Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Eryk
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Libby entered the great hall quietly. This was to be her final Yule Ball. Her pink dress had be bought especially for the occasion, and when she couldn't take Alex with her, she asked one of her closest friends to take his place. Her hair had been curled and she walked across the stone floor, smiling through her neatly applied make up. She had not attended this tradition since her second year when she'd come with Jacob Cooper, and ex-boyfriend of hers, and before then, with Darren Gillan.

She couldn't say the yule ball was a particularly important part of her magical life, but she had decided to let her hair down a little, and felt that a party would do her good. Before too long she would be back in France helping out Alex. Of course, she didn't mind, but it was nice to have a moment with her friends, before it was her duty to remain at home. As soon as she graduates, she would be on her way.

Libby looked around, waiting for her partners arrival. She choose herself a small thin glass of champagne, and listened to the music, feeling a hope of freedom.

Rician glowered at his reflection in the lengthly mirror of the dorm he slept in. Why wouldn't his hair sit right? He hadn't cared about his appearance since before he and Simon had parted ways, but, once again, he found himself staring at that sharp blonde hair. He had managed to get hold of a decent suit and had spent the last twenty minutes preening his appearance. He and Liberty were good friends, and he didn't want to ruin this night for her by turning up looking like something out of the forest. After another five minutes of adjusting this and that, Rician finally gave up with a sigh, and set off for the Great Hall.

As he entered the beautifully decorated room, his eyes quickly found his partner for the evening. "Wow," Rician said in an attempt to flatter Liberty as he approached her, "you look fantastic!" He beamed from ear to ear, and gave her a very quick, friendly hug. He was so happy that after all these years at Hogwarts, he had finally found someone he could share laughs with and spill any secrets he claimed, to. He did find it a little peculiar that Liberty was married at such a young age, but he had been made fully aware of the circumstances under which it had taken place, the moment their friendship had peaked.

Libby was taking a sip of her champagne, admiring all the outfits that passed her, when a familiar smell voice caught her attention. She turned to see her friend complimenting her, and she engaged back in the friendly hug, giving him a small squeeze. It had been a very long time since she'd been able to hang out with any of her friends, prehaps this even was first proper chance she'd had after coming back to Hogwarts after Beauxbatons. "As do you Mr. Spernthelm" She grinned, licking his ice-cream looking him up and down. She put out her arm for him to put his through, before they became to walk down the side of the great hall.

"I trust you've danced before? Or at least had some experience when it comes to ballets?" she asked, resting her drink on a nearby table, and pulling Rician along behind her with one hand. Once they'd reached the dancefloor, she stepped in front of him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "No time to waste. May as well dance now, besides, gives us a chance to talk" she grinned. She always had been a little bossy, but she planned to have a good time tonight. As they began to dance slowly to the music, she looked up into his eyes, "It's been so long. You should tell me how your doing" she gave a soft smile, encouraging him to talk about himself.

Rician, in all honesty, was nervous to dance. He had danced before, though he was sure that had been completely out of step and a terrible mess. "Er.." Rician managed to reply, before Liberty had grabbed him by the hand, and was dragging him onto the dance floor. Instantly, he found himself taking hold of Liberty, moving his feet in time to the music, and attempting to uphold a conversation at the same time. "Well," Rician began, not really sure what it was that Liberty wanted to hear, "I'm still alive, so I guess that's a good thing." Rician smiled with his eyes. He liked Liberty, she was good fun, and a good friend when he needed one to talk to. She had helped him a lot in getting over his break-up with Simon, yes, they had both felt it was best, but it still stung him, deep down.

"My family are, somewhat, ignoring me as usual," he rolled his eyes. Rician was used to the way his family felt about magic, and they had felt the same way before when they had learnt of his aunt's magical ability. She had children of her own, now. "My aunt is having a wonderful time trying to keep the twins out of trouble- they have reached the age of mud-pies and mayhem. Both things run in the family," Rician said, before adding, "twins and trouble." He shook his head with a smile. "I take it you will be visiting Alex and little Keanu during the holiday?"

Libby began to dance with Ric, helping him lead her with the footsteps and moves, listening to him talk. When she heard about Ricians family ignoring him, she pulled a face, lifting their arms and walking under it before her hand reconnected with his shoulder. She knew the stage of mud-pies, not only through Robert's twin sisters, but also her own sister Natalie. "I know how you mean" she smiled, being reminding of a the young six year old. It was strange how fast time had gone by already. Just another 5 and she'd be here, at Hogwarts. It was another reason she wanted to be a Professor. If she became one in 10 years, Natalie would be a fifth year... she could teach her own sister...

"Yes, i'm going back to France for the holidays," she replied, thinking about her son. He too was just a baby, and it would be a shock to see him anymore than just a toothless ball of pink squidgyness, nonetheless, Libby couldn't wait to return and see her family again. "What about you?" she asked, curtsing her head low, before standing and continuing the dance. "You have any plans for christmas?" she added. She could have invited Rician but she wasn't sure if Alex would be thrilled about her bringing another boy home, besides, she was looking forward to it just being the three of them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back