Linnux Majors

Chaser for Ballycastle Bats // Dork

Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Linnux glanced at his fancy pocket watch, the flowers cycling the minutes away. He was aware that Maggie was going to be coming to check out his brother's new museum. He also knew she wasn't aware of Aminia's involvement now with the museum. He also was sure she wasn't aware that he knew her involvement in keeping letters from her brother. Perhaps she meant well, but in the end things might have been different for Chaser - and Linnux couldn't help but question Maggie. This could be a lesson in growing up after all. Linnux knew she was still young, fifteen he thought now, but it was time for her to understand that people needed to make mistakes to grow up - herself included. no one could protect everyone, it was a sad truth.

Upon spotting the dark haired, now almost a woman, he gave a smile and approached her. "We need to talk, Mags." He said, looking down from his lanky height at her, hoping she'd see the seriousness in his dark orbs.

Maggie had spent a good portion of her fourth year dreading to know what was going on with her older brother. 12 months ago she and Chaser had been at their parents house in South Korea, when she’d seen the letters come through addressed to the former Gryffindor. Of course Chaser hadn’t never seen these, and Maggie assumed the ordeal was over. Chaser was free of his manipulative ex girlfriend, he deserved so much better than her, and while it had been a difficult time for him to get through she knew he’d appreciate it one day.

That didn’t mean however that she felt as though she could relax not until she’d laid eyes on him herself and proved she’d done the right thing. Today the Pufflehuff would get the chance to do just that, and travelling to his new banana museum, she could only hope her plan had gone well. Approaching the destination, excitement brewing, she spotted a familiar face and one she’d not spoken to for a while. “Hey Linnux,” her smile fading as his serious expression was unnerving. “What is going on?” She asked, unable to hide the sudden worry in her voice. It wasn’t surprising to run into her brothers best friend, but was Chaser alright?

Linnux gave a deep breath and guided Maggie around the corner, so that he wouldn't risk Chaser stepping out and seeing them. "Listen." Started the professional quidditch player. "I know about the letters you hid from your brother, and we need to talk about it regardless on if you actually want to." He said, making it obvious that this discussion wasn't a choice. Assuring he had the full attention of his best friends sister he began. "We were all very upset with Aminia, Maggie - and your brother was hurt. I sat with him while he cried, you know I wanted to protect him just as much as you did, but taking those letters did not protect him - all you did was take away his choice." He said, using these terms and hoping that the grown up side of this girl would understand. "Heart break is inevitable, someone is going to break your heart one day to, and you will be given a choice to walk away forever or be there again, but if you don't have that choice you'll spend your time wondering what could have been, and a wound that could have healed may last longer. Does this make sense?"

Linnux then thought briefly, realizing that Maggie had spent a number of years studying with AMinia, perhaps... "Did it hurt you that she left you too?" He asked.

Maggies heartbeat was rising when her brothers friend pulled her to the side, out of the view of the general public. Confusion running through her head as she impatiently waited to hear what on earth this was all about. As soon as she heard the girls name, Maggie tried to hide the fact all blood was draining from her face. Hearing Lin speak about that girl was worse than when Professor Pendleton caught her plagiarising a potion. She knew how bad it had been, although how he’d gotten word that Chaser had even had any letters sent to him didn’t make sense. She’d been very careful, and she was quite sure no one else knew about them, and with Aminia out the picture why did it even matter? She hadn’t even considered the fact one day if the same happened to her, that she would be hurt she didn’t have the option to choose, but she still believed what she’d done was the right thing. There was no point in denying it this time though, Lin wasn’t stupid most of the time. She considered his last question, frowning as she thought, “We spent a lot of time together, and it is true I thought she was our friend. I did not think I would have to catch her out like that but it is better for everyone now,” she replied, lowering her gaze from the man. “She has left him alone and now he can move on, and be happy,” after all, it’s what they both wanted wasn’t it?

There was music playing softly in the background, and the Pufflehuff thought it was coming from inside the museum. Tapping on the mans arm, she hoped she could show him what she meant. Crouching low, she moved along the side of the museum wall until they reached a small window, slightly ajar, and peering in from the bottom, Maggie motioned for her friend to take a look with her. “This is what I mean,” she whispered, crouching near the bushes before turning back to lay her eyes on the scene inside. “He is more than content now and I do not want that to change. Do you not agree he has better spirits now than last year?”

It had been a very long time since Chaser had felt this carefree. Things may not have been perfect just yet, but his life was on the rise, progress was being made in every aspect, and he had hope that things would work out. Of course a lot of this wouldn’t have been possible without the help of his best friend, who’d not only pushed him into opening his own business, but in talking things through with Aminia too.

“The sky ran out of stars, they're all living in the city. Don't wanna be nameless for life,” the blonde was singing, dancing around the room in time to the music that blasted out the radio as he organised his stock. Popping open a new box, he lifted out a rare orange banana that had been shipped in all the way from Spain. Directing his words to the fruit he began to cradle in his arms, “You wanna be famous? That's fine. Spending all my money just to make you feel pretty.” He sung, an octave above the song for dramatic effect. It was true he did love what he did. Noise behind him distrupted him from his thoughts however, and laying down the banana in its safety glass he bounded across the museum to see who had turned up. Today was a very exciting day, and he could wait to spend it with his friends and family.

Linnux sighed. It wasn't his place to tell Maggie about Chaser and Mini being on speaking terms, or dating, or honestly whatever it was that they were doing. Linnux couldn't even try and say he understood how love and heart break worked - he'd never had his first kiss. The dark haired man looked at her as she tapped on his arm, and then in through the window. Linnux laughed. "Mags..." He started to speak, but as Chaser went to the door he knew it wasn't going to need to be said as a certain blonde Veela entered the room, carrying a box that looked quite heavy with some extra wood for stands and most likely other helpful items inside. It seemed she laughed at Chaser, but the boys grin was ever wide. "I knew about the letters because she told me. Mags did you ever open and read them? Did you know why she had to leave Chaser, why she came back?" Linnux looked fully at the woman now. "Mags you can't make a decision without knowing all the facts, otherwise you're assuming and that makes an arse outta both parties involved." He spoke gently, hoping the girl wouldn't just burst in and beat Aminia up on the spot.

Maggie watched as Chaser danced around the room, turning to check out Linnux’s reaction. She watched his face and hoped she see satisfaction reflected back at her, and finally agree she was correct. That didn’t quite happen though, as he pointed that that it had been Aminia herself who’d told him. She flicked back to look as the woman she hated wandered back into the room, meer feet away from Chaser, and not only did he not seem surprised, but he looked more excited still. “No! I did not read more than a few lines,” perhaps it would seem as though she hadn’t out of respect, but in truth she’d tried to read them but her English on paper wasn’t the greatest, and there had been some challenging vocabulary in there from the writer. “She made her decision to leave, that was her. Dancing was more important than Chaser.” She began, her voice getting faster as the panic of the situation was setting in. She didn’t understand why this was happening, nor why Chaser and Linnux were allowing it. “She will hurt him again,” she pleaded, her eyes pouring worriedly into the man’s beside her, hoping he of all people would know where she was coming from.

This wasn't Linnux's story. "Maggie, you know how your parents would let you travel cross country with a hobo sack and a packed lunch when you became n adult if you wanted?" He asked, nodding over to a nearby bench that was sat under a shady tree. "Aminia didn't have that." Linnux then spilled a story that wasn't his to tell, hoping maybe Maggie could learn to forgive and understand that circumstances were not always the same for everyone. Once he'd told her of Aminia's misfortunes, and that the girl was even working in a fast food restaurant, he looked around the landscape.

"Families don't always stay together. Pippa's family isn't even in the best state right now, her parents have trouble with money and it causes fights. Life isn't perfect, but sometimes you find people that make it more bearable. Sometimes these people are in your life forever - like me and Chaser. You can't get rid of us. Some people will leave your life after teaching you lessons, like your professors or sometimes friends. Then sometimes you and the person you care about need to be away to come back together." Linnux then thought. "Here is the way it goes. Maybe she will hurt him again, maybe she wont, but in the end, who has the choice to let her back in Chaser's life? You can choose not to forgive her and be angry forever and feel angry and panicked when you see her, or you can learn to forgive her - or just ignore her. Either way you can't choose what Chaser is going to do."

Maggie has no idea what she wanted to do later on in her life but she could agree with him that not much of a fight would be raised by their parents no matter what she wanted. Following his lead, the Pufflehuff listened reluctantly as he gave out information he had no doubt he’d been in trouble for sharing if anyone found out. She hadn’t even known her best friend was going through problems too and it made her feel terrible that she may not have been paying close enough attention. Throughout it all, she still smiled when he mentioned she wouldn’t be able to be rid of either of the boys, but she still had so many questions.

“Did she care all the time she was away?” She asked. If Aminia has told him details he hoped he wouldn’t mind reassuring her too. “And when did they get back together?” Her gaze was still towards the museum as she wished she could see what was going on. It wasn’t that she didn’t believe Lin, but it would have been easier to see for herself. “I do not know if I can be her friend, even if he is,” she added quietly. She’d trusted her and while Chaser may have forgiven the former Ravenclaw, Maggie wasn’t quite as accepting.

Seeing that Maggie was understanding the man patted her shoulder. "She broke down in tears the minute she saw me. Could have been because I'm ugly, but I think it was because of how much she missed him." He laughed. "I think they're just friends, Chaser hasn't mentioned they're back together. He nodded at what she said. "Maggie, you don't ever have to be her friend if you don't want to. Just don't carry that hate. It takes too much energy, okay? Now how about we wait till she's gone, and then tag team fight your brother?" He asked with a grin.

“You are not completely ugly,” Maggie teased, half hinting at a compliment but knowing the man had a big enough ego to last a century and it certainly didn’t need inflating. He had a good figure and a cute face though, so there was no way that could have been the case. She listened as she heard it was likely they were still friends at this point, which the brunette was glad for if it meant she could speak to Chaser alone first. Maggie nodded at Linnix’s words, grateful she wasn’t going to have to pretend. It would have been hard, even for her brothers sake to fake enjoying her time around Aminia. Grinning back at him, she was pleased she’d not been in too much trouble and that he had understood where she was coming from. She could only hope her brother was as understanding too. “He does not stand a chance,” she giggling, nudging him playful with a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back