytherin girl who had been wandering the halls, and the next moment he felt someone hit him in the back of the knees so roughly it felt like he might topple over. Stumbling out of the way of the girl lying on the floor with a lit wand, he stared at her in horror. "What are you doing?!"

Lucinda's trailing hand paused on the wall, fingertips still lightly brushing the cool stone as she heard a voice appear behind her in the dim corridor. The only movement she made was to turn her head, and upon matching a face to the disembodied voice decided that it was indeed worth turning around properly to address the boy. She'd always taken notice of the Ravenclaw twins after her meeting on the train with them before first year had begun, and felt inordinately pleased that one of them had deigned to speak with her now. Lucinda would never have admitted it, but it almost felt as if she had been playing a waiting game with the identical twin brothers - and now the time had finally come. She opened her mouth to speak, to say something clever, a little humourous perhaps... certainly something he would impressed or amused by...

...When she caught the flash of movement appearing from between the boy's legs. It was the bright light waving around that had caught her attention in the torch flame shadows and with that Lucinda immediately realised what was happening. She managed to successfully leap back to escape the lunge of the girl rushing at her, and almost in the same breath whipped out her own wand to curtly intone, "Expelliarmus." This Assassin game was mildly beneath her with all it's silly shenanigans, but Lucinda wanted nothing more than to outwit everyone and prove that she was superior in a game of 'killing' without being 'killed.' And her first assassin had failed - spectacularly. Tucking her wand back into her robes, though still slightly annoyed that she had needed to use it to achieve her ends, Lucinda turned back to the twin. "She's currently wishing that the person she was given to assassinate was much more stupid than she clearly believed I was." Lucinda smirked down at the fallen girl, enjoying the fact that she was actually in a position to look down on her from above. "I'd say better luck next time, but I'm sure the attempt would be just the same as this one was... pathetic." She took a moment to observe the girl for a reaction, but then switched her attention fully back to the twin. "But nevermind her - are you sure you're not looking for something? Someone, I should say. I've barely ever seen you without your brother."

OOCOut of Character:
I just want to say that I'm super impressed with Rowan's strategy guys, particularly because:

[1:11:38 PM] Kathy: i'm about to do Lucinda's assassin activity post, so rowan you may join if you so wish
[1:11:51 PM] Rowan: :O
[1:12:01 PM] Kathy: this way ed and Lucinda can meet

...I unknowingly handed Lucinda straight to him xD

Domi had been so sure she had it. Her target was distracted, there was the confusion of a whole nother person between them to make it harder to dodge, everything had lined up exactly perfectly. But somehow the older girl had still managed to avoid her wand. "DAMN it!" Domi snapped, quickly pulling herself up off the floor and brushing herself off. "I HAD you! I'll get you next time!" She yelled, waving her wand dangerously before turning and sprinting off again back towards the common room to plan her next attack.

Edmund glanced back and forth between the girls who were talking about something so alien to him that it may as well be another language entirely. He had no idea what to make of any of this. "She was trying to kill you?!" He asked, shocked. Perhaps this school was far more interesting than he and Theodore had assumed. Well. This would certainly serve as a nice told-you-so to Theodore later. "What on earth was that about?" He brushed down the front of his robes self-consciously and adjusted his posture as he realised he still looked embarrassingly alarmed about all this. Trying to calm himself down to match the tone of the girl he now recognised as one he had met on the train last year, Edmund shrugged. "Theodore is around." He said nonchalantly. "He doesn't find the same amusement in conversing with others that I do."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back