Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Willow Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
willow made her way to the great hall. She liked her costume this year. it was so puffy. and she had had her hair on braids for a couple of days in order to get it as frizzy and she wanted it. she entered the great hall looking around to see if she could see any of her firends. she didn't know what they would be dressed as. and costumes tended to conceal who was inside. them but there was no sign of chante taller than almost everyone else or fleurs classic dragon costume. so she made her way over to the food table. she would have a look after she had something in her belly, or at least her hands. she filled a goblet with pumpkin juice and was just about to reach out for a cupcake when she felt someone bump into her. she turned away as she reached only to end up touching the plate. she looked back. "hey it moved" she said in surprise as she saw the cupcakes scuttling onto the next plate across. she picked one up and took the case before taking a bite.

Chante held back from laughing, covering her mouth as the cupcakes scurried away onto the next plate. "Don't look at me, that wasn't my idea," Chante chuckles. She picked up a cupcake after her cousin, a chocolate frosted one and bit into the yummy goodness. Chante usually loved dressing up for Halloween and being creative with her costume. So, it's no surprise she was here dressed up as Tiger Lily, an indigenous character from Peter Pan, a book Iris read to her when she was smaller. She remembers very little about Peter Pan, but Tiger Lily just came out of the blue somewhere in her mind and she couldn't ignore it. "You look great, Willow. How'd you come up with that costume?" the tall girl looked at her cousin from head to toe. It wasn't as great as Alice in Wonderland, but it came close in Chante's opinion.

willow could hear someone laughing at her and looked to see chante. She looked at her cousin a suspicious look on her face. "yeah. I really believe you" she said . before breaking out into a wide grin to prove that her sarcasm was in jest. she was pretty sure it wasnt her. "hey Chante you look beautiful" she said. the costume looked so cute on her. there was no questions on what she was. whilst the style of dress may be a stereotype and nothing like what was worn she had spent enough time around the res with her kunsi to know what it was meant to be. at chantes comment, on her costume, she smiled. "I found the dress in a thrift shop and thought it would be a good one for a ballet dancer. I also found an old muggle movie about the black swan ballet character. and thought it would be cooler than just being a ballet dancer" she said. she had watched it one cold day when she had been at home on her own she wished she had had someone else there. but at least their dog had been with them. she finished her cupcake and picked up a few more items of food "did you want to see what is in there? she asked. pointing at the tent that seemed to have some kind of carnival mirrors inside.

Fleur had been sad to discoverer she had outgrown her second dragon costume as well. The first one she had given to Maddy, the second year girl she had befriended. She wondered if she would want the green dragon too after a few years. Unprepared, with no real other costume, Fleur had thrown on a wonder woman shirt and called it a day. She had to admit it was a lot easier to walk around in regular clothes, but did miss the anonymity of the dragon costume. With her hands in her pockets, she wandered around the great hall, taking a good look at the decorations. After a while, she spotted Willow and her cousin, and walked up to them. "Hey, you guys look cool." She said, nodding at them both. "I got too tall for my dragon costume, I'm in mourning now." She joked.

Chante grins, imagine to be able to perform that kind of magic, Chante only wishes she could. A blush rose to her cheeks, looking down at the costume she put together. "Thanks, cuz, grandma Iris gave me that idea when I was thinking of something to wear. Mom said it was a great idea," Chante shares with her cousin. Chante intrigue about her cousin's choice in her costume. She often forgets Willow attended a muggle's school and did muggle things before coming to Hogwarts. They had a fairly different upbringing, but they had spent a great deal of their childhood together. "I don't know what that is, but you look great," Chante said between bites of her cupcake. She finished her last bite and went for a drink of the red fizzy juice in the punch bowl. Chante grabbed a glass full and nodded, "Yeah, if I can fit," Chante looked over the tent, she doesn't doubt she can fit inside. She wasn't her mother's height, yet. "Hey," Chante smiles over Fleur, "Thanks, that's too bad. You really like dragons?"

Sorry, it posted twice.

Last edited:
Willow nodded when Chante said that their grandma had given her the idea. She loved their grandma Iris how she was treated exactly the same as the rest of the family even though she knew she wasn't related to them by blood. "It was a great idea" she said. she glanced around the hall and saw her aunt "It looks like aunt Madlyn has copied you." she said commenting on the giant lady's costume. it also looked good on her. it was obvious why it suited her. she felt a little left out that she hadnt been included in the discussion but realised with her pale skin and bright red hair it would have been a silly chpice of costume for her. "you know what a ballet dancer is right? the girl who won the talent show a couple of years ago was dancing ballet. whilst playing violin" she said. "The black swan is the dark sister of the white swan. and she is the fun side of life. the spontaneity, and mischief instead of the perfect boring side of sticking to the rules" she said not realising that whilst she was in the right direction she was quite off target with the description.
It was then that someone joined them. she turned to see fleur looking almost the same as normal. "Hey Fleur, Thanks I didn't recognise you. what happened to the welsh green?" she said. her friend had warn the same costume the last two years a dragon suit that she had called the welsh green. she nodded as fleur said that she had outgrown the costume. "when's your birthday. I will get you another one, maybe you should go with a shortsnout or an opaleye" she said half joking but mostly serious. "See Chante. you are not the only one who is growing. you may tall but you are not weirdly tall, yet. some of the professors and seventh years are taller than you. so you'll fit." she said. sure most of them were guys. but the tenet would not be designed to stop people entering. she turned to fleur "we were going to go into the mirror tent. but Chante thought she would be too tall" she said explaining her rant.

Inspired from her small talk with her daughter a few weeks prior, Madlyn thought of her own costume to wear for the Halloween's Feast. At first, she thought of going as a tree, wearing a brown cloak and tree leaves 'growing' out of her long arms. Then she saw an old traditional Native American clothing she had in the bottom of her trunk and thought of Pocahontas, an American hero from her grandmother's point of view. Not relative to their tribe, but still an important figure to look up to. Madlyn meant no disrespect to the native woman, but, what better way to celebrate a hero while attending a Harvest's Festival, at least that's how she saw it. Madlyn meant for it to be positive connotation and in a way to match with Chante at the Halloween's Feast. And it worked, there were many younger students asking about her costume and the giant woman would stop by to talk about Pocahontas, a young native woman who saved a life and sacrifice her own happiness so they wouldn't take more of her people across the sea. Madlyn tries to remember the old stories Iris would tell her and shared it with the young ones. By the time she reached her daughter, niece and little friend she'd had already spoke of the stories three times already. She was having fun sharing those who were curious about her wardrobe. "Happy Halloween, what are you girls up to? Having fun as I am?" Madlyn smiled wide, placing a hand over Willow's back to halfway embrace her niece in.

Fleur smiled at Chante as she greeted her, then nodded at her question. It was funny, they were in the same year but didn't really know much of each other. It seemed like their main connection was through Willow, though Fleur was happy to get to know the Hufflepuff more. They were also both prefects, which was another connection. "I love dragons, my parents would categorize it as 'obsessed', but they're grumps." She said lightly with a smile. She smiled as Willow told her she would get her a new costume. "You don't have to, I've been sad not to be a dragon this year but this costume does allow for a lot more room to breathe, and I can actually see the decorations properly now." She said with a smile. It seemed from Willow's words that Chante was a bit embarrassed about her height, which Fleur didn't really understand. She wasn't short herself, but thought it would be pretty cool to be very tall. "I'm sure Chante will fit in the tent, though if not, we may as well see if her trying to fit in it would knock it down instead. Would be pretty funny. Isn't spreading chaos and mayhem in the Halloween spirit?" She joked, grinning. Of course, a professor joined them right at that moment. Fleur smiled at her, realizing she was Chante's mother and Willow's aunt. She mostly knew her because she had been her Care of Magical Creatures professor last year. "Oh hi professor." She said quickly. "Yep! Tons of fun."

Chante looked up from her cup staring at her mom from across the great hall. Chante's brows knitted in the middle, puzzled by the tall woman's appearance. After a sip she spoke freely, "That's strange, she said she was coming as a tree. I guess she changed her mind," Chante enjoyed another sip of the fizzy juice. It was delicious. "You guys should try the juice, it taste great," her mom looked nice in traditional dressing. They both did, Chante in a way was sharing apart of history although her costume is based on a fictional character. "Oh yeah, I remember, the talent show that you sung that song? I miss your singing, you should do it more Wills," Chante sort of recall the ballets dancer. It had been nice, however, Willow stole the show that night in Chante's opinion. Later on, Chante was better able to understand the song than that night Willow performed it. She still felt strongly her cousin had put on an amazing performance. "Dragons are great, but a lot of hard work and training goes into caring for them. We sheltered one once," Chante shared with Willow and Fleur, she didn't know how her mother manage to do that, but she did. "It was pretty frightening and phenomenal...I wasn't able to see it much but when I did, it was when it was sleeping..." Chante shares. Fleur may have had stories of her own, but Chante remembers just that one time her mom brought one home and needed to nurse one back to health. It was really something to witness at the time. "Yeah, I guess you're right..." Chante took another sip of the juice to avoid the blush rising up against her cheeks. She felt a little put on the spot there and, now Fleur knew. It didn't bug her as much as before but she still could be sensitive about the topic at times. Chante chuckles at Fleur's suggestions, "I'm not a dungeon troll," Chante said with a laugh and felt a slight hiccup come on at the same time her mother arrived. Chante cupped her mouth to stop her hiccups from being known, "Hey m-mom, we are. You look great, but what happened to the tree costume?"

Last edited:
Willow smiled as change said that Madlyn had planned on being a tree. "that is a prettier costume than a tree" she said. though knowing her aunt she would have made a good tree costume too. she nodded when chante asked if that was the show. "that's the one. Thanks. actually one of the seventh years asked me if i wanted to join a band with him and his brother. I would be doing guitar and backing vocals. you know Syrus Stilinski right? she said, the last comment was more towards fleur as they were all on the quidditch team. they had had a couple of jams over the break but nothing like a performance.
as Fleur said that she didn't have to get her a costume she shrugged. I will keep an eye out anyway"[/b] she said. it would be fun. She could see chante getting embarrassed about her comments. she felt a little bad for putting her on the spot. especially as fleur joined in. maybe it was a sort of family thing. but when you teased each other it was okay, but if someone else joined in or commented then you had to stick up for them. and despite the fact that she was a year younger and a lot smaller than her cousin she often felt the need to stick up for her. "or we could have a go with the pinata or apple bobbing now that you can actually see your face this year fleur" she said. she want sure how good she would be at the latter but it would be fun. She took a glass of the fizzy juice that chante had recommended and took a large mouthful. you are right. that is great." she said changing the topic. it seemed her topic change had been in vain as just as she took her second large swig her aunt appeared. she swallowed and looked at her. "Hey Aunty. you look awesome. yep we are having a lot of fun." she said. before giving chante a funny look as she made a weird half choking sound.

Madlyn glance over at Fleur, giving her a look of suspicious. "Did I hear you say something about knocking something down, girls," her eyes darted at the two others. She eyed her daughter and niece, she didn't want to be that kind of mother, but she will be if she had to be. "I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that," Madlyn squeezed lightly upon Willow's shoulder. "Thank you, Willow and I figure this one looked better, Chante. Maybe I'll do it next year, or something we can all do together, sounds good?" Madlyn won't spoil their fun. Tonight they'll get off this time. Besides, she may have seen a student batting pieces meat to the crowd of students. She couldn't see where it was happening from, it may have stopped already. "Alright, back to supervising duties. Have fun, girls and stay out of trouble," Madlyn reminded them as she strolled away from the trios.

Last edited:
Fleur listened to the conversation between the cousins, but her attention was caught by Chante's words about sheltering a dragon. "That's so cool!" She said, excited. "It's my dream to work with dragons, though I know it's hard work." She didn't like it when people implied she wasn't ready for the work that was required, but didn't think Chante had meant it that way necessarily. Fleur laughed when Chante said she wasn't a dungeon troll. "Definitely not! I was joking." The girl was tall, but definitely not troll like at all. It was nice to hear Willow had been asked to be in a band, and Fleur gave her friend a thumbs up. She remembered her at the talent show, and she was definitely good. She gave the professor a winning smile too. "Just joking, Professor." She repeated. Fleur liked Professor Ateara a lot, though it had a lot to do with the subject she taught. But she also knew that if she was ever caught in the forest, it would likely be by this professor or Professor Faye. That would be bad. "Bye!" She said cheerfully before turning to the two girls. "So, we're going to the tent?" She said with a grin.

as fleur talked about wanting to work with dragons she nodded. she could see her friend working in that area. she hadnt thought really of where she wanted to work. Somewhere outdoors probably. not a boring job like her mum had at the ministry. quidditch maybe or something with animals. "you will be a good dragon keeper." she said. she had heard her mum talking about them over the holiday. some opaleyes on the south island kept taking sheep and there were only so many times muggles would believe stories about wild dogs.
Willow laughed as her aunt cautioned them about knocking things down. "Don't worry Auntie. the only thing we will be knocking down is the patriarchy, so you're safe." she said giggling slightly the giggles ending in a hiccup. She wasn't sure why she had said it, they certainly hadn't been talking about anything like that but it had been the first thing that popped into her mind. maybe it had been something that had rubbed off on her from her hours at work over the summer. or a phrase she had heard somewhere else.
At the instruction not to get into trouble she looked up at her aunt trying to look as sweet and innocent as possible an expression aided by her very childlike costume and hairstyle. "Of course professor. we would never get into tr-hic-rouble." she said and if we do we won't get caught she finished in her head. a hiccup spoiling the overall effect. let me hic know if you are coordinating costumes next year so i can hic join in. have a good evening" she said it would be fun to coordinate with people. not that she didnt like her costume this year or last years alice or even the slightly lame one the year before. but it would be fun to match. she looked at chante she too seemed to be hiccupping. she nodded at fleurs suggestion of going into the tent. "yeah, lets hic do it" she said. picking up a handfull of jelly worms to eat when they were there.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for posting early. but the feast will close today and i already had the post mostly written and wanted to get it in

Chante couldn't keep up with the chatter after she asked her mom about her costume. Something was in the fizzy juice, and apparently, it was affecting Willow too. Chante held onto her belly and laughed, pointing at her cousin's constant hiccuping. Then it will happen to her and she would feel as if something was tickling the inside of her belly. "Okay, maybe the juice was a b-bad idea!" Chante felt air rise from her stomach and then she let out a loud, bubbly burp. It was light and bubbly and just made her tummy all ticklish. "Excuse me!" Chante burst out laughing again, pointing onward to the tent. "The t-tent, yeah let's go."

OOCOut of Character:
No worries. I didn't have the muse yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back