If You Let Me Down, Let Me Down Slow

Wynne Andoujenero

OOC First Name
Nichole
Wynne Andoujenero had not left her room for much more than classes since her interaction with Hunter. The Hufflepuff had been her closest friend since starting school, and she couldn't help but feel mixed up over his reveal of emotions. Wynne wondered if he was was genuine in the way he felt for her, but she couldn't see past the way he'd told her the privileges must have been nice, to see if he might care about her. It wouldn't have been so hard to think about if Wynne had someone else she could talk to, but she often went to Hunter for everything.

When Wynne thought of the interaction she tingled, from her lips to her toes. Everything replayed in her mind, and she couldn't help but notice that the kiss itself wasn't what had made her upset. She'd enjoyed it, even if it was brief and confusing. She wasn't sure now how to approach him though, and continued to avoid him the best she could. Her mind still hazy, and knowing she couldn't risk studying in the common room, the young Andoujenero made her way into the abandoned classroom, setting up to read. She considered her books briefly, but eventually felt herself lost in doodling script, calligraphy an art she'd been practicing since able to hold a quill. She wrote little letters and big letters, all the while staring at the pages in her book, hoping she could learn just from looking at them long enough.

Hunter didn't understand girls. They seems to have the same emotions when it comes to romance. After what happened in the common room the next day, Hunter took courage talking to his sister about what happened. Peyton, taking a liking on Wynne, simply smack him on the side of head. He was debating whether he should stop seeking advice from her sister or not but being a good little brother, Hunter took her big sister's advice. To give Wynne time to process all the things happened. And if opportunity comes and he bumps into Wynne, he would apologize and promise not to bother her again even if it will ruin their friendship for good.

Tired of spending time with Peyton and hearing her heartache because of her own break up. Hunter was happy to leave his sister alone at the hands of the couch in the Student Lounge. Done for the day and was still thinking about Wynne, he walked an endless steps of stairs until he found the quietest room on all of the castle. Looking around, and making sure the corridors were clear, he opened the door quietly. At first he didn't see the figure sitting, not until when he closed the door and turned around that he thought fate must have come early for him. The girl he had first seen looming at the entrance to the Quidditch pitch after their match. Hunter thinks it was love at first sight. "Wynne? I-umm ... I didn't know you were here." The Hufflepuff boy was looking a way out or was he really looking for it? Frozen on his spot, he wished he hadn't been born that day.

Wynne had been drawing a small bee, the dots from it's flight pattern spelling words on the aged parchment. She dipped her quill back into her ink well and as she moved to continue her writing she suddenly realized she was not alone. At the sight of a shadow Wynne jumped, her inkwell shattering on the ground to one side of her, and her quill slipping from her hand and falling in front of her. "Shoot." She whispered, looking at the well rather than the person. That was until the boy spoke - and as the fates would have it she wasn't done suffering and it was Hunter. The black haired Puff moved to stand, trying to gather her books and her quill. "N-no I'm sorry, I was... I was just leaving it's okay."

In Wynne's chest her heart beat like the wings of a humming brid. She wasn't as ready to talk to the boy as she had originally hoped, and while she knew avoiding him was making the problem worse, she wasn't sure what else she was supposed to do when her words evaded her.

He stared at her with longing. He wanted his friend back. He wanted Wynne back. Days and a new year had passed, they were still in none speaking terms. Hunter wanted to apologize so bad but her ignoring him was complicating it. "You don't have to leave. You were here first." The boy told the dark haired girl who he misses terribly. Even in the dusty and old classroom, Wynne was still as angelic as always. Beautiful. But this thing between them needs to stop and only he can do that change. If not Wynne, he'll do it. "Actually ..." He trailed off as he walked slowly toward her. "Don't go. I've waited for this opportunity to come by and this is it. I just want you to hear my apology." Hunter stopped walking and only an old desk were in between them.

The Hufflepuf Boy started, not waiting for Wynne to speak. "You're the first friend I had in this school and you're amazing. But I felt more than just friendship from you. And it is not because your parents are politician, no. I myself grew up with a silver spoon in my mouth but that didn't matter to me nor my sister." He took a deep breath, stopping to look straight on her face. Her soft face. "I'm sorry if that rub in the wrong direction but I'm sincere when I said I like you very much. And I'm sorry if the kiss scared you. I had to prove it in all ways." Hunter sighed and lowered his head. He knew Wynne can end their friendship here and he'll understand that.

Wynne missed the way Hunter's eyes looked at her, her own pointed downward for the beginning of their interaction. The petite Puff moved her feet completely together in her stance, reserved as always, if not more so around the boy in front of her. "You... you don't have to...' She started to tell him he didn't need to apologize, but her voice was quiet and he spoke anyways. She allowed him his piece, her cheeks heating up slightly as he mentioned the kiss they had shared. Her heart in her chest was a drummer for the army, playing it's song over and over, faster and faster in her chest. She took in a deep breath and looked up, only to see he had also lowered his head. Guilt set into the stomach of the Hufflepuff, whom wondered if she had jumped the gun, if perhaps Hunter wasn't good with his words.

Wynne took a small step forward. "It's not your fault Hunter. My home life is just difficult is all. I'm not exactly a silver spoon daughter. I'm adopted into the politician world... so I don't fit in. I only feel like I fit in when I'm around you." She whispered, wondering when she'd made her way to him, standing in front of him bravely. She had to look up, but she could see his face. "I'm sorry I thought the worst of you." She muttered, before throwing her arms around the above-average height boy, hugging herself against him.

When he heard Wynne spoke, Hunter was surprised but didn't let it show. She wasn't avoiding the conversation anymore. Hunter Baird now understand why she was just like that. Reserved. Quiet. Shy. He could see she was more than that. The Hufflepuff boy smiled apologetically and as Wynne neared him, he barely heard what she said before feeling her body on him. Hunter held her tightly, he didn't want to let her go. The boy almost lost her but not anymore. He kissed the top of her head lovingly. The sweet scent of shampoo linger. He missed this, just by being near her, he was complete. "I know you still have the question 'Why you' on your head." He muttered. Only her can hear. "I can answer it now." He continued. "When I first saw you it felt like it was love at first sight but I didn't want to scare you, so, I worked hard to get you in an old fashion way. It was then that I learned more about you, your mannerism and all." The boy wanted to list all the traits he fell in love with, good and bad. We all have flaws and Hunter accepts his and Wynne's, if ever Wynne has one but he never saw such thing on her. For him, she was perfect. "Wynne Andoujenero. I love you and you are perfect." He kissed atop her head again and squeezed her gently.

The feeling of Hunter's lanky arms wrapped around Wynne was comforting, but she knew as much as she'd hoped every second to come between them would be easy, it would only get harder. Introducing him to her family if they became more than friends was going to be a task, and not to mention trying to explain to him the truth of her adoption. At least what she believed to be the truth, no one had ever told her she was correct. She didn't need to be told to understand she was a political device and not a daughter. His kiss on the top of her head brought her out of her stupor and thoughts, and for a moment she just listened to the rumble of his chest, trying hard not to become so embarrassed or anxious she might need to pull away. This was the most physical contact she could ever remember having as it was.

"H-Hunter?" She asked hearing his last words. They were confusing, love at first sight was for fairytales, not for real life, wasn't it? Wynne wiggled her way back, and looked up at him. "C... Can I have a do over... on the kiss?" She inquired, her face a rose color, in a way avoiding needing to say she loved him, truly unsure what a romantic love was or what it felt like at such a young age.

The silence was all he needed to process everything he just had said bravely to the girl. It was rare he would even do such a thing. But he did and he was proud to conquer his fears to be with his love. Wynne might not understand it for now but she will eventually. As he was enjoying the moment of silent, he felt Wynne wiggle partially from him. Hunter chuckled light on her request. He nodded, "I would do it in a heart beat." Hunter chuffed her chin gently. Staring into that dark brown pupils of the most beautiful girl in the world.

His lips touched hers. Second times a charm. Wynne's lips were as always, soft,
sweet. He wondered what she had eaten that day. At meal times, Hunter could only took a glimpse at her and doesn't pay attention at the food she eats. The boy was slow, smooth. Not wanting to scare Wynne ever again.

The light chuckle that left from Hunter's lips almost worried the girl, did he think her suggestion was silly. However he spoke within a moment and she knew he agreed. The brunette was almost as unprepared now as she had been that night in the common room. She watched his eyes, hoping that she'd know what she was doing. What if thy kissed and she was no good, or she didn't feel anything between them? Wouldn't that be worse than anything now that he'd confessed his supposed love for her? Wynne stood slightly on tiptoes, the foot of height difference a little awkward. The Fourteen year old finally closed her eyes, and touched her lips to his.

The kids was chaste, and slowly she tilted her head and melded their lips as one. Her face was warm but her finger tips were ice cold - heart awakened by this kiss thudding to life. After a some seconds Wynne parred their lips, unsure if she should have gone for a smog or if she should take it slow. The English Puff looked down for a moment then back st him. "So... so what do we do now?" She asked, not sure if this meant this was them being together? She had missed the Yule Ball with him, maybe he would ask her to the next dance, maybe he would want to kiss her again... and maybe she would let him. This was all new and excited, but she didn't mind it.

Hunter felt Wynne kissed back and a smile broke from his lips. It was a nice feeling. He got the girl he wanted, she was perfect and yet it was like he wanted to do something more for her. After a sweet and long kiss, they parted but only a few inches. Hunter not wanting her to go. Although it was his first ever dating. The Hufflepuff boy scratched the back of his head from Wynne's question. "Well, I do want to take you at the Valentine's day dance as we didn't actually go at the Yule Ball." He was treading water here. Hunter doesn't know if she wanted to be seen with him or not. "Or" He trailed off, thinking other things to make other special plans if she didn't want to go. "We could go to Madam Puddifoot's?" It was really up to Wynne.He was fine which ever she decided.

Hunter's smile into their kiss brought more flutters to Wynne's heart than the kiss itself had. the onyx eyed girl couldn't help but feel that kissing might be something she'd enjoy doing with hunter, once she got used to the nervous energy it gave her. Once he gave her room to breathe, the fourth year caught her breath and looked up into his umber pools. "I'm sorry about that." She apologized in a whisper about the Yule ball, and their small argument. At his other suggestion, as if he was worried she'd turn him down again, she giggled quietly. "Why don't we do both?" She asked, never having been on a date - but fairly certain that Madame Puddifoot's was indeed a place for a date. "So... does this mean that... you and I are?" She asked, unsure if she was jumping the gun. What if he didn't exactly want to date yet? They were both fairly young after all.

Wynne didn't have to apologized, he respect her decisions and her feelings. Hunter knows he was fast but what if he's not the only boy in this school that likes her? What if because of his shyness and low knowledge of dating he was too late and somebody had her first? That would devastated him. The Hufflepuff boy's eyes widen in surprise when the dark haired girl picked his two suggestions. His heart thumping like he just run a marathon. "Really?" Hunter had to find his voice. His excitement off the roof. "You, just for me at the dance and dinner? I think I hit the jackpot." He can't believe Wynne was agreeing to him. The brunette was simply the most happiest man alive right now. Although her next question made his legs giggled like it became a jello. Yes, he knows what she was talking about and yes, he wanted to say that it seems they're dating now. But her mouth was barely opening and he had thought he became mute all of a sudden. Hunter opened and closed his mouth, trying to find the right words to say. "I guess you're stuck with this guy until you're tired of him." It wasn't a great response but there was something funny about it. Hunter can't wait to tell his sister everything that happened today, she will be thrilled to have another girl to go shopping with her on holidays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back