Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
asexual
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Sturdy Cypress Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Zennon was not know for his studying techniques. In fact, he was generally pretty terrible at it, especially when he wasn't a fan of the class. He did try of course, and he knew he had to try harder now that he knew what he wanted to do with his life, but that didn't mean it made any of this easier. Still, there were only a couple of classes he really felt he was struggling with, so when Sam had mentioned she was going to the Library to study, he thought it was a good idea to tag along. They had a few classes together, so he knew she was smart and he hoped some of that cleverness could rub off on him if he spent enough time with her, he would definitely need it in classes like Transfiguration and Defence Against the Dark Arts, which were not his strengths. He was good at the more hands on classes though, like Potions and Care of Magical Creatures, Muggle Studies was mostly just for the credit though. Maybe this would be mutually beneficial, though he didn't know if Sam was struggling with anything. He smiled at her as he sat at one of the free tables. As fifth years, their OWLs were going to be extremely important to determine what classes they would be allowed to continue on with, and he had specific views on that, so he knew he had to be careful and get better at some of these classes too if he wanted to continue with them. "Do you have a plan or something? Should we just go over notes, or maybe look at things we're not sure on?" He asked, wondering if she might want to take the lead here.​

OWLs were pretty close and Sam had to remind herself not to panic. She was keeping up with all her classes, which was a start, but that wasn’t enough. She had to keep studying until her brain was close to exploding with the information. There was no rest for the wicked. The fifth year mentioned that she was going to the library after class and was surprised but also quickly pleased that her friend Zennon chose to come along with her. Maybe they could study together. That way, Sam got to find out in which areas they both needed to improve, and it would give her a chance to teach what she knew to somebody else. There probably couldn’t have been a better time to do it than now. Sam returned Zennon’s smile as they sat down at a table and not wasting time she pulled out the first book out of her bag which happened to be Transfiguration. She glanced at the other Slytherin, secretly pleased about him asking her what they should do as opposed to giving his own opinion. "Well," she began, taking a moment to think. "I think we should go over the things we are not sure of first, and then look over our notes?" she suggested, not wanting him to feel as though she were being bossy.

Zennon looked down at the group of books he'd piled on the desk. The only class he hadn't bothered to bring a text book for was Care of Magical Creatures, as he could basically do that class in his sleep, it was his best after all. He looked over as Sam pulled out her Transfiguration book, good idea, and he moved to grab his as well, moving closer to her in the process so they would be able to look over each others work. Zennon had never been a great studier, much better at doing things with his hands than trying to memorise a bunch of things and read over notes or stuff like that, he just wasn't wired that way unfortunately. "Right, that works." He looked at the small pile of books they had between them, satisfied that this would be enough for now. "I can already tell you right now, Transfiguration is one of my worst, if not my worst, subjects." He wasn't entirely sure why, he just didn't quite seem to be able to grasp it quite like he hoped. He'd been alright in First year, but subsequent years had gone down hill as it got more difficult. "How're you at Transfiguration then?" He was completely happy to let Sam take the lead here, since she seemed to have a much better idea of all this than he did anyway.​

Sam glanced at Zennon as he moved closer so that they could compare notes, and she couldn’t subtly attempt to read his notes because she wasn’t that good, as much as she wished to be. It also didn’t seem polite it he didn’t openly share what he had written with her. She nodded at him with a smile, satisfied that he seemed to agree with her plan. It really was not that difficult to follow and as long as he could keep up, it would be a smooth study session. "Don’t worry, by the end of this, you will know everything there is to know for the OWLs," she said as a way to reassure the Slytherin. He couldn’t possibly study with a stressed mind. He had to be as calm as possible, that way the information would come to him more easily. "Oh, I’m alright," she said, shifting uncomfortably. She didn’t want to tell him she was pretty good, she didn’t want him to think less of himself or anything like that if he realised she got straight O’s - well, usually. "So, let’s start with what we learned throughout first to fourth year. Can you remember what we did, generally?" she asked, wanting to know where exactly he stood in the subject.​

Zennon wasn't really very good at taking notes, most of what he had written down were just key terms that he needed to look up later and usually hadn't found the time later. He had some spells written down, a couple of the meanings and notes on the essays they got set, but for the most part, his notes were sparse, if anything. He laughed lightly when Sam mentioned that by the end of their time together he would know everything there is to know for the OWLs, he certainly wasn't entirely confident of that, but he hoped it would mean he would do well, since he desperately needed this class for his future. "Okay, well my life is in your capable hands, Sam," he said, highlighting a couple of the sections in his notes that he was going to ask her about, since between them, she was clearly the most knowledgable. He frowned a bit when she asked him what he knew generally, what he remembered, but unfortunately, he only really remembered the stuff they'd gone over this year. "Well, I remember sitting on the table and laughing at the rest of you weirdos rounding up the ducks," he said, shrugging. But then he turned a little more serious, unsure if Sam was going to like him mucking about. "To be honest, I've been a bit preoccupied with stuff and haven't been paying near enough attention as I should be. I know the basics, transfiguration is the practice of transfiguring one entity into another, most commonly one object into another object as living transfigurations is a damn sight harder." He admitted.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back