Open I'm About To Have A Come Apart

Zhivka Harcourt

OOC First Name
Nichole
This topic is open after Daphne!

Zhivka had conquered many goals in her time at Hogwarts, but there was one thing - a fear - she thought she might never face no matter how long she lived. On a peaceful weekend afternoon, the brunette had no plans of being scared out of her skin, but a spider inching it's way towards her had different plans. A squeal escaped the brunettes lips from where she sat on a half wall, and she was frozen to the spot. "Oh Merlin, oh Merlin." She spoke over and over again, watching the eight legged creepy crawly move over her tights and up her shin. "Someone please get it off me!" She squealed, eyes closed, looking like she might cry. It was unfortunate for the Bulgarian Puff that her largest fear, was anything crawling along the ground - bugs, arachnids - she loathed them all.

Theodore felt more at ease at Hogwarts these days. With his brother back and a girlfriend, Theodore was no longer so alone. But being apart from Edmund for so long had also ensured he no longer felt the urge to be by his brother's side at all times. Edmund had a girlfriend too, and Theodore had decided a while ago that it was best to stay away from that relationship as much as possible. He no longer felt vulnerable in the corridors on his own, but this was probably partly because he was now one of the oldest students at Hogwarts. He could send younger students out of his path with a single glare, which was always pretty fun. The boy was moving through the corridor when he suddenly heard someone yell. He stopped and frowned at the girl in annoyance. He had no intention of helping her, until he saw what was scaring her so. The spider wasn't very large, so if the girl decided to hit it in her terror it would certainly die. Theodore huffed in annoyance as he walked over. "Keep still." He told the unfamiliar girl. He gently took the spider, letting it walk onto his hand. Then he cradled it protectively and gave the girl a glare. "No need to yell so much. Did you know spiders can hear very well? They can hear someone walk from across the room." Did he say it to scare her a bit? Maybe. But it was also true. "They hear through the hairs on their legs." He added, looking at the creature in his hand closely with fondness. He missed his Victor, his deceased pet tarantula. But he hadn't had the heart to replace him yet.

Zhivka was more than perplexed when a dark seeming boy approached her. Of course the Bulgarian seventh year was happy for the rescue, but the more he talked, the more her little hairs stood on end. "If it can hear so well why'd it keep climbing when I said no!" She asked childishly, starting to slowly calm down as she now had nothing crawling on her. "You should be careful! You know that spider could be venomous and I hate to break it to you but it won't turn you into Spider man!" Siffy looked at the eight legged monstrosity in the boys hand, and then back at his bespectacled face. She didn't much recognize him, but he wasn't a first year she was sure. "Thank you." She spoke sheepishly, referencing his rescue of her.

Theodore kept the spider in his cupped hands, looking at it occasionally to make sure it wasn't escaping. He would have to put it outside somewhere, far away from hysterical Hufflepuffs that might hurt it. "It can't speak English." He said with a frown as the girl said something completely idiotic, giving her a look that clearly showed her he thought that was a dumb thing to say. "This kind of spider isn't venomous. It's harmless." He told her with a sigh. "You should do some research before you start yelling at spiders that can't even hurt you." He shrugged uncomfortably when she thanked him, not sure what to say. He hadn't done it for her. "I wanted the spider to be safe. You looked around two seconds away from hitting it." He explained.

Zhivka made a small face at the boy. “Yes with my seer abilities I will sense a spider coming before hand and I’ll just take out a book and research it before it can crawl on me!” She said huffily. It wasn’t as if she had planned on being uncomfortably touched by the hairy thing. “And besides thag id rather research things I like. Like a butterfly. At least they’re useful pollinating and everything.” She crosses her arms, glaring at this strange and either rude or socially inept person.

Theodore was really frustrated with this girl and how dramatic she was being. He rolled his eyes behind his glasses. "You could do research beforehand. I don't understand why that's such a ridiculous notion to you." Maybe it was because she was a Hufflepuff. He'd always gotten the impression they weren't the smartest. Theodore snorted when she said she wanted to research butterflies instead. "You'll be disappointed. They're not cute and cuddly either. Some are carnivores, they have their skeletons on the outside, and they taste with their feet." He smiled a little, the effect more unsettling than reassuring. "Spiders are useful too. If they weren't around, there would be a hundred other bugs crawling up your leg right now. At least spiders get rid of them." He told her, staring at her unblinkingly.

Zhivka crossed her arms and looked at the bespectacled boy through skeptical eyes. "It's ridiculous because I'm not interested in it. Are you going to research I don't know, ladies fashion in the early decades? Probably not, because fashion isn't your thing. People don't have to research and have all the same knowledge as you." She said, obviously taken aback by the boys rude bluntness - feeling that there was a much more sociable way to be around people. She groaned when he made butterflies sound creepy. "You don't get out an talk to normal people much, do you?" She asked. Though she had to give in when he said spiders are useful. "You aren't wrong, but just because you have an affinity for the eight legged beasts doesn't mean everyone does." She pointed out. "Regardless, I guess now i know and next time one crawls on me I'll find you."

Theodore rolled his eyes. "No, because that's not useful to my day to day life." He informed her. "And not nearly as interesting as the subject of insects and arthropods." He said, as if that much was obvious. It was to him. He shrugged when she said not everyone needed to have the same knowledge as him. He didn't see why, even though he knew not many people were interested in what he liked. He scowled as she said he didn't get to talk to normal people much. "Do you consider yourself normal? If a hysterical and dramatic girl is normal, I prefer my current friends." He said coldly. He didn't have many friends, but he was sure his brother and girlfriend counted. He crossed his arms. "No. Next time you can deal with it on your own, as long as you don't harm it. If you do, I'll find a way to get back at you." He said, no longer wanting to be nice to the girl. She had insulted him and annoyed him, so why did she think he would help her? "Spiders in your shoes would be a good retribution." He mused.

Last edited:
Zhivka could not believe some strange looking, pug faced, for-eyed... The girl took a breath. "Whatever." She replied, looking off to the side. "Now can you run along and be strange with your 'friends'." She said, eyeballing the spider in his hand, whom she assumed was the only friend the boy had. "And if I find any spiders near me, I'll just assume you sent them, and squish them real good." She threatened with narrowed eyes, warning him to conjure the eight legged freaks near her.

Theodore was frustrated with the girl, but also done with the conversation. He considered putting the spider back on her just to watch her reaction, but he felt like that was unfair to the spider, who might be crushed by her panicked reaction. He snorted at her words, but then gave her a small, eerie smile. “If you do that, I’d be worried about the revenge of the Acromantula in the forest.” He told her as he met her eyes. “I heard they’re very protective of smaller spiders, and they might come to crush you instead. Before they eat you, of course.” With that, he turned away from her, still carefully holding the spider he had rescued from her hysteria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back